Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 U.S. Presidential Election Discussion

As a Canadian, I do not envy your choices. Democrats are as corrupt as anything and apparently, blatantly, above the law. Republicans are so far fucking right they're falling off their flat earth. Though Trump is interesting because he's saying whatever it takes to get the votes (as all politicians do) Clinton can't. In my view, it wouldn't matter what Republican was leading the party, Clinton and the Democrats have bought this election years ago.

As Terrapin said, vote for a third party ... if you want any hope of actual change in the future.

As I said in the chatbox, I am considering voting 3rd party just to see if that will help make a difference. The two party system sucks. I do wonder if we'll actually see an increase in the percentages of 3rd parties this year due to how despised both candidates are.

Bear in mind, Bill Clinton won the 1992 election with only 43% of the vote. Trump can very well pull this off....

Quote Originally Posted by Dipp Six View Post
    Trump can very well pull this off....

Quote Originally Posted by BreakingYourMomsOldMound View Post
    Let's have a celebrity death match to determine the election. Winner gets to be president.

Donald's tiny hands reduce his striking ability, but the gerbil abortion on his head gives him strength.

Hillary Clinton is well-known for her monstrously thick 39" penis, which she once used to fuck her entire party over. If she manages to get it fully erect, she'll club Trump to death like a baby seal that's been raped by the Cheetos cheetah.

However, if The Donald manages to trap her in a reality show, he can drop a failing ca
    Lmfao! Oddly enough, I can imagine watching that. "Gerbil Abortion" was great

Quote Originally Posted by Dipp Six View Post
    As I said in the chatbox, I am considering voting 3rd party just to see if that will help make a difference. The two party system sucks. I do wonder if we'll actually see an increase in the percentages of 3rd parties this year due to how despised both candidates are.

Bear in mind, Bill Clinton won the 1992 election with only 43% of the vote. Trump can very well pull this off....
    So, you want to vote this third party, someone who is just an idiot who is only in the race because he is a third party. Let's say... Jeb Bush was a third party, and you hate both Hillary and Trump, sooooo you're gonna vote Jeb Bush? A idiot?

Quote Originally Posted by Nemoris Inferioris View Post
    So, you want to vote this third party, someone who is just an idiot who is only in the race because he is a third party. Let's say... Jeb Bush was a third party, and you hate both Hillary and Trump, sooooo you're gonna vote Jeb Bush? A idiot?
    Well, man, I can't say I think Hillary or Trump is any better.

speed bump mannequin Golden Eel's Avatar

A third party vote is a vote for Trump. That's the entire reason Sanders didn't run as third party and endorsed Clinton. It wasn't because he wanted to, it was because running as a third party would siphon votes away from HRC and ensure Trump the Presidency.

and with just one faint glance back into the sea
    the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye

Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST

Look up Vote Splitting. Look up Ralph Nader. Look up Bush v Gore. I firmly believe in the choice of a 3rd party, I was watching the candidates very early on when I was on the fence of voting for HRC if Sanders didn't get the nom (which I knew deep down he wouldn't, but wanted to caucus for him anyways for the slim chance). The issue I have with the 3rd party is they didn't have a strong candidate nor a real ground effort. It felt like they just sat on the sidelines until it became clear who the nominees would be. Sanders is still in my mind the right kind of person we need, and while I am not a fan of Clinton, I'm very happy to see the Democratic party as a whole (not just Hillary) really taking on the challenge of moving even further left to many of the things Sanders has campaigned on. All the Sanders people who are about the political revolution should see that the Dems need to take control at every level to stop this fucking mad house. And a democratic vote in Nov is pretty much a vote for the Sanders ideals. You aren't voting in one person for office. You are voting in a party, and if you haven't read the Democratic platform they just finalized (still need to ratify). To me it's beyond clear that is the direction this country needs on all the issues.

Bernie's biggest win so far is the shaping of the democratic platform. Even if he didn't get the nominee, his team got real shit on the platform to make it the most progressive ever. When you vote democratic, you are still voting for Sanders. You are voting to rebuke a bigot and someone who has the ability to fuck your normal life over way more than what happened in the Bush years. People need to vote and realize Bernie did not lose. He got behind the party because the party knew they had to get behind him. Not only in opposition to Trump, but they need to bring independents, minorities and the young vote tot he polls. Shrugging your shoulders and not caring is essentially saying you are willing to let Trump happen over sour grapes, and don't care what the cost will be.

Haha, you guys are fu....oh wait, I live in the UK. *jumps ship*

speed bump mannequin Golden Eel's Avatar

I had been assuming that Trump would be picking somebody for Vice President who is a little more centrist and level-headed and moderate, in an attempt to maybe corral some directionless Sanders supporters and gain more attention from centrist voters he might not otherwise have. Basically, I was imagining he would team up with somebody who balances him out. So you can imagine my shock when the announcement came that Trump had chosen Mike Pence, who in the year 2000 stated that Congress should oppose an effort to recognize homosexuals as a minority who might protected by anti-discrimination laws. A man who called for the federal government to ensure that federal funds wouldn't be given to organizations that support homosexuality, or as he states it, "organizations that celebrate and encourage the types of behaviors that facilitate the spreading of the HIV virus." A man who instead would prefer federal funds go towards conversion therapy programs. A man who stated that same-sex marriage would bring upon societal collapse. A man who said that upholding Obamacare was similar to September 11. Honestly, I've never even heard of this dude before. All of the things I listed were from his informationally sparse Wikipedia page. I really can't imagine what other hateful, batshit crazy shit he's said and done in his short 15 year political career.

I really don't know what the Trump camp is thinking with this choice. I can't possibly imagine what he has to gain from Pence. Like I said before, it would have been a very smart and well-calculated move to choose somebody who's more centrist. It may have possibly worked to win him more votes from people who wouldn't normally vote for Trump, but really don't want HRC. He already has the venomous, outrageously-far-right, fascist Tea Party vote. How could this possibly do anything other than hurt him? Can anybody explain to me what Pence could possibly bring to the table that Trump didn't already have taken care of before?

and with just one faint glance back into the sea
    the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye