Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 20th Anniversary ACSS Release

Visit cataract777's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Nemoris Inferioris View Post
    ^ The Last Tour On Earth version is way better. I really am looking forward to this Box Set. I'm sure it will be releasd, he already had a solid date, right on the top of his head, so it sounds like it will happen. I guarantee it's Groupie, the way he described it and saying how his managers said he should lock it away, makes me think it is Groupie. Also, hope he DOES open the vault and release some never released stuff.
    I agree, the Last Tour On Earth version of Antichrist Superstar sounds much better. Also love it when, in the beginning, he screams "You can't kill me motherfucker!".

Quote Originally Posted by jackal View Post
    Sounds unlikely. Interscope Records (Universal Music) owns this recording. They're the company who would be funding and re-releasing the 20th Anniversary Edition. They would have a pre-order or at minimum a press release out for it by now. At 3.5 weeks out physical records stores would be placing their orders for this product and it'd be in manufacture; information would be out about this release if that were the case.
    Very true. This may just be another one of those unreleased Manson projects.

Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST
    Follow Cringeon On Twitter Add Cringeon on Facebook Visit Cringeon's Instagram Channel

I don't recall the interview, but I believe Manson talked in recent years that after getting out of his contract he was able to buy back the rights (or something to that effect) to his albums. So, there could be new flexibility on what they can do with an anniversary release.

3. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

Getting super pumped for the new record and this reissue. Definitely buying both.
    A system organized around the weakest qualities of individuals will produce these same qualities in its leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemoris Inferioris View Post
    ^ The Last Tour On Earth version is way better.
    Disagree exponentially. That version is perfect, it's how I wish the album version sounded. Controlled screaming, more raw vocals, great rasp, I just love it.

I do enjoy the Last Tour version, though.

I have no idea why the hell he just doesn't open up the vault and give us all the unreleased music over the years. I want to hear the supposed tracks recorded in 2005 pre-EMDM so badly.

I want to hear that song he did with Shirley Manson.
    A system organized around the weakest qualities of individuals will produce these same qualities in its leaders.

7. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Cringeon View Post
    I don't recall the interview, but I believe Manson talked in recent years that after getting out of his contract he was able to buy back the rights (or something to that effect) to his albums. So, there could be new flexibility on what they can do with an anniversary release.
    I don't know about that. If that was the case then he'd have taken down the NOTHING & Interscope releases on digital services like iTunes and re-released under the new copyright owner's name or via a third party distributor. That's not happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipp Six View Post
    Disagree exponentially. That version is perfect, it's how I wish the album version sounded. Controlled screaming, more raw vocals, great rasp, I just love it.

I do enjoy the Last Tour version, though.

I have no idea why the hell he just doesn't open up the vault and give us all the unreleased music over the years. I want to hear the supposed tracks recorded in 2005 pre-EMDM so badly.
    The thing is that opening up the vault, for any artist, demands a lot of money and lots of trouble. Specially because many artists do not own their own material.

in the case of Manson, I do remember him saying that he could've buy his work back from Interscope but I don't know if that happened, or what was the deal they got.

There is other, uncommon thing, that can be done. Manson's own label, cut a deal with whoever owns such material and cover all the costs of releasing the stuff and pay them a whole lotta money. Which still is a problem, as we know, record sales are not good in these modern times :/

It's a complicated thing. I hope someday we can get to see all those oddities but I see it unlikely unless something extraordinary happens

Quote Originally Posted by Alice Morthem View Post
    The thing is that opening up the vault, for any artist, demands a lot of money and lots of trouble. Specially because many artists do not own their own material.
    Yeah that's exactly the problem. Interscope would have funded the ACS recording sessions. So they own all recordings created in those sessions - released or not. Manson et al. retain their song writing copyright but that's only the sheet music.

Maybe he's trying to put pressure on Interscope to do this 20th Anniversary Edition by announcing a date like that. Because no doubt they are more busy with their current contracted artists who are making them $$$ such as DJ Snake, SchoolBoy Q, and Selena Gomez. I doubt re-issues are high on their list of priorities.

11. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

That's such a shame. Somehow i do remember him saying something about releasing a box full of unreleased songs at the same time he talked about the born villain deluxe edition. Which leads me to believe he has control over the material. I wonder btw, Remix & Repent has live versions of Antichrist Superstar and DTADTW. Does Manson have more of these pro quality recordings of more songs from the Dead to the world tour? I also have Apple of Sodom, Sweet Dreams and Beautiful People on my Dope Show single. A live album with all those songs from the tour in the same quality would blow my fucking mind.
    Edit: Even though how bad the record sales are nowadays i'm sure an album like that would sell a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by ReversedHate View Post
    That's such a shame. Somehow i do remember him saying something about releasing a box full of unreleased songs at the same time he talked about the born villain deluxe edition. Which leads me to believe he has control over the material. I wonder btw, Remix & Repent has live versions of Antichrist Superstar and DTADTW. Does Manson have more of these pro quality recordings of more songs from the Dead to the world tour? I also have Apple of Sodom, Sweet Dreams and Beautiful People on my Dope Show single. A live album with all those songs from the tour in the same quality would blow my fucking mind.
    Edit: Even though how bad the record sales are nowadays i'm sure an album like that would sell a lot.

Record sales are terrible if you compare them with what they used to be.

The thing is that, many of this stuff must be decided by the ones who "invest" because, obviously they own the money to do everything

And if they are not sure they will make a HELL LOT OF MONEY, why even risking yourself to lose some dollars?

The other thing is that Manson, let's admit it, is a child, it doesn't matter how you look at him xD

He might say a lot of things because he "wants" to do some stuff... but then comes the legal department and spanks him .

He might say" Oh, I've found this cool stuff and I wanna release it"

Then legal department says.. You don't own this stuff, shut up!

The same happens when he """announces""" special shows (like the tryptich one) if the promoters do not like the idea, they do not book the show and to hell with that. Obviously Manson loves to fuck up some rules, but he's not that extreme (or stupid) to release stuff he doesn't own legally or to change his entire show out of nowhere.

14. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post