Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Marilyn Manson on "Rage"

For those that are not in Australia:

The music videos were just aired to fill until the top 50 started in the morning with no commentary. The hosting part was a mixture of footage of Whiz, Manson, and Mockasin. It was footage from the last time the three of them came through Australia on their respective tours. Apparently they had a lot of left over material that didn't air then and so this is it. Date wise, if we go by some comments he made about being on the same label as Die Antwoord it was near the split from them. BUT, he hasn't been in Australia except really for 2014/15, so it is probably from there. His tenses got a bit hard-out of context of the other clips.

They moved back and forth between a couple of clips for each person, and the setup is that the individual introduces it and why they like it. Manson's were amusing and quite insightful.

I missed the first ten or so minutes, but here is the list that he commented on:

SMASHING PUMPKINS Zero (Virgin)

Talks about the making of the video and Billy.

UNKLE Rabbit In Your Headlights (Mercury)

Quite a long introduction, talking about the way it seems so normal and the techniques used to bring it into the realm of the abnormal by the end. He also notes that he loves the final few scenes, which if you look are really reminiscent of the smoke haze in The Pale Emperor album shots.

PJ HARVEY Down By The Water (Mercury)

Talking about how he couldn't work out why this was so popular, but that he loved it all the same and the sense of wanting to be just like her. That he thinks her vocals are just what he is aiming for, even though he has always sung along to Johnny Cash.

DEPECHE MODE Barrel Of A Gun (Mushroom)

Short intro, mostly saying 'well, I filmed Personal Jesus so they have to be here.'

DIE ANTWOORD Ugly Boy (Independent)

Talks more about the filming process. Also discusses Ninja's producing skills and Yolandi, as well as the same story about Dita as usual.

KYLIE MINOGUE Slow (Fest/Mush)

Mostly a long story about looking up wax Kylie's dress and the Wax Works Museum, and telling her later on that he had seen her 'Waxy bits.' There was also a terrible pun about waxing/wax/pubic hair. He does however note that it is precisely the video he would have made, except it would have been called Fast and involve Gogo girls rather than Gogo men.

DAVID BOWIE Ashes To Ashes (EMI) (I think??)

Not sure this was him, got distracted by something.

INXS Never Tear Us Apart (Warner)

Apparently he is a karaoke microphone hog and this is what he sings eveytime because of its unparalelled sentiment.

RADIOHEAD Street Spirit (EMI)

A long exposition about the colour grey, its properties and how it works in the video.
    Quid ignorantia sit multi ignorant.

2. Like 7 Member(s) liked this post

Haven't heard that PJ Harvey song in a while, I didn't recognize it till the "big fish, little fish" part. Not sure where I heard it when I was a kid but it was probably the radio.
    A system organized around the weakest qualities of individuals will produce these same qualities in its leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by FuckmanQ View Post
    Haven't heard that PJ Harvey song in a while, I didn't recognize it till the "big fish, little fish" part. Not sure where I heard it when I was a kid but it was probably the radio.
    The video is gorgeous.

That album and single got a lot of radio play.
    Quid ignorantia sit multi ignorant.

5. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

man, i hate these TeeWee guys putting The Beautiful People when manson talks.It's just boring as fuck and annoying.You don't have to put a song when singer talks about something else.Of course, Mr.Manson approves it because of the irony but, i fucking hate when it happens, even
    sometimes it gets cringy.