Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: [x001]: JUL 20 2017 - Budapest Park Open Air - Budapest, Hungary

Awesome quality video from We Know Where You Live.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2uQucHtSFY

and say10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOZIDCPHRW8

Revelations too

Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    Yeah, every band should totes just abandon some of their biggest singles to appease a vocal minority online rather than people who actually bought tickets to the shows, lol...because that makes sense somehow?

Fucking Dipp, I swear.

XD
    I mean, "The Nobodies" is a single. Why should "Disposable Teens" be the only single represented from Holy Wood?
    "I Don't Like The Drugs (But The Drugs Like Me)" is a single. Why should "The Dope Show" be the only single represented from Mechanical Animals?
    Hell, "Slo-Mo-Tion" is a single. Why should "No Reflection" be the only single represented from Born Villain?
    To revenge the misdeeds of the ruling class, there existed in the middle ages, in Germany, a secret tribunal, called the “Vehmgericht.” If a red cross was seen marked on a house, people knew that its owner was doomed by the “Vehm.”

All the houses of Europe are now marked with the mysterious red cross.

Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar

Better quality vids

https://vk.com/videos-237426
    Last edited by Shangri-LIE; 07-21-2017 at 04:06 PM.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

Quote Originally Posted by The Overman View Post
    I mean, "The Nobodies" is a single. Why should "Disposable Teens" be the only single represented from Holy Wood?
    "I Don't Like The Drugs (But The Drugs Like Me)" is a single. Why should "The Dope Show" be the only single represented from Mechanical Animals?
    Hell, "Slo-Mo-Tion" is a single. Why should "No Reflection" be the only single represented from Born Villain?
    I agree with for disposable teen being replacable ,i would take the love song or the fight song (he didnt play that in ages ) over it ,but speaking success wise ,TDS was a way more succesful single than IDLTDBTDLM when it came out in 98 so its gonna be there forever , just like TBP and SD
    Trust me i wish it wasnt the case but i think we have to make our peace with it

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"

Generally it's lead singles that make up most setlists for bands because it's what people know from the casual fan to the hardcore fan. But look, take off just the lead singles and you've got 3 new songs, This Is The New Shit, Great Big White World, The Reflecting God, Tourniquet, Coma White... so that's more than half of the setlist.
    So I think it's a good balance of the major singles/hits and then the secondary and non single tracks and the three goddamn new songs! come one! That's fucking awesome!

The answer is obvious.

"The Dope Show" and "Disposable Teens" were not just singles, they were MASSIVELY SUCCESSFUL singles whereas the others from those albums were relative flops in comparison. They're the singles everyone will know and respond to well wherever he goes.

You're tired of them? Fine, go buy a beer or w/e.

But the vast majority of any given crowd is there hoping to hear those songs.

Just browsin' around here.

Do you guys know how fuckin' concerts work? We represent maybe 10-20% of the crowd at a Manson show depending on where you live. The rest are a mix of vaguely interested archetypal 'metalheads' who got tickets on a whim, middle-aged accountants reliving their youth, and younger new fans who have only listened to the most-viewed singles by typing Marilyn Manson into YouTube. This is what happens when a band has been around for awhile with many albums under their belt and arent exactly in the headlines anymore. I've been dragged to tons of concerts by bands I quite like in general but haven't 'delved into,' and quite honestly, it's a bummer when it's mostly songs I don't know. Of course Manson's going to play the lead singles from each of his albums at every show. He plays a good hour and twenty when he's touring solo, which is pretty standard, so he only has maybe a four song wiggle-room not including new album stuff to play with. Compared to a lot of other bands, I'd actually say he works with that quite well, he even broke out some portrait stuff during TPE.

The part that just makes me laugh, and I know I'm going to take the piss out of this a lot over the next tour, is people bitching that Manson isn't playing songs that he objectively can't sing anymore. The shows he's played thus far have been surprisingly wicked, but 'I Don't Like the Drugs'? Are you kidding me? Manson could barely sing The Fight Song in 2005, it'd be bollocks if he even tried it these days. He's slowly but surely even been retiring Rock is Dead, which from a singing standpoint has always sounded the worst of many of his shows as time's gone by.

Being a fan, of course there's songs I'd like him to sing and dream setlists. No Reflection in particular is just a bore to me, too similar to Deep Six so he can fill a spot with that. But we've gotta be realistic here brothers and sisters.