Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526

Thread: Fourth Love

Quote Originally Posted by YoureAlreadyHere View Post
    the smell of old print
    and permanent markers
    and most flowers in bloom.
    I'm a blood hound.
    <3

Leather bindings.
    Quid ignorantia sit multi ignorant.

Strange & Unusual Sinner Halo Infinity's Avatar

Whenever surprises actually happen to work to my overall comfort, convenience, benefit, favor/personal gain and overall peace of mind in general.

(TwentyThree) Two Faced Egg (23)'s Avatar

the cathedral of erotic misery.
    "Fake realities will create fake humans. Or, fake humans will generate fake realities and sell them to other humans, turning them, eventually, into forgeries of themself" -Philip K. Dick

While I'm very much aware that reboots are sometimes technically the cringe/unpopular and abominations/lame of the TV show and music world, they cheer me up because it not only keeps the franchises alive, but also introduces them to newer generations as well as gives a chance for older fans something else to appreciate should they happen to enjoy the later iterations TV shows and movies.

A perfect example for me would be Alvin and the Chipmunks and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles as far as both movies and TV shows go, since sometimes it's only limited to just the movies. Granted, I see why fans prefer the original and generally older versions of both franchises, as do I, but I still like how the torch has been passed down. In the 2010s, I wondered if this decade's children and teenagers would have no Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and much to my surprise it came out back and they did. The same goes for Alvin and the Chipmunks as well. I was still surprised that it came back and rose from the late 2000s to the mid 2010s.

In that case, should I see both franchises not show up for a while, I might as well assume that they'll eventually come back. Granted, I still accepted as to why some or even lots of people can't stand reboots, as well as finding them a travesty, but I also can't feel but happy to know that younger generations get a chance to get their iteration, and if they don't like it too, at least they now have a reason to search for the original/older iterations.

I suppose what also fascinates me about it is not just as a result from being on a permanent nostalgia trip, but also just at the mere thought of the age demographics spanning from the original TV shows and movies to the present day or most recent versions thus far.

I could also say the same about video game franchises as well, but they're usually a given in comparison to TV shows and movies. Not all the time, but still most of the time anyway for that matter.

I actually somehow forgot to also mention Dragon Ball and Pokémon, but I'm sure you already get my drift and the overall gist of what I said here.

As for the short of it, I just enjoy knowing that at best, reboots can make new fans, while helping to keep older fans, while reminding them while they became fans in the first place.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 05-19-2019 at 07:54 PM. Reason: I forgot to mention the Dragon Ball and Pokemon franchises.

Listening to this interview Joe Rogan had with Paul Stanley. I actually prefer listening to this side of KISS after looking up Gene Simmons so many times. I also had absolutely no idea how much I'd be able to relate to Paul Stanley, especially in terms finding your self-worth and figuring out what you'd want out of life or how what really matters or what's important to you right now, just might change in the future a lot more than you'd even dare to imagine, which is still very much a part of living and learning. I've heard it before, but it's just the way he put it in his own words that really grabbed my attention and piqued my interest. Eddie Trunk interviews/shows, and Ace Frehley and Peter Criss (As I got/ought to see the whole picture anyway.) aside, it certainly helped me gain a much better perspective/dimension and appreciation for KISS that I otherwise wouldn't have considered, as opposed to just listening to Gene Simmons every single time I looked up anything KISS related.

Paul Stanley also seemed to be very down to Earth, very much in contrast with the excess, indulgent, larger than life attributes/status of KISS, which I also very much appreciated to see/hear.

As for this video, I just found it awesome to see a fan really give it his all on guitar at a Foo Fighter's concert on Monkey Wrench. I stumbled upon it because I kept searching for KISS and Nirvana as I learned that Kurt Cobain was a KISS fan (And also finding out that Nirvana also covered KISS before.), and so was Dave Grohl, and this caught my attention. Seeing KISS Guy (Yayo Sanchez) shred is like a very happy ending to a film based on rock music. It also cheers me up to see musicians being extremely cool with/to their fans doing certain things in cases where they clearly didn't have to. (I mean, it's best to be cool to your fans at all times, but knowing they didn't have to invite Yayo Sanchez up there just simply made it all the better. For whatever reason, it also comes across as very inspirational and hopeful too.

Last edited by Halo Infinity; 05-31-2019 at 07:02 PM.

I don't think I could say it enough, but I'll definitely say it one last time before the 2010s end.

YouTube, especially as somebody that went on Newgrounds and YTMND so much back in the 2000s.

I sometimes take it for granted, but when I think about how things used to be before the Internet was the way it is now, or even just imagining what life was like without it, has certainly cheered me up as it certainly helped me not be as bored without it, even in spite of how much I like to relax at home. It has been, and always will be, as long as it's exists, one of the best time killers on the Internet ever, hands down, and just perfect for when you want to stay in and not do anything, or even if you have a hard time going to sleep at night.

Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar

Whenever people can turn insanity into philanthropy. I truly admire people who, even if it alienates or even eliminates everyone who loves and cares about them, to save one person, that is the true definition of kindness and humaneness. Even if they are suffering, personally, as a result, the fact that their resilience through knowing what they're doing is selfless and what this world needs is just...remarkable.
    Last edited by Shangri-LIE; 11-12-2019 at 06:28 AM.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Shangri-LIE View Post
    Whenever people can turn insanity into philanthropy. I truly admire people who, even if it alienates or even eliminates everyone who loves and cares about them, to save one person, that is the true definition of kindness and humaneness. Even if they are suffering, personally, as a result, the fact that their resilience through knowing what they're doing is selfless and what this world needs is just...remarkable.
    Have you considered not being a fanny?

DON'T LET THEM KNOW HOW FAR YOU GO...

games people play