Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [13]: Jul 16 2016 - The Rave - Milwaukee, WI

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

Great to see Killing Strangers made it was back into the setlist! You lucky fuckers!

Amazing all around!
    The M&G was pretty cool but still a little too quick. Would do it again (and am at SPAC next Sun) regardless.
    I don't record or pic so nothing to share but a bit a banter.
    Manson and I talked about haircuts (he recognized my hair was different from the 2013 M&G in Glens Falls!!! wtf who does that?), ink and military service. None of the things I had in my head to try and discuss.
    He was very crisp and jovial. He was grinning and joking around from the moment I got on his bus. Mainly picking on his assistant who couldn't get his "mood" music going. This he claimed to be racist action as the selection was Getto Mutherfuckers or some shit I barely remember what was on the screen there. Anyhow, the main bit we discussed is a bit of ink I added that is an homage to the Fall of the House of Death. He said I should really play that song live but unfortunately for me it wasn't on the set. I remarked geekingly "God, I would die to hear that live" to which he replied, We don't want that so now I cant play it. I was laughing as I departed and swung back for one more hand shake before they said my name for the 5th or 6th time to get me off the bus.
    On to the show. Got my goodies back to the hotel, and still made if back in to basically a 2nd rank pit position.
    Pit Comment: WTH do lil eggs think they can sit by the rail then complain like the person behind them has any real control. Saw 2 go down almost immediately after Manson hit, well the other was her sister who left shortly thereafter as I guess she was still out at the paramedics. That bit got me to get a hand on the rail which I generally use to help hold my spot and create a little space between me and the ralirider. However some other set a sisters were there and she didn't like my hand so she dug at it. On top of it she was bitching at me for pushing....after the next surge I rolled around rather husky guy (who had been squishing me into her and got to the other side a Manson more near twiggy.
    It was a sheer pleasure to see her get squished by the two burly mutherfuckers who were on my back. I was having troubles breathing myself as the crowd was relentless but I found a chic sandwich in the 3rd rank and was happy with my oxygen. Eventually I tapped out and went back to the bar as I was pouring sweat and the drips of water they wee sharing were inadequate.
    Anyhow that's my pit rant this year, back to the goodies.
    Manson looked and sounded incredible (as did the band). He was very talkative and interrupted several songs for rather long rambles. He did botch a couple lyrics inc ACSS & AWtSW but it was minor.
    Manson exploded a bag of red powder pretty much in our faces.
    Another highlight was when he leaned over us to sing during Killing Strangers and some curly haired dweeb grabbed Manson's jacket vigorously and almost toppled him. Dude also tried grabbing the mic away. Manson kinda gave him a "WTF Dude" look (most of us were just patting or throwing up signs (me - tho I did pat his shoulder once - I don't like pawing but couldn't help myself)). Well as Manson extricated himself from the situation he leaned back from a safer distance and spat right in his face. It was pretty righteous.
    That's all I got.
    Amazing fucking show....see yas Sunday. Say hi (or not) if ya see the white dude with a shock symbol inked on his right arm and a waxed back pseudo Mohawk/topknot (just no knot yet as it isn't long enough). Unless yer one a the 2 suckheads from the pit that is
    Last edited by Korpz; 07-17-2016 at 11:48 AM.
    "And We Will Sleep on the Skin of Its Nightmares..."

3. Like 7 Member(s) liked this post

@Korpz Thank you for what seems to be the first "comprehensive" review of a 2016 live show. I really appreciate your time writing that. Glad you had a great time on the bus and at the show. And it warms my hear that the band sounded that incredible.
    I really do hope that Manson comes back to Europe for a December/January tour with Meet and Greet. I would fucking love that.

Further to what Korpz wrote, Manson did stop The Dope Show and Sweet Dreams. I couldn't make out exactly what was said during The Dope Show, but I do have an iPhone video of it, and will post that shortly. He was seemingly quite pissed when he stopped Sweet Dreams, saying something about 'I'll give away 1,000 backstage passes' to whoever messes with the guy handing the light show and throwing one of his stilts at the ground, but he actually moved around quite well on the remaining one for the rest of the song. As said earlier, it was a fantastic show. I personally didn't catch Manson botching any of the lyrics, but the sound isn't particularly great at the Eagles Ballroom, so it's hard to pick up on in the midst a show. There was a lot of love coming from Manson, Twiggy, and Bates towards the crowd for our enthusiasm. They played like true showmen, and as said earlier, definitely seemed to be enjoying themselves and having fun all around. As a longtime fan from the 90s, it was very cool to see MM introduce everyone in the group. The band sounded/looked/acted like an actual band, and it was a nice touch from MM to give props to the fellas who are killing it every night up there for him. In my opinion, the current lineup is certainly the strongest since HW/GAOG. I know it's comparing vastly different bands from vastly different eras, but as I said, there was a palpable sense of cohesion amongst them, and they seemed unbothered by Manson stopping particular songs and just went along for the ride. I was very impressed with how easily they resumed The Dope Show after the break in the song. Lots of bras and panties were thrown at Twiggy, who then festooned his mic stand with them. On a critical note: Though it was awesome to finally hear Angel With The Scabbed Wings live (was the highlight of the night for me), it was a bit disappointing to only get 14 songs for a headlining show. The band played a 16-song set in February 2015, so I would've thought that they'd play the same again. That's all I can remember at the moment.

EDIT: The other highlight of the night was most certainly Killing Strangers. That song is absolutely MASSIVE live.
    Last edited by Lord MeowMeow; 07-17-2016 at 01:30 PM.

6. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post
    Follow Heather Quick On Twitter Add Heather Quick on Facebook Visit Heather Quick's Instagram Channel

Do you guys know how long has the show lasted? Beause, although he's going to play at a festival here in Brazil in September, he'll close one of the stages, so I'm hoping we get at least 1:15h so it will be possible to have a set with 13, 14 songs.

They were supposed to go on at 9 but started at about 9:30. The show ended at 11.

Follow Scorpion On Twitter Add Scorpion on Facebook Visit Scorpion's Youtube Channel Visit Scorpion's Instagram Channel

what the FUCK was this?

Apparently Tyler was joking around but Manson was pissed off. What the hell?
    The video was cut short so we don't know what made him angry

Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST
    Follow Cringeon On Twitter Add Cringeon on Facebook Visit Cringeon's Instagram Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMyEfF5LPe8
    what the FUCK was this?

That's an old video, pretty sure that's from the Canadian dates of 2015. I think right before Tyler exited due to film work.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMyEfF5LPe8
    what the FUCK was this?

Has it ever really taken much to make him lose it on stage? This is Marilyn Manson, after all. At least he didn't resort to the old favorite of throwing the mic stand at band members.

More to come..

13. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post