Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Favourite vocal moments?

Quote Originally Posted by Dipp Six View Post
    This. His tone is so much more rich, and the vibrato is so much better too. Surely someone (probably Tyler) taught him a trick or two. Comparing something terrible like "The Flowers of Evil" to something beautiful like "Odds of Even" is like comparing night and day. I love, love how he sounds on TPE. Like the finest wine, if you will.

Hardly fair comparing the two as they are very different songs to start with. He has always had that vibrato (see your own link to Golden Age of the Grotesque- but 'metal' singing does not encourage it, or even allow it. The Pale Emperor is bluesy and more spacious and he is less drowned letting him be heard properly. And while Flowers of Evil is not his best performance, I rather like the high vocal going on behind that is creating an echo. And if he sang more loosely here he would sound almost exactly like Andrew Eldritch, which would make the song less homage and more copy. :P

I dare say he has plenty of tricks already, but was just relaxed. It sounds relaxed. Tyler said he just changed the key and was encouraging.
    Quid ignorantia sit multi ignorant.

Follow Idunno On Twitter

"I woke up today and wished for tomorrow, I don't want to be like anyone else. I woke up today and wished for tomorrow, I don't want to even be myself." I love that song.
    "We were too dumb to run, too dead to die."

3. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Follow Iulian On Twitter Add Iulian on Facebook Follow Iulian on Tumblr Visit Iulian's Instagram Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Dipp Six View Post
    Nah, the guitar solo is as simplistic as it gets and is something a beginner could do, so I don't feel like you're missing anything. The screaming of "Into the Fire" really sets the tone of the song and makes the alternate version so good imo.
    Simple doesn´t always mean bad. Agree it´s not the greatest solo out there, but still that high pitch voice over a solo guitar just ruines it for me.
    What?

The Valentine's Day 1997 recording of Mister Superstar was one of the best in my opinion. The audio isn't the highest quality, but it honestly feels like a journey into hell as everything gets rougher, darker and screamier, and then the "I wish that I was dead" comes in and it just sounds so real. They way he sobs it right before he begins to scream it gives me goosebumps.

Also, this came on via autoplay after that and shit it's good.

6. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by HG131 View Post
    The Valentine's Day 1997 recording of Mister Superstar was one of the best in my opinion. The audio isn't the highest quality, but it honestly feels like a journey into hell as everything gets rougher, darker and screamier, and then the "I wish that I was dead" comes in and it just sounds so real. They way he sobs it right before he begins to scream it gives me goosebumps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaQxARF7KEg

One of my all time favourite things. It is listening to a perfectly normal voice trying to reach the depths of hell (not using his diaphragm to sing with but rather the force of exhalation to make the roughness), finally breaking down and succeeding. It sounds real (and may have been), but the pitching of intensity between the two rounds of screaming and the escalation is just superb. All of that against a drawn out, loose, lounge sprawl of the double characters of Mister Superstar, leading to the chaos of second half of Antichrist Superstar.
    Quid ignorantia sit multi ignorant.

8. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by HG131 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaQxARF7KEg

Also, this came on via autoplay after that and shit it's good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K59ycP4ZNe4
    Man !! when he screams at the end "she's a burning string " chills all over ,fuck i love this man
    Sorry for my poor english ,i'm a french Canadian from Montréal

10. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    The Darkest Motherf*cker Desintegrator's Avatar

I like his voice the most when he starts fckng with the last words of a couplet in a live song that often ends into the chorus (or random sentences screamed in the middle of a couplet, even better xD). He screams those sentences instead of singing, it gives energy at that moment. It's like his always present trademark, he does it since 1995 or so and it just never gets old, it has some kind of humor attached, it's like i see him smile when he's doing it!

Aside from that i liked his voice the most pure raw when he did Angel With The Scabbed Wings and 1996, and his overall voice during the Mechanical Animals tour. Since 2014 his vocals sound a lot better, even better than 2004, but not 2003 and before. I very much respect him for that, given that kind of voice abuse takes his toll at a given point. He's also not 30 anymore, so again, respect for his vocal progression!
    She's got her eyes open wide
    she's got the dirt and spit of the world
    her mouth on the metal
    the lips of a scared little girl

12. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Desintegrator View Post
    I like his voice the most when he starts fckng with the last words of a couplet in a live song that often ends into the chorus (or random sentences screamed in the middle of a couplet, even better xD). He screams those sentences instead of singing, it gives energy at that moment. It's like his always present trademark, he does it since 1995 or so and it just never gets old, it has some kind of humor attached, it's like i see him smile when he's doing it!

Aside from that i liked his voice the most pure raw when he did Angel With The Scabbed Wings and 1996, and his overall voice during the Mechanical Animals tour. Since 2014 his vocals sound a lot better, even better than 2004, but not 2003 and before. I very much respect him for that, given that kind of voice abuse takes his toll at a given point. He's also not 30 anymore, so again, respect for his vocal progression!
    AWTSW when he was using it as an opener in the last few years was fucking intense.

14. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post