Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 20th Anniversary ACSS Release

A Mental Revolution Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Dipp Six View Post
    Disagree exponentially. That version is perfect, it's how I wish the album version sounded. Controlled screaming, more raw vocals, great rasp, I just love it.

I do enjoy the Last Tour version, though.

I have no idea why the hell he just doesn't open up the vault and give us all the unreleased music over the years. I want to hear the supposed tracks recorded in 2005 pre-EMDM so badly.
    Eh, the DTTW version doesn't nearly have the same power TLTOE has, and the guitars sound much larger, than the DTTW version. Vocals were much cleaner, more developed too. Just my opinion.

I'm sure Manson could by the rights back, especially being as independent as he is. He seemed confident about releasing it, and certain. I believe he'll do it. Pre-Orders might start soon, if any.
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    -The Divine Trickster-
    I Was Invited To Eat The Young
    It's A Poor Sort Of Memory That Only Works Backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by mister saint laurent View Post
    this post is not accurate. depending on when the recording was made, US law stipulates that the artist can request reversion rights at 35 years or 56 years.

labels are fighting this though, claiming albums are "work for hire" and therefore the label owns the copyright in perpetuity.

i would be very very surprised if the ACS rights were reverting back to manson this year. chances are that universal will continue to own the rights for many years to come.
    This is also inaccurate. Material recorded from 1976 onwards is potentially liable to an 85-year label-ownership agreement. Material recorded from 1998 onwards is liable to a 105-year label-ownership agreement (thanks to Sonny Bono's senator wife, who presumably got a big fat paycheck from Disney for pushing that bill through). We could argue semantics about copyright law for the next year, but unless Manson explicitly divulges details about his original deal with Interscope, it's all subjective.

But Trent Reznor has talked about his recording contract with Interscope. He got a pretty decent deal, by his own accounts. His masters were up for grabs from the 15-year mark (hence why Pretty Hate Machine was reissued by Rykodisc in 2005). He even got himself a Key Man Clause: whereby once Jimmy Iovine left the label, Trent had the option of quitting the label too.

I seriously doubt Trent ever gave enough of a fuck about the band to go out of his way to make sure that Marilyn Manson weren't screwed over by Interscope, the way he was screwed over by TVT. But maybe Trent's relationship with Iovine meant that Manson was offered a deal by Interscope that he arguably would never have gotten anywhere else. I guess we'll see.

manson would not have had the leverage to negotiate regaining his masters after 20 years. there's absolutely no reason to believe he owns the rights to ACS. i'm not sure why this is even being discussed.

PHM was reissued by rykodisc because TVT defaulted on a loan and had used their catalog as collateral. trent had absolutely nothing to do with it and does not own the rights to PHM.

4. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Maybe this is what he meant by ACS release LOL ;)

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/li...tories-w443789
    Marilyn Manson's 'Antichrist Superstar': 10 Wild Stories

So much high-profile stuff is going on in relation to this album on the internet lately, that I'm genuinely starting to think that this reissue is going to happen.

7. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    A Mental Revolution Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

I believe it will. In time. We'll see, I guess. Reading that made me appreciate the work that went into making that album more.
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    -The Divine Trickster-
    I Was Invited To Eat The Young
    It's A Poor Sort Of Memory That Only Works Backwards.

Its 12 days away and still no official Word from the MM camp ,i highly doubt any "boxset" is coming ,its sucks cuz i believe ACSS is one of the greatest album of the 90

10. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Manson and Twiggy will be appearing on this radio show tomorrow at 19:00 to discuss the 20th Anniversary of Antichrist Superstar. Thanks to Wormboy96 for the link.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07y5vly

I'm hoping they play a snippet of a new song myself. They've been doing similar stuff since the Born Villain era.
    Last edited by Mok; 10-08-2016 at 05:15 PM.

12. Like 5 Member(s) liked this post
    Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

Happy Anniversary! I remember almost accidentally shoplifting this from the store because I took it outside to ask for the money to buy it and I wanted to show it to my mom. All was good though. - LOL - As soon as I got home, I put it on, but I didn't start it with Hate Anthem, I started with Angel With the Scabbed Wings and kept skipping back and forth. ....Then I felt my back start changing shape. J/K ...Maybe.... < < > >
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

14. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

http://www.providermodule.com/acss/

If anyone missed it, we put up a special web page to link to the ACSS archives.

16. Like 5 Member(s) liked this post