Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "$ay10"/Aquarius "The Aeon of Lucifer" - The High End of Weirdness

Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by ComaRainbow View Post
    Yeah, and that's actually a line he took from Aleister Crowley, who also said one time, "I'm an atheist - thank God!"

Thanks for the PBS special link. Daniel Mannix wrote a great book about the Hellfire Club, besides whatever is on this web link . . . oddly enough he also wrote a book on Crowley. And actually, he was a fox-hunter who wrote the original novel The Fox and the Hound, which is a little bit more gritty than the Disney cartoon movie . . . if anybody can imagine that . . .
    Perhaps, we should have another thread dedicated to this in the philosophy section? I did a thesis in High School about him and actually almost failed due to my thoughts not being based on the content of the book I was given to read and then apply to it.

Even whenever it comes to Faustus/Mephistopheles and the Ouroborus there is a significant amount of numerology to his character. I'm going to do a picture telling story first before I get into all of that though just to make this thread photo-cool. You can't have a stand out thread without pictures. From "Westworld" - Interestingly enough starts off with one of the main characters, Evan Rachel Wood who plays the role of Dolores Abernathy. The oldest host still working in the park who discovers her entire life is an elaborately constructed lie. There are some subtle references/similar themes to Goethe's Faust. Especially in the episodes "Dissonance Theory" as well as "The Bicameral Mind" - The Lucifer/Man in Black character is af to bring the consciousness of choice, and the responsibility that comes along with it, to the Hosts, most of whom, it seems, he knows intimately, even if he’s always new to them (at least so far). You can see this as an act of cruelty, or you can see it as an act of freedom.

Last edited by Shangri-LIE; 12-12-2016 at 06:21 AM.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

Other than our Franklin discussion. The character of Hannibal Lecter was also a "huge fan" - lol - of Mephistopheles; "“I was rooting for Mephistopheles, and contemptuous of Faust.” - Even now - I can't find the picture because I am tired AF - But Manson now sporting a new Lecter-esque masquerade mask. It's all very interesting how all of this ties together. So, in terms of referring to Mephistopheles as Satan, that is a false association. Lucifer is actually both an agent of God and Satan. In other words "The Middle Man".

The number 10 has heavy deceit and cruelty values to it in Kabbalistic numerology. However, as for Lucifer and Satan, there are some very common misconceptions. Lucifer is not the opposite of God because he was also a creature made by God. He can thus be more likened to Michael the Archangel, in terms of position. On the other hand, Satan connotes more on the idea of an opposing resistance. Fuck it, I'll take something from the NK.

"Manson's retelling of Grimm's Fairy Tale Hansel & Gretel: two children who run away from their wicked parents in search of a better life, then finding an idyllic gingerbread house but instead of it being realized paradise they come to see the truth in that the owner of that house is a witch who wants to cook and eat them. The irony behind the traditional retelling is that stories like this and other Grimm's Fairy Tales (a repository of them can be found here for innocuous enjoyment) is that they're masqueraded as children's stories but when looked at objectively they're often very dark and morbid; full of lies & treachery, poison apples, parents casting out and/or devouring children, Manson is the owner of the "gingerbread" house which the children ran to, who can be seen as an allusion to Saturn, the devourer. The difference in Manson's retelling however is that instead of the children being devoured and eaten, the wicked guardians of them are ground into a meal by machines and then eaten by those very children they repressed. This as the grand turning of tables with Manson helping the children rise up against those guardians who were supposed to have loved and protected them but instead made them feel like Nobodies."

Saturn - I
    n Vedic Astrology Saturn is the symbol of Sorrow of the Cosmic Man, the sorrow inherent in the act of Manifestation. He is also the Mokshkaraka or symbol of Liberation. Along with Jupiter and Ketu, Saturn play a prominent role in attaining Self-Actualization. Another interesting thing to point out in regards to Saturn and Jesus/Lucifer - Saturnine holds influence on Jesus Jesus was born with Virgo rising, Jupiter, Moon and Saturn in Pisces, leading to the Messiah's willingness to bear the Cross of Golgotha. Christ and Lucifer in the Bible also referred to themselves as "The Bright and Morning Star".

