Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Evan Rachel Wood Discusses "Westworld" & Marilyn Manson with "Rolling Stone"

Default Evan Rachel Wood Discusses "Westworld" & Marilyn Manson with "Rolling Stone"

Excerpted from the full article [LINKED TO HERE AND WELL WORTH READING]

Some of her talent for trauma Wood came by honestly. Her dad ran a regional theater in Raleigh, North Carolina, where her mom and her three brothers frequently took to the stage. At age five, she was cast in a movie of the week, which led to an audition for[I] Interview With a Vampire. "I just remember really wanting fangs," she says. A few years later, starring with her mom in a production of [I]The Miracle Worker that was directed by her father was "the equivalent of being given a pony," but Wood's parents divorced when she was nine, giving her plenty of grief to pull from professionally ("Any divorce is always horrible"). She moved with her mom to L.A. to be home-schooled and take five acting classes a week. At 14, she booked [I]Thirteen, ushering in fame and its ways of messing with a young mind. "I was shy and insecure," she says. "Any child actor will tell you that you don't have a lot of the tools or the experience to combat a lot of the criticism or very adult situations being thrown at you."

So Wood did what made sense at the time: At 18, she went to the Chateau Marmont, met Marilyn Manson (then 36 and married to Dita Von Teese), started dating him, and subsequently appeared, Lolita-like, in a video for "Heart-Shaped Glasses," groping her nether region and then making out with Manson as fake blood rains upon them in a video so graphic that the sex was rumored to have been real (she says it wasn't). "I met somebody that promised freedom and expression and no judgments," she says. "And I was craving danger and excitement. I looked at my mother one day and said, 'Mom, I'm gonna get on this tour bus for eight months and see the world and have a crazy journey and find myself, and if people aren't OK with that, I'm sorry, but I can't live my life for other people.' "

Turns out people weren't really OK with that, mostly because of the colossal mindfuck that was just looking at Wood and Manson together. But for Wood it was a learning experience of the highest order. "Most teenagers are searching for identity, and I was thrown into a situation where I was supposed to have that already figured out," she says. "Then you're demonized for figuring it out and getting messy. People would call me a whore when I walked down the street, and you can't not be hurt by that."

What the public didn't know at the time was that Wood was attracted not just to Manson's in-your-face liberation but also to his androgyny. She has since referred to herself as gender-fluid, and in 2011 came out publicly as bisexual. In June, two days before the shooting at Pulse nightclub in Orlando, she woke up with "some weird premonitions, an aching in my heart to reach out to the LGBT community and share my story," which she did in a 19-minute video she posted online. "Nearly half of bisexual women have considered or attempted suicide, they have higher rates of mood disorders such as depression and anxiety, one in two bisexual women has experienced severe violence by an intimate partner," she said, rocking back and forth and peering at the camera. These are all things, she says, that she has experienced since she realized at age four or five she was attracted to women. Her suicide attempt at 22 "was, weirdly, the best-worst thing that ever happened to me. 'Cause it did not work." She's more circumspect about the abuse, but admits it was "physical, psychological, sexual." (She was less circumspect when she e-mailed me the day after the presidential election. "Yes," she wrote. "I've been raped. By a significant other while we were together. And on a separate occasion, by the owner of a bar . . .   I don't believe we live in a time where people can stay silent any longer. Not given the state our world is in with its blatant bigotry and sexism.")

2. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post
    Visit cataract777's Youtube Channel

I've always liked her and have no problem with her. A lot of the Manson fans, mostly the female ones, don't like her because she broke up Manson's marriage with Dita. But what people fail to realize is that Manson was the one who was married and the one who owed respect to Dita through marriage, not Evan. And Manson was the one who made a record about the affair and presented it for all to see, including Dita. Which is pretty jacked, although the record is fantastic.

Over time I've found that some female fans are, for some strange reason, obsessed with the Manson and Dita relationship and find no other woman fit for Manson except for Dita. Which I always found odd and ridiculous. A lot of these Manson fans hate Lindsay with a passion for this very reason. I could care less who Manson dates, that's his own personal decision.

