Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: [x006]: JUL 26 2017 - Villafranca Castle - Verona, Italy

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"

Default [x006]: JUL 26 2017 - Villafranca Castle - Verona, Italy

July 26 2017

Venue: Villafranca Castle

Tickets:
    http://www.ticketone.it/tickets.html...&xtnp=1&xtcr=1

Members Attending:
    • NapalmHeart

CONFIRMED. This one should be awesome, the venue looks amazing.

An Italian friend of mine, who is going tomorrow, tells me there currently are protests around the venue, one day early.

Hopefully this brings him a little cheer. ^
    Quid ignorantia sit multi ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by NapalmHeart View Post

http://wordpress.eventiverona.it/wp-...3/castello.jpg
    Beautiful venue, like a castle.

Quote Originally Posted by gardenofeyes View Post
    An Italian friend of mine, who is going tomorrow, tells me there currently are protests around the venue, one day early.
    Yaaasssssss

Quote Originally Posted by NapalmHeart View Post

http://wordpress.eventiverona.it/wp-...3/castello.jpg
    Probably one of the coolest venues I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by gardenofeyes View Post
    Yes there are.
    Currently a bunch of Christians also planned to do a "purification" mass of sort, starting from 6 PM till 9 PM. And some parties of Forza Nuova (which is a group with strong Nazi-oriented ideals) have planned a protest aswell. That's all I know, for now.
    It's been almost 20 years since the end of the Dead To The World tour, and still people didn't learned anything MM said throughout these years, both in his lyrics aswell in his interviews at all. But most importantly, they absolutely didn't learned that this man has already grown up from his "Antichrist Superstar" status since 2003. And all he's been doing, in the past few years, was just rocking.....much like Bruce Springsteen or Mick Jagger do. And if he did something so-called "satanic", in these past few years, was just for entertaining the audience. And that's all.
    People really need to grow some brains. What all the man was promoting, throughout his career, was just a message of "Think For Yourself", not worship the Devil or other shit.
    I could've understand if we still were in 1996. But heck, we're in 2017. And yet people are still afraid of MM and his art, despite the fact that the man himself have stated many times, in many of his interviews, what Satanism really is.
    But what pisses me off the most is not so much the Christians who are doing the purification thing. But more the Nazi-Fascists protesters.
    Nazi's have done more harm to the world than MM or other individuals who identify themselves within the teachings of Aleister Crowley or Anton Lavey. They're absolutely the very last people on Earth who can have the final word on anything.
    Unfortunately I live too far away to go see MM at Verona, and i'm also very busy with work till the begin of August. But if I could had, I would had probably pissed some of those Nazi-Fascists protesters for good.
    "Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves." -Bill Hicks

I'm pretty sure Manson doesn't care at this particular point, unless the commencement of the show is threatened by the protesters. Nowadays, it just adds to the experience, if anything.

Quote Originally Posted by cataract777 View Post
    I'm pretty sure Manson doesn't care at this particular point, unless the commencement of the show is threatened by the protesters. Nowadays, it just adds to the experience, if anything.
    It's a sold out concert. I highly doubt any of the concert staff members really care about the protests, unless they really are threatened, violently, by the protesters.
    They already tried cancelling the show with an online petition (which collected over 2700 signatures). But it was cancelled immediately, after the Major of the city took over and said that the petition was "Aberrant". But, never say never.
    In 2003 they cancelled one of the Milan shows due to "the satanic nature" of MM's music. So it wouldn't surprise me at all, if at the very last moment the concert's staff members decide to cancel the show.
    I really hope that the show will be made without any complications, though. At least for the enjoyment of our buddy NapalmHeart.
    But if I was there, I would had probably worn my SlipKnot's IOWA outfit (with the big red goat), my big Baphomet pendant and the autographed mask of Clown from SlipKnot that I had since the show they made in 2004, always at Verona (same as this one http://www.slipknot-metal.com/images...n_mask_033.jpg). Took also a stereo with me and palyed Track 99 and Diamonds And Pollen out loud on repeat to scare the shit out of those Nazi protesters.
    "Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves." -Bill Hicks

Looks like Hate Anthem was added