Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Favourite vocal moments?

Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

I love Devour, and I love his vocals for it.

I melt when I hear him Scream the lyrics to Warship My Wreck everytime. Particularly when he screams "Warship My Wreck" In the background towards the end.
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    Men Without Shoulders
    Apple's Fall Far From The Tree.
    The Shadow of a Cross, burning into the ground.
    Days are getting
    Darker.

2. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

From TPE

Killing Strangers - the drawn out Luuuuuvvvvve, I so absolutely adore that portion. If I knew how to swoon I would!
    Fall of the House of Death - absolute joygassm.

Actually a lot of that album is delicious vocally imo.
    "And We Will Sleep on the Skin of Its Nightmares..."

4. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

"Fall of the House of Death" with the last "no one is exempt from the Odds of Even". TPE's entire vocal delivery is just so, so good. I love the slurring and general sound of his voice on there. Tyler nudged Manson into having less vocal effects too, so that's a plus. Plus Tyler made him re-take takes. Another plus!

The humming in "Third Day of a Seven Day Binge", absolutely loved that. I think I listened to Binge, no joke, about 500 times the week it was released.

"I see my horror mirrored in your sundown of a blank stare" from EAT ME, DRINK ME has always sounded really haunting to me. Well, that whole song is, but that one part solidified it as one of my favorite Manson songs.

"Devour" as a whole, along with the ending to "Wight Spider". Sounds really animalistic, which is what I presume he was going for.

And most recently "Cash is a poor man's money" gave me chills. Still does, but I try to not listen to the snippet too much.

6. Like 4 Member(s) liked this post
    Follow Idunno On Twitter

I've always liked the bridge of Sweet Dreams. I just love how haunting his vocals sound, but the entire song probably has my favorite vocals ever.
    "We were too dumb to run, too dead to die."

8. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Visit cataract777's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Enname View Post
    Born Again - 'I'll put down you disco, and take your heart away, I was born again' - the last repeat of this, right at the end of each phrase instead of letting lightening off, he pushes it down and squeezes each against the palette and holds. Lovely.
    Such a good idea for a thread!
    I LOVE this one as well, it's my favorite part of Born Again.

Mine, in no particular order.

1. The humming in Third Day of A Seven Day Binge, as someone else mentioned above as well, is what makes the song so great. Whoever thought a humm (or groan mostly) would be so catchy. Another favorite moment of this song for me is when he sings "...and I can already see your name disintegrating from my lips" after the second verse, emphasis on the world "already". I love the way he sings that.

2.The way he screams "This isn't music" in Vaudevil. I think his best screaming vocals are in the chorus of this particular song. This song has been on repeat for me lately, especially during workouts.

3. When he sings the chorus to Spade. He sounds like he could be The Joker in this track. So creepy. I also love the way he sings "You drained my heart, and made a spade" at the 3:11 mark. So badass.

4. When he screams "We eat our young" at the end of We're From America.

5. The entire chorus to They said That Hell's Not Hot. Such a sad song.

6. When he yells the final chorus to Dried Up, Tied, and Dead to the World.

7. When he yells "I'm gonna use you and abuse you, I'm gonna know what's inside you" for the final time in Sweet Dreams.

8. When he screams "Everyone will suffer NOW" for the final time in Little Horn.

9. The chorus to Overneath (The Path of Misery). Love his screams during that song. I also love the way he says "No Macbeth confessed Oedipus no longer present-tense."

10. The way he screams "Do you love your guns?" in The Love Song.

11. When he sings " They'll never be good to you, bad to you. They'll never be anything, anything at all" in Mechanical Animals.

10. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

Manson did only one take for TPE. Js

I was amazed that Manson used a Hum for a chorus in Third Day... Totally unexpected that at first listen.
    I love the chorus to Mechanical Animals
    I love the bridge to Leave A Scar... So much.
    Love the part when he sings "I'd die for your Sins, if you don't kill me while I'm trying BABY!" In Pretty as a $.

Love his deep outros, like on 15, Odds Of Even...
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    Men Without Shoulders
    Apple's Fall Far From The Tree.
    The Shadow of a Cross, burning into the ground.
    Days are getting
    Darker.

12. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Nemoris Inferioris View Post
    I was amazed that Manson used a Hum for a chorus in Third Day... Totally unexpected that at first listen.
    I think the closest thing he'd done prior was A Rose And A Baby Ruth.
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

14. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Can we talk about the lyrics everyone seems to be quoting for "Devour" lately?

I'll admit, the lyric sheets don't always match the vocals and Manson's delivery plus the benefit of context clues both indicate that "if you won't make me stop" MIGHT actually be "starve." Fair enough.

But, the album's general film references notwithstanding, the lyric is clearly "this is loaded, if I open them" (referring to the eyes he just closed and will see "you" with in the next line, rather than "this is loaded with an open film," lol.

That's just a bridge too far, sorry!

Speaking of which, who the fuck hates "Devour" and WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU, FFS??? Other than that, I mean.

Anyway, since I'm here, I've been sifting through and uploading my old footage lately and slowly uploading it and right now my favorite vocal delivery from Manson for the last few days is the first "sketch a little keyhole" part as heard below. OMFG IT'S GLORIOUS.

16. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

My favorite is from Into the Fire - "it's better to push something when it's slipping than to risk being dragged down"

Valentines Day - "flies are waiting"

Target Audience - the Na na na na's. . So much power in just the way he sings it. Also, "you're just a copy of an imitation."

Odds of Even as mentioned before

18. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

Speaking of "Devour", this is a really good performance :p

20. Like 4 Member(s) liked this post