Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 1 of 34 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Marilyn Manson Premieres "SAY10" on Election Day

Default Marilyn Manson Premieres "SAY10" on Election Day

Watch a short clip of the video and song here..I misinterpreted some text out of excitement, dunno when the full song is coming out. Please edit the title.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...ump-video.html

“As an artist my duty is to ask the questions. The viewer must answer them.”
    That is how Marilyn Manson, ever the provocateur, describes the incredibly graphic new music video for “SAY10,” the title track off his upcoming tenth studio album due sometime this year. The video, directed and conceptualized by Tyler Shields, depicts a besuited Manson seated on his throne in a caliginous, smoky room. “Cash is the poor man’s money,” he sings, before tearing out pages of The Bible, and, in a lightning-fast montage: beheading a blond man in a dark suit and red power tie who resembles Donald Trump.
    You can watch the NSFW clip here:
    While the bloodied, small-handed corpse certainly resembles Trump, and the act of beheading perhaps a commentary of sorts on the Republican presidential candidate’s attitude towards Islamic terrorists, Manson, speaking on the eve of the election, says that the work is open to varying interpretations.
    “Either way tomorrow goes, the visuals are meant to create contemplation. Because it’s obviously bigger than just tomorrow,” he says. “It’s about the desperate acts of people who believe something that is preached by an unbeliever.”

“Right now we’re in such a state of confusion when it comes to religion, politics, sexuality, and how they all tie together, and it’s being turned into a circus and a sideshow—and that’s something that I’ve been described as a ringleader of,” Manson continues. “It seems like a time for me as an artist, and as an American artist, to make something that causes a new set of questions to arise that aren’t simply statements.”

Manson has had a famously contentious relationship with the American right—one that began when conservative outlets like Fox News irresponsibly tied him to the 1999 Columbine massacre, (falsely) alleging his music inspired the shooters, and culminating in an on-air showdown wherein the heavily makeuped shock rocker thoroughly embarrassed Bill O’Reilly. As far as his political allegiances go, Manson told me earlier this year that he will not be casting a vote in the upcoming election, refusing to choose between “cat shit and dog shit.”

“I don’t think that, as an artist, I can make as much of a difference voting as I can the commentaries I make in music on my next record, Say10,” he explained.
    Well, now that commentary is here—and it is something.

Edit: Adding a YT link because that site's player sucks.
    Last edited by Mok; 11-09-2016 at 07:39 PM.

2. Like 10 Member(s) liked this post
    Follow Iulian On Twitter Add Iulian on Facebook Follow Iulian on Tumblr Visit Iulian's Instagram Channel

It might be the first time in 10 years where the ¨coming back¨ is actually true. Very cool surprise :D
    What?

4. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Tyler/Twiggy together and you can tell. Truly the best of both worlds. Exciting times, dudes.

6. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Damn that was a good tease. More please!

8. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    I am another yourself. Dronepool's Avatar

Very cool sound, I'm digging it.

10. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Dipp Six View Post
    While the bloodied, small-handed corpse certainly resembles Trump, and the act of beheading perhaps a commentary of sorts on the Republican presidential candidate’s attitude towards Islamic terrorists, Manson, speaking on the eve of the election, says that the work is open to varying interpretations.

“Either way tomorrow goes, the visuals are meant to create contemplation. Because it’s obviously bigger than just tomorrow,” he says. “It’s about the desperate acts of people who believe something that is preached by an unbeliever.”
    Yeah, but the publicity this is going to get won't hurt either lol.

Here is... this, just in case anybody wants to use it as their desktop background.

     

and with just one faint glance back into the sea
    the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye
      
      

12. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Visit Freeston3r's Instagram Channel

This sounds so good. Hope we don't have to wait long to here the full track.

14. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

What's interesting about the beheading imagery, is that it's neither excessively voyeuristic, or suggestively ambiguous. It doesn't even necessarily matter that it could be Donald Trump, it's more about Manson presenting an image and saying "look at this".
    It's neither Horror, or Horripilation.

After The Triptych, he re-instigated a larger-than-life dialogue on The Golden Age Of Grotesque which he is still seeing through to its natural conclusion. This clip and its lyricism are absolutely furthering the "we set it on fire and we have no reason why" sentiment that has defined his work since ...Grotesque.
    What I enjoy about that, is Manson still operates on the fringe of everything we understand to be the establishment of modern entertainment, but then comes along and blows all that out the water with how he'd do it. Rather than bleating and soapboxing and social-networking his feelings about politics, or religion, or digital communication, here's a video with him cutting someone's head off. I guess if Islamic State can achieve it, why can't he? Same as Antichrist Superstar, if televangelists and Ronald Reagan manipulated people with pseudo-fascist imagery and empty statements about their nation, why shouldn't he?

Maybe the intent is, that whilst everyone fights over who their god is, there's still only one 'SATAN'.
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

16. Like 9 Member(s) liked this post
    Add Mephisto on Facebook Visit Mephisto's Instagram Channel

Ok I'm going to have a heart attack
    Chillin' Killin'

18. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

Trying to make out the lyrics, so far I think it's this:
    Devil's got a gun like a slit in a ?
    Dollar sign snakes
    Among the damned
    Godless, fearless,
    ? (all I can make out is blood and spring)

Something is shedding its scales
    Either from the heat or the light
    Or the empty shell on the stage

And cash is a poor man's money
    Cash is a poor man's money

You say "God" and I say "SAY10"
    You say "God" and I say "SAY10"
    Say, say, SAY10

Yes I studied. Goodnight.
    Last edited by Mok; 11-08-2016 at 04:15 AM.

20. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post