Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Song VS Song

Nemo, you're doing it wrong. Your winner song has to be the one you start with VS. so you can see how long the winner stays in the first place.

15 VS The Gardener

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

15 kills it easily. That atonal whisper-singing he's done since My Monkey is perhaps one of his more undervalued signature sounds. It crept in at times during things like Slutgarden and parts of EAT ME, DRINK ME, but had been largely absent since Antichrist Superstar.
    When I first read tracklisting for The High End Of Low it wasn't clear whether having a song called 15 was too Meta, even for Manson, but waiting right until the end of the record it made perfect sense. I'd love something like a filmed, acoustic live rendition of it with Twiggy or a band, in 2019. I don't dislike The Gardener at all, but it's not in the same league.

15 vs. Track 15 [Mechanical Animals]
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

Track 15. I like the lyrics much better and the overall atmosphere is a perfect way to sum up Mechanical Animals - it's cold, synthetic and apocalyptic.

Tack 15 (MA) vs Track 99 (AS)

digging too deep TheDrugsLikeMe's Avatar

Track 15 (MA) for me, it fits into the album very well like TMC said. I actually use it at as intro to the album, so you got that really atmospheric creepy start then the opening notes of Great Big White World ring out and it sounds so good to me.

Coma White vs Coma Black

Quote Originally Posted by TheDrugsLikeMe View Post
    Track 15 (MA) for me, it fits into the album very well like TMC said. I actually use it at as intro to the album, so you got that really atmospheric creepy start then the opening notes of Great Big White World ring out and it sounds so good to me.

Coma White vs Coma Black
    If I understand the rules correctly, you have to take the "winner", which in this case is Track 15 and then put it up against another track.

Quote Originally Posted by TMC View Post
    If I understand the rules correctly, you have to take the "winner", which in this case is Track 15 and then put it up against another track.
    That's correct!

Track 15/MA

Track 15/MA VS Running to the Edge of the World

Hi, friend BreakingYourMomsOldMound's Avatar

Track 15/MA

Track 15/MA VS Track 99/ACSS

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Track 15 still wins out, I think. It's probably been accessed a lot less on account of originally being a CDROM file, even despite the lengthy wait for the final track on Antichrist Superstar's CD disc.
    During The Triptych Manson was keen to take advantage of new technology on each record, and as such, extras and bonus material on the three albums are of their time, and simultaneously suited to their respective era. The hidden track on ...Superstar seems cancerous and unexpected, and develops slowly; Track 15 was digital and had to be inserted into a computer for listening; and Holy Wood's surrounding material was either visual (Tarot, Autopsy), or acoustic and organic, like The Nobodies bonus track or covers of John Lennon and The Doors.

I think Track 15 also manages the strange feat of encapsulating the entire mood and theme of Mechanical Animals, whilst also sounding nothing like the rest of the album.
    ...Superstar's untitled track is suitably miserable, and in the years before everything was available to discuss in places like this online, smaller groups of fans would sit together for hours trying to decipher its sounds and messages.

Both bold and clever experiments on Manson's behalf, and perfect contributions to the myth of each record. Still though, Track 15 has it.

Here's a potential game-changer (for me at least):-

Track 15 vs. Diamonds & Pollen
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

Heaven's Reflection Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    Nemo, you're doing it wrong. Your winner song has to be the one you start with VS. so you can see how long the winner stays in the first place.

15 VS The Gardener
    You should explain why it wins.
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    Men Without Shoulders
    Apple's Fall Far From The Tree.
    The Shadow of a Cross, burning into the ground.
    Days are getting
    Darker.

"Diamonds & Pollen" over "Track 15" without a doubt. I'm not entirely sure where "Diamonds & Pollen" fits in the storyline of the Triptych - it sounds almost like it follows after all of the albums, as the character reflects back - but it summarizes the themes of those albums and that era so concisely that there's really no comparison. A shame we never got it live.

"Diamonds & Pollen" vs. "Baboon Rape Party"
    Last edited by The Overman; 07-03-2016 at 04:50 PM.