Despite acknowledging its association with Evil, secret societies find the veneration of Saturn necessary to obtain illumination. It is the necessary counterpart of the principle of Good. Masonic authors clearly associate Saturn with Satan: He is the Satan, the Tempter, or rather the Tester. His function is to chastise and tame the unruly passions in the primitive man.” -J.S. Ward, Freemasonry and the Ancient Gods

Back to some observations about "Goethe's Faust". Mephistopheles actually did more work for "God" than he did Lucifer. Even with the "Say10" clip that we had where most people thought that Manson was beheading Donald Trump, it was actually an evangelist. A charlatan. In both Christian and Muslim doctrines, they engage in the ritual beheading of charlatans, those guilty of apostasy as well as anyone who valued/value money over God/Allah. Though it was debuted on Election Day, so I can understand the misinterpretation or misrepresentation of who he was actually decapitating.

Last edited by Shangri-LIE; 12-12-2016 at 10:11 AM.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

3. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Where in the hell did you come to find Jesus' birthchart? Manson's lifepath number is 4, Isn’t' it? The birthdate added together makes the lifepath number, right?

5. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Marsmind View Post
    Where in the hell did you come to find Jesus' birthchart? Manson's lifepath number is 4, Isn’t' it? The birthdate added together makes the lifepath number, right?
    I didn't post the birth chart of Christ. And it's either a 4 or an 8. Everything else was pretty accurate.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

Quote Originally Posted by Shangri-LIE View Post
    Yeah, he did use pseudonym's for a lot of authoring's which wasn't uncommon for that time period. As for the debate as to whether or not he was a serial killer, an accomplice to murder or just aware of what was taking place at his residence by a close friend and physician William Hewson and not just being"resurrectionists"/grave robbers is still somewhat debated by historians as well as medical examiners/experts. There's a special entitled "Secrets of the Dead: Benjamin Franklin's Bones" which included a police investigation and coroner reports/notes. Not all of the bones examined by coroner Paul Knapman were determined to have been manipulated/mutilated post mortem. One they found in particular, were the remains of an infant. What alarmed the police at the time were discoveries they had made that were similar to the story of Fred and Roseamary West,a few years prior to what they discovered at Franklin's residence. The West's had murdered at least 22 people and remains had also been buried under their home a few years prior to what was discovered at Franklin's old residence in a similar fashion. Whenever I was in London, I had the privilege of visiting Scotland Yard's Crime Museum, as I was in a relationship with someone who worked for the Home Office in Scotland Yard. Feel free to further research this, about Frankilin and Hewson. Dare I say that it was the original "House of 1000 Corpses"? - lol - One last note on that, as you're free to do your own research is based on a police report. You can read the full transcript or just watch the documentary here. - http://www.pbs.org/wnet/secrets/ben-...-episode/2074/

As for The Hell Fire Club, Benjamin Franklin and Sir Francis Dashwood - What you asked about "A lot of his beliefs revolved around controlling the sexual lives of servants for the economic benefit of their masters." - They brought in prostitutes and even ladies of society who were not too prudish to play the role of “nuns” for the pleasure of the "monks" of Abbey. “The original Hell-Fire Club had been abolished by special order of the Lord High Chancellor, because even in that broadminded time the members had carried things a little too far when they celebrated Mass on the body of a naked girl stretched out on one of the barroom tables. Dashwood recreated the group under the new name but the public kept calling the group The Hell Fire Club."

http://theunexplainedmysteries.com/HellFire-Club.html

Other sources are included on that page as well. I hate the format of it, but it's legitimate. I used to not only study this in HS but also abroad.

There's so much I want to get into, especially from "Faustus;My Soul be Damned for the World". And I will. I'm a businessman and "Mr.Social" self enterprises and pampering industries right now. - I just wanted to reply to YoureAlreadyHere real quick.

And Haz - I've already edited this post with an annotation of what it is about. It isn't "digging too deep". Talk about "shitting on everything on the forum". What if I were to go into your bootleg threads and even though I enjoy them, were to constantly shit on your shitty camera work? Not that it is. But it would probably become annoying and eventually redundant at some point. But please, keep pointing out how utterly "retarded" I am. Others seem to enjoy my topics. No need to hijack a good majority of mine. I also don't resort to public ad hominems as much as I used to, but you seem to be championed in it as your only way of establishing some sort of self preserving elitism over people you disagree with.
    Thanks for taking the time to reply, but I don't see an answer to this:
    "A lot of his beliefs revolved around controlling the sexual lives of servants for the economic benefit of their masters." Can you cite this?
    --------------------------------

Don't tell me what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Shangri-LIE View Post
    Other than our Franklin discussion. The character of Hannibal Lecter was also a "huge fan" - lol - of Mephistopheles; "“I was rooting for Mephistopheles, and contemptuous of Faust.” - Even now - I can't find the picture because I am tired AF - But Manson now sporting a new Lecter-esque masquerade mask. It's all very interesting how all of this ties together. So, in terms of referring to Mephistopheles as Satan, that is a false association. Lucifer is actually both an agent of God and Satan. In other words "The Middle Man".

Back to some observations about "Goethe's Faust". Mephistopheles actually did more work for "God" than he did Lucifer. Even with the "Say10" clip that we had where most people thought that Manson was beheading Donald Trump, it was actually an evangelist. A charlatan. In both Christian and Muslim doctrines, they engage in the ritual beheading of charlatans, those guilty of apostasy as well as anyone who valued/value money over God/Allah. Though it was debuted on Election Day, so I can understand the misinterpretation or misrepresentation of who he was actually decapitating.

[/FONT][/COLOR]
    Who referred to Mephistopheles as satan? He has always been inferred as an Agent or middle man. That is what the story is about... An intent to prevent whilst exhibiting only lure to those he intermingles with, a walking contradiction.

Manson has been a huge fan of the silence of the lambs, no doubt about it. When you say mask, I think of the shot by n.a.cope

and of manson with his leather medical mask

We all know Manson has always been a huge fan of Thomas Harris novels and reincarnations- recently saying he wants to be a part of the remake for Silence of the Lambs...

Killing a charlatan was quite obvious in the video of Corporate America/White Collar/now President Elect. One in the same, in other words. But honestly, there is more than faith to be partitioned as "money", more even than faith exclusive to religion. However, religion is the keystone here, as Say10 is an allusion of Satan, and what better than money than Souls? Mortal man has his money and his sophisticated materialism, where the immortal has... etc.

9. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by YoureAlreadyHere View Post
    Who referred to Mephistopheles as satan? He has always been inferred as an Agent or middle man. That is what the story is about... An intent to prevent whilst exhibiting only lure to those he intermingles with, a walking contradiction.

Manson has been a huge fan of the silence of the lambs, no doubt about it. When you say mask, I think of the shot by n.a.cope
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...5ff7c6d82c.jpg
    and of manson with his leather medical mask
    http://i.imgur.com/XXJQo9z.png
    We all know Manson has always been a huge fan of Thomas Harris novels and reincarnations- recently saying he wants to be a part of the remake for Silence of the Lambs...

Killing a charlatan was quite obvious in the video of Corporate America/White Collar/now President Elect. One in the same, in other words. But honestly, there is more than faith to be partitioned as "money", more even than faith exclusive to religion. However, religion is the keystone here, as Say10 is an allusion of Satan, and what better than money than Souls? Mortal man has his money and his sophisticated materialism, where the immortal has... etc.
    I've read different analyses that are inaccurate and confuse the role of Mephistopheles even from way back in school. But, yes. I was pointing that out for people who may not be that well read on this subject and others that the select few who post here are. And as for killing charlatans, I don't think that the Say10 clip was alluding to Donald Trump as far as indicting him as a direct target that the imagery symbolized. It goes beyond that whenever it goes into executing charlatans. It could be evangelist ("anything's), the media, politicians, religious authorities e.g. and not particularly one person. He's always put on morality plays about the fascism and shameless manipulation of people, as well as people making themselves susceptible to deceitful idealogues who rob them of their "soul" if you want to call it that, critical thinking as well as literally robbing their bank accounts. I guess you could even include motivational speakers into the charlatan category.

But yes, as for the Lecter stuff...yep. That's all I can because both you and I have already said it. - lol - Oh, and "Hello, Clarice."....
    Last edited by Shangri-LIE; 12-17-2016 at 02:24 AM.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

11. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

13. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

I'm assuming you meant you did a project on Crowley, not Mannix . . . which is fine . . . sometimes I just wish writers were as revered as these flamboyant occultists. Actually, some have said Crowley's best magic(K) was his writing anyway, especially his poetry. He definitely is a fascinating character, and my knowledge of him probably isn't up to snuff. His Book of Lies is incredibly cryptic, all those layers of meaning upon meaning. Hmmmmmm . . . reminds me of some rock singer I've heard of.

What I'm posting, though, is a simple observation on "Say10" and what meaning it may have. Your analysis was all scholarly, and mine isn't. You may have said this more eloquently. But during the holiday blues/working hard on finishing up a novel, I thought about how the number 10 is considered the number of perfection, even a divine number in some ways. George Carlin made it into a joke, about the ten commandments in Judaism (sort of carried over into Christianity . . . but even though some Christians whine about whether they should be on the courthouse walls . . . Christ was quoted as abbreviating the list a bit and throwing in something like "Love your neighbor as yourself" . . . but, moving right along from such nitpicking . . .), how the leaders picked "ten" to sell better . . . like ten best dressed, ten most wanted, et cetera.

All right. Even if you think about how the last album was going to have nine tracks, nine as the number of Satan (Anton LaVey's idea of the "Age of Fire", in an essay called "The Unknown Known") . . . but then Marilyn Manson ended up putting a tenth track as an epilogue . . . called "Odds of Even" . . . when ten is an even number, nine would have been odd . . . plus "ten" being the most personal track . . . album was dedicated to his mother, who had passed away while he was making it . . . maybe he's acknowledging the old tradition of ten being the divine or absolute number. And maybe even though nine always returns to itself, it falls just short of completing a cycle. After all, an individual self needs a part of another self to be complete. When we choose our mates, we don't experience all of them. Maybe even 10%. Or one out of the whole (ten) that they are. We stay nine parts us, one part our partner. And that's probably at best - a good relationship. People are too complex to split it fifty-fifty, methinks.

So if you're thinking of "God" as "Absolute", "Ten", absolute perfection that humans will always strive for and never quite attain, even at their best, and Marilyn Manson's public role is more "Nine", "Satan", maybe that's where the word play leads. There's the obvious, where it sounds like, "You say God, and I say Satan!" A leader using God as a promotional gimmick to the max. (To the ten, you might say. On a scale of one to ten, the exploitation would be a ten. "God is an excuse." - from the same album where he first used the dollar sign as a symbol of fascism, comparing it to a swastika - and definitely nodding to your dollar sign in this post here by mentioning that) So yeah, he's taking the role of Satan to oppose that, and accuse. Satan means "accuser" or "adversary" in Hebrew, as we all know.

And I'm sorry if this has already been said . . . not as much of an online guy as most people I know, could have overlooked it . . . but I was thinking of it like this: Maybe he's basically saying, "Put your money where your mouth is." Like, if you're going to say "God" so loudly, I challenge you to "say `Ten'", to actually back it up, that you represent something so perfect. ("With a Bible or a Flag . . . it's just a bunch of cloth or paper . . . how valid is it in your heart?") Or are you just the same as me - Nine - Satan - just a man who is out for himself, it all comes back to the self?

Bible Belt 'round Anglo waist
    Putting sinners in their place
    Yeah, right, great, if you're so good
    Explain the shit stains on your face

You say "God!", and I say, "SAY 10!"

Maybe those are the same statements, just a lot more eloquent now, than what he said more than ten years ago.

Just my take on it at the moment . . . ironic when there's all this talk of white power lately, and the old song ("Cake and Sodomy") had the chant "White Trash!" in it. Man, missing Nick Kushner right about now. (Holidays make ya' miss people. He's not the only one, but . . . great guy, he was, tis true, tis true.) He showed a lot of those layers of meaning that often escaped me. Sometimes I'm not sure if artists, even the best of them, always know where their ironies come from.

I remember an old interview where the guy jokingly asked Rev. Manson (I just like the sound of that title, so sue me) if by calling his new album at the time "Holy Wood", he was commenting on the hard-on Christians had for a culture of violence. Ms. Manson said he'd never thought of it that way, and the interviewer said it made him feel like he was the one with a dirty mind. That just stuck with me . . . and then on the other hand, another interview, he said he meant "Pistol Whipped" as "pistil" whipped, the whole Flowers of Evil theme of that album . . . and was surprised that nobody got it, that it was the female part of a flower. So it goes both ways. That's the point of a book of lies, or a MM album though, to get people thinking and throwing new ideas around. A question mark or an exclamation point can do as well as a whole chapter.

(Wha . . . wha . . . ?!)

Time to end this foolishness.

My pussy beckons . . . no, I'm not being dirty, Dr. Reich (but say what you like) . . . the feline variety. Time for his Christmas treat. And you could take that really dirty, if you wanted to. Especially since he's getting a can of salmon to munch on tonight and tomorrow.

Marry Cryptmas to all, and to all a dark knight.

15. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post