Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: [x008]: JUL 31 2017 - Stadium Live - Moscow, Russia

Quote Originally Posted by A Gruesome Discovery View Post
    Dude sounds like he's out of breath constantly when he sings live, even in the opening song. Like he either just ran a mile, or like he's never run a mile in his life. I try not to dump on the guy, but damn, he's got to focus on his respiration and sing from the diaphragm like he does in studio. Meditation and yoga or something.
    well, he doesn't fucking stop and he screams a lot. Manson can sing really well if he stands still and focus (you can check that with the acoustic versions of Sweet Dreams and Odds of Even with Tyler) but that's not really Manson, is it? Then, we would complain that he stands still the whole concert... etc

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus13 View Post
    LIVE STREAM
    https://www.facebook.com/sergey.shab...7100912665252/

they just ruined say10
    new Manson outro song was played when they finished the set.some country song
    He didn't ruin it. he did it acapella and you can hear the lyrics that way. A rare thing to hear Manson's voice raw like that. There will be more shows for Russia I'm sure, it's just the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Marsmind View Post
    He didn't ruin it. he did it acapella and you can hear the lyrics that way. A rare thing to hear Manson's voice raw like that. There will be more shows for Russia I'm sure, it's just the beginning.
    I prefer original version instead of this. And I'm not from Russia if you think that lol

Man Who Fell From Earth A Gruesome Discovery's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    well, he doesn't fucking stop and he screams a lot. Manson can sing really well if he stands still and focus (you can check that with the acoustic versions of Sweet Dreams and Odds of Even with Tyler) but that's not really Manson, is it? Then, we would complain that he stands still the whole concert... etc
    I don't think singing and moving are mutually exclusive, as evidenced by a multitude of high-energy frontmen of all ages.

The frustrating part is that he's come so far as a studio vocalist, but it all goes out the window at showtime. His technique is just bad, and he's actually making it harder for himself. Take what Michael Beinhorn, producer of Mechanical Animals, says about his vocals:

He had a very interesting approach to doing vocals which made his performance extremely low impact, but sound like he was running his tonsils through a garbage disposal. He didn't sing very loud, but would be right up on the microphone and articulate his voice. To give his voice the kind of sound he wanted, he'd show up to the studio with a big box of Starbursts and start popping them when he began singing. It is difficult to describe what it was like recording vocals with Manson while he was jacked up on massive amounts of sugar.
    Ok, minus the Starburst bit which I only kept in because it's adorable, the important bit is that he's using a controlled, low-impact vocal, but it sounds massive. Death metal guys do this too; it sounds like screaming but it's really a loud whisper. But when Manson sings live, he goes full spaz and needlessly wears himself out. Sure, there's moments where he should let loose, parts with heightened emotion, but I just don't comprehend how he's improved so much in the studio but throws all that away on stage.

Edit: This comes off a little too harsh, in retrospect. I always enjoy the shows, I just know that he's far more capable than he lets on.
    Last edited by A Gruesome Discovery; 08-02-2017 at 06:03 AM.
    This space intentionally left blank.

It always surprises me how bad he can sound in videos while it sounded good in the venue

Quote Originally Posted by Para-Noir View Post
    It always surprises me how bad he can sound in videos while it sounded good in the venue
    All the natural reverb and reflections from the room, plus being able to physically feel the bass in his voice, works like a thick coat of aural make-up... whereas a dry recording works like a harsh fluorescent light in a gas station bathroom.

Honestly, I can deal with his current voice and lack of well breathing, but I can't deal with him just standing there and looking uncomfortable on stage giving his back to the audience all the time.
    In 2000-2003 he used to did that thing when he was tired he used to to put a foot on the speaker next to him and do some great facial and hands expressions .
    Now he just there doing nothing with his body language the most of the time.
    I mean, his is not only a rock star, he is Marilyn motherfucking Manson for Satan sake! Give us something to watch!

I know this is an old song but i think the alcohol abuse is showing it's damage after all those years.

Quote Originally Posted by arkahno View Post
    Honestly, I can deal with his current voice and lack of well breathing, but I can't deal with him just standing there and looking uncomfortable on stage giving his back to the audience all the time.
    In 2000-2003 he used to did that thing when he was tired he used to to put a foot on the speaker next to him and do some great facial and hands expressions .
    Now he just there doing nothing with his body language the most of the time.
    I mean, his is not only a rock star, he is Marilyn motherfucking Manson for Satan sake! Give us something to watch!
    I suggest getting on the rail. If you're lucky he'll come down and hump you while rubbing spit in your face and hair, or he might stick his fingers in your mouth after having just put them down the front and back of his pants.

Quote Originally Posted by ReversedHate View Post
    I know this is an old song but i think the alcohol abuse is showing it's damage after all those years.
    But the weird thing is that he's pushing his voice unnecessarily hard. It'd be so much easier on him if he sharpened his technique. Even a young, sober guy is gonna get winded singing like that. Every metal guy you hear "screaming" isn't pushing nearly as hard.