4. Like 4 Member(s) liked this post
    A Mental Revolution Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

It's typically the teenage girl fans. They all love Dita, and are stuck in that time, and can't get over it. It's a obsession, worship. "Gossip, Lies, Slander" They talk soo much shit about Lindsay, calling he a whore for his fame and fortune, and such and such. It's crazy. How could you become so insane and associate yourself with someone else's life/ relationships? I liked Evan a lot too, because she was real, and eccentric, and downright beautiful. Being she was 17 when she met Manson, and stole his marriage away, it's very film-like, which he expressed on the album. Dita was dragging Manson down anyway, trying to make him something he wasn't. Like a lot of girls, she couldn't handle the Rockstar lifestyle. At least we got a great album out of it all, and another one after the break up. I don't care for who he dates, as long as she cares for him, including his fanbase (Or at least respects his fans, like Lindsay), and is Pretty, lol. I'm his wing-man, "No bro, she ugly AF" *Swipe.
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    -The Divine Trickster-
    I Was Invited To Eat The Young
    It's A Poor Sort Of Memory That Only Works Backwards.

6. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Nice article, although the reporter seemed bordered on obsessed with finding trauma origins that match her character in Westworld. Good to see they kept intact her main message about bisexuality, androgyny and discrimination. She comes across as pleasingly grounded, and I like how in recent interviews she is sounding like her search for liberation and authenticity is going well. Must get around to watching Westwood.

Quote Originally Posted by cataract777 View Post
    I... and find no other woman fit for Manson except for Dita. Which I always found odd and ridiculous.
    Odd, ridiculous, terrifying... and flying right in the face of anything Dita has said and done herself. Talk about failing to respect her decisions, let alone anyone elses. Then again my stance is generally: 'don't know 'em, don't know 'em, don't know 'em, not my place to judge.' Admittedly I am not desperately looking for some sort of fairystory with hero to pin my hopes and expectations on (which is a bigger issue than simply age. Reading anything they write is like looking into a distorted looking glass). The impossiblity of it existing in the first place is one hurdle, but if there was any chance it would not be with Manson who is very definitely not the anti-hero cut for that role. All too human.
    Quid ignorantia sit multi ignorant.

8. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

I'm not terribly interested in the tabloid gossip side of Manson's career, but I don't have much sympathy for him with regards to his love life. He's responsible not just for the dissolution of his marriage (nobody forced him to try to seduce ERW), but also for the break-up with Rose McGowan - as I understand it, he'd basically been pursuing a tryst with Dita back when he was still with Rose, through Dita's modeling site.

If I were a girl of a certain social status, I'd run far, far away if Marilyn Manson ever began pursuing me romantically.

My "favorite" of his girlfriends, to the extent I think about such things, has always been Missi. She seems like a sweet girl. And she had a homespun gothy style in the photographs I've seen of her that I really dig.

Anyway, I don't like Evan Rachel Wood, but nothing she said here seems objectionable.
    To revenge the misdeeds of the ruling class, there existed in the middle ages, in Germany, a secret tribunal, called the “Vehmgericht.” If a red cross was seen marked on a house, people knew that its owner was doomed by the “Vehm.”

All the houses of Europe are now marked with the mysterious red cross.

10. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

Evan was always incredibly friendly and fun every time we got to hang out a bit. Same goes for Stoya and Lindsay, for that matter. Plus, even after Evan was years removed from her Manson days she was still kind enough to accept my friend request on fb, despite the fact that I was obviously a Manson fan first and foremost. So I have nothing bad to say about her, I think she's great.

And the fact that she's gorgeous, awesome, and a SUPER talented actress and musician with OUTSTANDING taste certainly doesn't hurt, either!

Speaking of which, "Westworld" is consistently the best show on TV right now. Fucking HIGHLY recommended! So glad to hear it's already renewed for a second season, it's certainly earned it.

Oh, and by all accounts SHE "seduced" Manson, btw. Dita was gone too long and they hit it off in her absence. Love is messy sometimes, it happens.

Am I the only one who doesn't care about Manson's love life at all?

Just keep the good music flowing...lol

13. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post
    Add Mephisto on Facebook Visit Mephisto's Instagram Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Dipp Six View Post
    Am I the only one who doesn't care about Manson's love life at all?

Just keep the good music flowing...lol
    W O R D
    Chillin' Killin'

15. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Without snippets of his love life how would we know he shaved a swastika into Stoya's snatch.
    Shit like that I just have to know!
    "And We Will Sleep on the Skin of Its Nightmares..."

17. Like 4 Member(s) liked this post

I really used to like her but I tend to turn off when world famous artists go all activist. Some people called her a whore because she was young sexy as hell and had twice as many people to fuck. I wish I was that oppressed. She definitely understands the victims of the horrific, senseless murders in Orlando just a little more than most people, clearly.