Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Song VS Song

Default Song VS Song

I'll start with

Born Villain

Born Villain VS The Devil beneath my Feet

2. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Game Rules!!!:

Someone picks one of two songs.

They leave that one and an extra.

You pick one of those two songs.

Repeat ad infinitum, etc. (thanks to Haz by explaining it so simple and cute lol)

So:

I pick The Devil beneath my Feet

So I'll take The Devil beneath my Feet VS Hey, Cruel World

By not taking a new song but the winner you'll be able to see how long the song will stay a favorite by the fans! ; )
    Last edited by Vertigo; 01-23-2017 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Some of you don't get it, added game rules...

A Mental Revolution Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

TDBMF

Cupid Carries A Gun Vs. Four Rusted Horses
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    -The Divine Trickster-
    I Was Invited To Eat The Young
    It's A Poor Sort Of Memory That Only Works Backwards.

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

It's no fun if you don't explain the winner...

Four Rusted Horses, easily. Even when I only knew the title, and wasn't aware it was re-calibrated from a Goon Moon song I could tell it would sound cool as fuck. Hearing it on the album, and then the Opening Titles versions (alt. and live) it was a relentless, perfect self-analysis of Manson's life and celebrity at the time it was recorded. Crippled, wailing, and beautiful song.
    In comparison with Cupid Carries A Gun, sure the latter arguably sounds more confident, but only from a production perspective. Interestingly, both songs discuss a dichotomy of good and evil; "Forbidden in Heaven and useless in Hell" - "Better pray for Hell not hallelujah", but I prefer the seething hopelessness of Manson's death-prediction in ...Horses.

Four Rusted Horses vs. You And Me And The Devil Makes 3
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

6. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Deep Six v Hey Cruel World

Deep Six: Definitely more enjoyable for me over the latter. Partly due to the fact that this song has a swagger to it that most songs on BV lacks. The riff on this is quite good and I love all the little sounds you pick up on later on the repeats. I also find that it has the power that HCW wanted to have but couldn't quite reach. Something about the way he's singing just sounds more confident and powerful. Again it comes back to the swagger I mentioned. So I definitely prefer this song over

Hey Cruel World: Hey Cruel World is not a bad song, I mean it's Manson, even my least favorite stuff from him is loads better than anything the modern music world churns out. However, this song just plainly feels forced and doesn't exude the confidence in my personal opinion that Deep Six has. The riff is boring and while some of the lyrics are really good the production just lacks the crispness that Deep Six has. For that reason I have to choose Deep Six over this song.
    Last edited by FuckmanQ; 07-02-2016 at 01:38 PM.
    A system organized around the weakest qualities of individuals will produce these same qualities in its leaders.

We sort of skipped S.D.'s question.

I'll go with "You And Me And The Devil Makes 3". I find "Four Rusted Horses" a little repetitive, while YAMATDM3 has a lot more going on in it. It's weird and psychedelic and menacing.

Title track battle: "Antichrist Superstar" vs. "EAT ME, DRINK ME"
    To revenge the misdeeds of the ruling class, there existed in the middle ages, in Germany, a secret tribunal, called the “Vehmgericht.” If a red cross was seen marked on a house, people knew that its owner was doomed by the “Vehm.”

All the houses of Europe are now marked with the mysterious red cross.

9. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Ah you're right my bad I got too caught up in my own thoughts. Didn't realize, oops. :P
    A system organized around the weakest qualities of individuals will produce these same qualities in its leaders.

Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

EAT ME, DRINK ME. It's instrumentals are so seducing and psychedelic and makes you fall into a trance, sort of hypnotic. The lyrics are discriptive and reflect on what most of the album is about. The drums give off a similar vibe that Evidence gives, which most the song is built on, the guitars are beautifully orchestrated along with the synths/ keys. The beating bass after the first chorus, and in the intro are my favorite part of the song, it's like a heartbeat, and stops unexpectedly. The outro, the synths are dark, and the lyrics/ vocals are disturbing. Wins by far for me.

Antichrist Svperstar is a dark anthem of what the same-titled album is about. You destroy something, comes back bigger. Soon to become a star. The crowd roar during the beginning, middle, and end is the best part. So powerful, and yet, so frightening. The Worm has grown to something bigger than we had ever imagined, and he destroys himself in the end. Back to the beginning of what it is all about. A full circle of destruction.

Dried Up, Tied, And Dead To The World Vs. Kinderfeld
    Last edited by Nemoris Inferioris; 07-02-2016 at 07:10 PM.
    Memento Mori
    619208 919 4514
    -The Divine Trickster-

That's pretty difficult. If it were the "Smells Like Children" version of the song, "Kinderfeld" would take it every time. Unfortunately, I think it lost a lot of its power in translation to the studio version. Meanwhile, "Dried Up, Tied..." is one of my favorite songs on the album, slithering in a way that's highly reminiscent of The Downward Spiral, but bolder somehow, more menacing. It's where the themes of the middle of the album begin to be introduced.

"Dried Up, Tied, And Dead To The World" wins.

"Fundamentally Loathsome" vs. "Just A Car Crash Away"
    To revenge the misdeeds of the ruling class, there existed in the middle ages, in Germany, a secret tribunal, called the “Vehmgericht.” If a red cross was seen marked on a house, people knew that its owner was doomed by the “Vehm.”

All the houses of Europe are now marked with the mysterious red cross.

I try to choose songs that are similar, and are hard to choose. I think Kinderfeld is a really powerful song, and is much better than the demo.

Fundamentally Loathsome is a fantastic song, that really pulls everything in for a close on MA. The bluesy, soft tone of it is amazing. The bassline is what carries the song, and the honky tonk keyboard is so pop and works perfectly. Manson's vocals are beautiful, and carry the emotion of the song's lyrics perfectly, and compliments them. The guitar solo starts out slow, and soft-blues rock, and turns total Rock N Roll at the climax, and takes the song to a whole different direction and kevel. The outro is so powerful, and leaves you never wanting it to end, and displays what Omega has felt, and sharing similar metaphors/ lyrics with The Speed Of Pain, another favorite.

Just A Car Crash Away is a dramatic work of art that paints the macabre/ morrbid polaroid photograph of a devastating, yet disturbingly romantic scene of a car crash. Manson croaks the lyrics in pain, and carries that emotion through a fantastic vocal performance. The song is a epic, and the guitar solo is what makes you burst out in tears. It's extremely powerful, and is a outstanding track on the album.

Fundamentally Loathsome wins for me.

15 Vs. Odds Of Even.
    Memento Mori
    619208 919 4514
    -The Divine Trickster-