Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Song VS Song

Quote Originally Posted by S.D. View Post
    I was really hoping someone would pick Devour to change things up a bit, but having two tracks from the same album is a good shout. Okay, I adore EAT ME, DRINK ME, but I'm going to see where this goes...

EAT ME, DRINK ME vs. Odds Of Even
    Now that is difficult. Both are some of my favorite tracks, and some of my favorite album closers. I don't think I can really choose between them. However, as I usually listen to the instrumental of EMDM, I find it to be really hypnotic. So....

EAT ME, DRINK ME vs. 15

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Nemoris Inferioris View Post
    Now that is difficult. Both are some of my favorite tracks, and some of my favorite album closers. I don't think I can really choose between them. However, as I usually listen to the instrumental of EMDM, I find it to be really hypnotic. So....

EAT ME, DRINK ME vs. 15
    Hmm, this is even more of a struggle! I am putting both on back-to-back now to formulate an answer...

---------------

Okay, I'm going for 15. I love it when Manson self-mythologises, and The High End Of Low was a master-study in his mad, restless psyche. EAT ME, DRINK ME (song) feels like it has more in common with ...Low, but as a closer to the tense, frenetic journey throughout the entire album, 15 is brutal. The closing lyrics are pure, creeping malice.

Okay, so...

15 vs. Children Of Cain

DON'T LET THEM KNOW HOW FAR YOU GO...

Hmm, this is even more of a struggle! I am putting both on back-to-back now to formulate an answer...

---------------

Okay, I'm going for 15. I love it when Manson self-mythologises, and The High End Of Low was a master-study in his mad, restless psyche. EAT ME, DRINK ME (song) feels like it has more in common with ...Low, but as a closer to the tense, frenetic journey throughout the entire album, 15 is brutal. The closing lyrics are pure, creeping malice.

Okay, so...

15 vs. Children Of Cain
    I couldn't agree more.

And I'd go with 15 also. Although the lyrics and overall atmosphere to Children Of Cain are something else, something totally unique compared to really anything on THEOL, 15 is the ultimate chapter closer for me. It's really hard to listen to without investing some sort of emotion into it. It has that sound of breaking down after being broken over and over again, and shouting the words of your suicide note as a final farewell. It's a tough track to listen to.

15 vs. Count To Six And Die

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Count To Six And Die
    Lovely thoughts, thanks for sharing.

Okay, it's Count To Six And Die, because fucking hell. It might be one of Manson's most underrated songs; seeming so typically 'Manson', but when you take it apart, the lyrics and composition are naked and horrific:-

"death has crawled in her earLike elevator music
    Of songs she shouldn't hear"

Jesus, whatever was going through his brain when he and the band hid themselves away for that record, they tapped into The Human Condition.
    Even so, I'll try and find a contender...

Count To Six And Die vs. Suicide Is Painless

Count To Six And Die for sure. I relistened to it again and it is definitely an underrated track, let alone an album closer. The lyrics are some of my favorite lyrics on any MM album, and the atmosphere of it is superb. I LOVE the how the track finished with a rifle shooting empty chambers with the sound of victory (fireworks) in the background, never to hear the final shot; kind of an ambiguous ending.

Count To Six And Die vs. Man That You Fear

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Count To Six And Die vs. Man That You Fear
    Jeez, Count To Six... is bossing the thread at the moment. Man That You Fear is a solid, bleak Manson song, but ...Six still wins.

Okay, let's see how this goes:-

Count To Six And Die vs. The Speed Of Pain

Jeez, Count To Six... is bossing the thread at the moment. Man That You Fear is a solid, bleak Manson song, but ...Six still wins.

Okay, let's see how this goes:-

Count To Six And Die vs. The Speed Of Pain
    Well fuck. The only reason I'd pick The Speed Of Pain over ...Six is because.... it's my favorite Manson song ever. So I may be a bit biased... lol

The Speed Of Pain vs. In The Shadow Of The Valley Of Death

That might be the single hardest choice to decide, I love both of these songs so much! It's gonna have to be 'Speed Of Pain' though just because it really hits me hard still to this day. I don't think I'll be able to personally find a song I like more than Speed but 'Into the Fire' is quite amazing, the alternate version in particular gives me legit goosebumps.

The Speed of Pain vs. Into The Fire (Acoustic)
    A system organized around the weakest qualities of individuals will produce these same qualities in its leaders.

I tend to prefer the acoustic versions of the THEOL tracks, but the original version of Into The Fire is in my top 10 favorite Manson tracks (that guitar solo!). However, this will go on forever as Speed Of Pain is forever my favorite of all time.

The Speed Of Pain vs. Fundamentally Loathsome

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

I tend to prefer the acoustic versions of the THEOL tracks, but the original version of Into The Fire is in my top 10 favorite Manson tracks (that guitar solo!). However, this will go on forever as Speed Of Pain is forever my favorite of all time.

The Speed Of Pain vs. Fundamentally Loathsome
    The Speed Of Pain without question, it's damn fucking hard to find anything that tops it. I'll give it a go though...

The Speed Of Pain vs. Count To Six And Die

(I realise we may be repeating ourselves somewhat here, but I don't want to check back all the pages)

Also, please everyone start this shit up, it'll be fun: VVV