Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'Odds Of Even'

No one can beat the odds of (Death). The odds of Death are a Certainty, no matter your virtues; no matter your flaws; no matter your actions; no matter your regrets; no matter Even, No Matter the What Ifs, No Matter the Uncertainties; Death Is. Death is Unfair, Death is Fair, Death is Odd, Death is Even. Death Is Coming.

No matter means no mind to. No mind to means Regardless. synonyms:
    " anyway, anyhow, in any case, nevertheless, nonetheless, despite everything, in spite of everything, even so, all the same, in any event, come what may;"

Even after all your tribulations / struggles here in this body; even after all your saintly actions, Even after- You Will Die. I will Die. Death waits for No One
    No One- Anyone, Everyone, All but none.

The only thing Immortal is the consciousness Life still gives the dead, whether it be recognition & praise, or tabloids on grit & grime that the masses ever so whole heartedly devour.
    --------------------------------

Don't tell me what to do.

2. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Ok, thank you. It was difficult but I think I understand it. The sentence "odds of even" is a short way to say: no matter what you do, you will die even if you do everything to avoid it. And there's something similar in spanish with the synonymous of "even" as "equal", in english it would be something like: "Whatever you do, you will end equal" (equal=even, I think) Equal reffers to death in this case in spanish, equal=in the same way as the others.

4. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    (TwentyThree) Two Faced Egg (23)'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moderno View Post
    Ok, thank you. It was difficult but I think I understand it. The sentence "odds of even" is a short way to say: no matter what you do, you will die even if you do everything to avoid it. And there's something similar in spanish with the synonymous of "even" as "equal", in english it would be something like: "Whatever you do, you will end equal" (equal=even, I think) Equal reffers to death in this case in spanish, equal=in the same way as the others.
    Wherever You go , there You are ; )
    . . the fear takes hold

(TwentyThree) Two Faced Egg (23)'s Avatar

All that exists deserves to perish - Mephistopheles
    . . the fear takes hold

7. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

I know this may come across as too personal or crossing a "forbidden" boundary. However, he's made his albums more personal and literal so it should be interpreted as such. A lot of his songs are about a loss of identity, a fear of dementia which he may or may not have the genetic markers for, as well as him dealing with an undiagnosed mental illness that he may or may not have. I also believe that he is a high functioning aspergers adult given his restricted and repetitive cycles of behavior as well as interests that he used to speak at great length about, peculiar facial expressions while conversing, deadpan sarcasm, aut/artistic abstract concepts for semi-competent people with a loose grasp on discordianism and the occult. Odds of Even simply sums all of that up. And if he is mentally ill or has lost his sense of identity, it's Munhausen Syndrome by Fans and Friends Proxy.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

You are right, some personal context should be incorporated. There is at least a layer of literal and personal to any of his songs - old and new. Even when denied, or when I dislike the options. It would be impossible for it to be otherwise - and rather disappointing actually. The last thing I want is that false distance. I just am uncomfortable trying to pin only one specific interpretation on something from a life of someone I don't know personally. It makes me uneasy precisely because I hate it when done to me -I can at least argue that I am vaguely familiar with myself and so can tell the difference. Any of those options about the personal (and you have good insight) add a specific urgency and bleak tone to the song (in particular the bit with the reflection), which resonates. But part of its strength (and I know he has said this before) is the ability to speak to 'every personal' and repurposing for those contexts. How I connect sits nicely alongside his personal, with mine (which is for me) and my more abstract musings. And I enjoy that final weaving in all its patterns.
    Quid ignorantia sit multi ignorant.