Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image

Thread: Your "preaching" stories

Default Your "preaching" stories

While browisng this forums today, I suddenly remembered a friend from college, to whom I used to convert from a casual listener to a real fan. That got me thinking into making this thread: do you have any stories about friends, relatives, lovers, enemies, etcetera... that used to hate the band or the man; and because of you ended up caught in Manson's hook?

Here's mine:

That friend in college used to be reallo into classic punk, and nothing else. But he and I shared similar views and he was always interested on my obsession with Manson (We were 18 at the time, like that Alice Cooper song). One halloween he came to me and ask me to borrow my "Golden Age" cd, because he has going to a custom party disguised as a gangster, and "wanted to get to the party in the right mood."

A week later, during a lunch break, he told me liked it very much and asked me for a copy of it; then I borrowed him the "Lest we forget" cd/dvd... lo and behold, 3 months later he already had all the albums, got the autobiography online and even had a few posters on his wall. I was so proud :)

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

I once built a website with two friends to catalogue our enthusiasm for Marilyn Manson and his art. I think a few people liked it.

DON'T LET THEM KNOW HOW FAR YOU GO...

"A few"... lol, quite an understatement.

Quote Originally Posted by S.D. View Post
    I once built a website with two friends to catalogue our enthusiasm for Marilyn Manson and his art. I think a few people liked it.
    I see what you did there ;)

Strange & Unusual Sinner Halo Infinity's Avatar

Perhaps this counts, but without the other person actually being a hater to start with.

Anyway, I just gave Portrait of an American Family to The Pale Emperor, along with Smells Like Children, The Last Tour on Earth and Lest We Forget: The Best Of all on CD for somebody I knew on Christmas after her 15th birthday. With all that material to be introduced to, I hope she enjoyed it, especially starting at an age that is far from too young and very far from too old or late.

*I sometimes give presents on birthdays and Christmases, and CDs and DVDs are sometimes among my selections as far as gifts go. She's also a family friend that is close enough to be cousin status. Her brother is also among the circles I've given gifts too before. I'm also just sharing this since it's Marilyn Manson related anyway.*

I was also thinking about this type of topic as I sometimes like to promote my favorite bands whenever I have the time and means to do so. However, in most cases, I'd still rather start with everything before Eat Me, Drink Me.

Perhaps my earliest time was also getting another friend I've known into Marilyn Manson when I gave her a copy of Mechanical Animals to listen to. She was blown away and thought bad things about him and his music before, but didn't hate him or anything like that, but it sure taught her to not judge a book by its cover. Crap. I forgot that I could've made a mental note to give her Marilyn Manson albums as a present too.

Thanks for indirectly reminding me Mexicanfiend! ^_^

This makes it even all the more fun, since the majority of my family and friends are Christian conservatives, or are at least located in predominantly Christian conservative circles. It also helps that I have a new printer as well, since I can give them the Marilyn Manson CDs with Provider Module flyers this time around.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 07-27-2016 at 03:31 PM.

Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar

I used to use Marilyn Manson forums as casual hook up sites because sex is a religion to me. #Okcupidcarriesagundotcom
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

^^ Sorry to disappoint you, Shangs, but Aleister Crowley beat you to it #CrowleyDidItFirst

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Shangri-LIE View Post
    I used to use Marilyn Manson forums as casual hook up sites because sex is a religion to me.
    How many guys did you meet eventually?

DON'T LET THEM KNOW HOW FAR YOU GO...