Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Song VS Song

No Reflection. It was nominated for a Grammy, should I say more?!

No Reflection VS IWTKYLTDITM

Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

Hard choice. No Reflection is a great raw rock track, and the beat to it is great, very pop rock. IWTKYLTDITM is a epic, and I love the groove to it, and the lyrics are clever.

I Want To Kill You Like They Do In The Movies VS. I Have To Look Up Just To See Hell
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    Men Without Shoulders
    Apple's Fall Far From The Tree.
    The Shadow of a Cross, burning into the ground.
    Days are getting
    Darker.

3. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

"I Have To Look Up Just To See Hell". "I Want To Kill You..." is very repetitive; I've never really gotten the fan adulation for it. IHTLUJTSH is one of the best tracks on THEOL; it could have been recorded in 1996 and put on ACSS just prior to "The Reflecting God" and nobody would know the difference.

Speaking of ACSS -

"I Have To Look Up Just To See Hell" vs. "The Minute Of Decay"

Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

I Have To Look Up Just To See Hell. Minute Of Decay is one of the darkest songs Manson has created, and it carries the same emotion of all lost of hope, just as Manson felt while recording it. Hell, he was crying during it. But IHTLUJTSH s great, I consider it the title track to THEOL, and I love the way he exits the sing, him screaming into a abyss.

I Have To Look Up Just To See Hell VS. They Said That Hell's Not Hot
    Memento Mori
    619208 919 4514
    Men Without Shoulders
    Days are getting
    Darker.

6. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

I Have To Look..., unquestionably. I've mentioned countless times that I believe it to be one of Manson's most prominent brooding, miserable epics of recent years, and a thematic musical peak on The High End Of Low. The imagery it evokes lyrically is both visceral and unnerving, with Twiggy's sensual and grinding guitar work thumping towards a suitably hopeless conclusion. It's one of those songs from the second decade of Manson's career that definitely tops some of the material from The Triptych, or at least proved that he and Twiggy didn't have to be in the midst of that trilogy to create dramatic and moving pieces of music.
    They Said That Hell's Not Hot is nice to listen to within the context of EAT ME, DRINK ME, but even so it's a deliberately basic love-lost ditty, rather than complex and malevolent.

You know, I can't even really think of many songs I'd want to pit ...Look against, so I'll follow suit and do word association:-

I Have To Look Up Just To See Hell vs. Birds Of Hell Awaiting
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

digging too deep TheDrugsLikeMe's Avatar

I Have To Look Up Just To See Hell.

I couldn't get into Birds of Hell Awaiting, it's probably my least favourite song on TPE. I can't really explain why I like IHTLUJTSH so much, everyone else has done a better job of explaining why its so good.

I Have To Look Up Just To See Hell vs Eat Me, Drink Me

I didn't think I could answer this one, but I just listened to both of them, and I'd have to go with.... I have to look up...
    The guitars replicate a sound of the apocalypse, much like Arma...Geddon. The lyrics are very descriptive, and are full of tasteless misery, unhopefulness, and, well... Being at The High End Of Low. I like the Alternative version only because of one thing, how he repeats those words over and over towards the end, but I don't like it more than the original.
    Eat Me, Drink Me, as I said before, is such a great track. Hypnotic, psychedelic guitarwork, and lyrics that can't fall on one subject, which is quite interesting.

I Have To Look Up Just To See Hell VS. In The Shadow Of The Valley Of Death
    Memento Mori
    619208 919 4514
    Men Without Shoulders
    Days are getting
    Darker.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemoris Inferioris View Post
    I Have To Look Up Just To See Hell VS. In The Shadow Of The Valley Of Death
    I Have To Look Up Just To See Hell is probably my favorite (or at least one of my three favorites) song on THEOL, yet I have to go with In The Shadow Of The Valley Of Death. As I wrote before, it sums up Holy Wood better than any other song and is among my favorites in Manson's discography.

In The Shadow Of The Valley Of Death vs. 1996

Visit cataract777's Youtube Channel

In the Shadow of the Valley of Death definately. One of Manson's saddest songs and fantastic live. A definite favorite.

In the Shadow of the Valley of Death vs. Lamb of God

12. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

"In The Shadow Of The Valley Of Death", no doubt. "Lamb Of God" is wonderfully melancholic, but Holy Wood's title track is majestic. It's like the soundtrack to the thoughts of Milton's Lucifer.

"In The Shadow Of The Valley Of Death" vs. "Spade"