Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Studio Pics! Who's got them, or why don't they exist?

Follow Idunno On Twitter

Marilyn Manson in the studio during the recording of Eat Me, Drink Me:

"We were too dumb to run, too dead to die."

2. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Follow Idunno On Twitter

Jk, here are some videos you've probably already seen:

About the video above: Some of the filming for his cameo in Californication took place in the same studio and the American flag was still hanging from the ceiling.

I found these pretty easily, but there must be more somewhere.
    Last edited by Idunno; 01-02-2017 at 03:21 PM.
    "We were too dumb to run, too dead to die."

4. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by M Tragedy666 View Post
    I remember hearing that he used rubber dildos slapping against leather couches as some of the beats on Golden Age...
    That was actually for EAT ME, DRINK ME...but still noteworthy af, lol.

XD

Quote Originally Posted by The Empirical Guy View Post
    Haz, that EQ article is great. I can't see it in the PM archive, it should definitely get added in.

As for the Instagram pic, that appears to be backstage, as I doubt even Manson goes to those sorts of lengths in the makeup department just to record at the studio. He appears to be playing on a Gibraltar practice kit, which Ginger once mentioned he took on tour with them.
    Yeah, I thought it was weird when I couldn't find it in the archives here, too.

But I have the actual magazine somewhere so I was just waiting to mention it until I could locate my physical copy and post scans. All in good time!

And I don't know a lot about drums, so thanks for the input!

That said, (makeup vs. playlist, etc.):

Quote Originally Posted by Dipp Six View Post
    Didn't Manson say something along the lines of keeping the studio at freezing temperatures? "Half frozen wax" and what not.
    Ahhh, my own personal "Misheard Lyric" that WILL NOT DIE, lol.

When "Deep Six" premiered live I was there filming it with a pretty damned good recording to play back endlessly for DAYS before I could share it. I was pretty sure I knew MOST of the lyrics from that recording alone but the night the album version was released online I stayed up for HOURS transcribing the lyrics the best I could anyway.

Needless to say, I got a few wrong but my shit was the only game in town so it got copied and pasted EVERYWHERE and the next thing I knew "half-frozen wax" was the mass-consumption version of "as if my feathers were wax" despite my EXPLICIT WARNING that it was merely my best guess, lol.

But, yeah. Manson likes it cold.

Quote Originally Posted by Unpretty Unsafe View Post
    http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/...20100703220234

When he did that "Love Game" remix with Lady Gaga. Although the lyrics in front of them are for "Arma-goddamn-motherfuckin-geddon", a remix that never happened/got shelved?

And these were some that I could think of off the top of my head that Google had. Not too gear-heavy, but still Manson in the studio. I wish there were more in-studio pics from 94-2000. That'd be fucking amazing!
    "Arma-Gaga-Motherfuckin-Geddon," w00t!

Maybe someday, amirite?

And there's also a great pic of Manson behind a mic for Mechanical Animals from an early '98 issue of "Rolling Stone" but I'll be damned if I can find it anywhere. Once again, if it ever turns up elsewhere for w/e reason then I still have it to scan and post here, too.

:)
    Last edited by Hazekiah; 01-03-2017 at 01:28 AM.

6. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Quote Originally Posted by The Empirical Guy View Post
    Haz, that EQ article is great. I can't see it in the PM archive, it should definitely get added in.
    It's a great piece, do you have scans of the article itself Hazekiah? 90% of what's in the archive we transcribed by hand, or was submitted by contributors, it would be brilliant to clean that one up and do it in full. Actually, when I've got some time off of the actual job in the next few months, there's still another twenty or so articles to add in there that I've not had a chance to do.

Here's another nice Manson/Sardy article for Holy Wood: MIX - Blood On The Pavement

For whatever reason - perhaps because he prefers an organic, experimental approach rather than technical - Manson is less inclined to talk about equipment when it comes to the studio, but if anyone's got the time, there's articles in the Antichrist Superstar, Mechanical Animals, Holy Wood and The High End Of Low sections where other bandmates discuss the writing and recording process.
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

My world is unaffected... Unpretty Unsafe's Avatar
    Add Unpretty Unsafe on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    There's also a great pic of Manson behind a mic for Mechanical Animals from an early '98 issue of "Rolling Stone" but I'll be damned if I can find it anywhere. Once again, if it ever turns up elsewhere for w/e reason then I still have it to scan and post here, too.

:)
    Please do! Because I think I remember exactly what picture you're talking about. Wasn't it a full body shot of him like this? ...

I've heard that This was taken during the recording of acss.

OMG that amp though.. is that all Trent gave the poor little fucker to jam with?

10. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Not the proper place to ask this, but I figured that starting a specific thread would have been a bit redundant. So I used to have that picture of Manson with bare chest and the red ACSS shirt on, he probably was at a hotel room window cause there were buildings and palms visible on the outside. I remember his face wasn't visible though, probably cropped out, the purpose of the photo was to show the scars on his chest, I suppose. Can't find it anywhere, but I'm pretty sure I originally found it on some Tumblr account. Anyone?
    Last edited by Posthuman; 06-29-2017 at 06:32 PM.

[QUOTE=Hazekiah;209829]That was actually for EAT ME, DRINK ME...but still noteworthy af, lol. /QUOTE]

For real?? I could have sworn I remembered hearing it about GAOG. But such is the stuff of false memories, I suppose. BTW, do we happen to know WHERE on EMDM this can be heard? Which track, etc?? And speaking of dildos, does anyone remember that interview....again...I feel like it was around GAOG, where Manson freaked out Avril with a dildo with a camera at the end so we could see the insides of the vag and was trying to get Avril to use it? I remember at the time thinking it was a MM creation, but those things MUST have already existed...maybe he made some variation on it though.... This is very important shit to know about these albums by the way. As you said, noteworthy as fuck!

My world is unaffected... Unpretty Unsafe's Avatar
    Add Unpretty Unsafe on Facebook

^ That was definitely around GAOG/LWF. When he did The Graham Norton Show in '04 to promote Lest We Forget, he mentioned recently buying the dildo-cam. Chris Rock, who was also a guest that night, made jokes about it too, joking how everything exciting and fun for Manson would change once he got married haha. He was engaged to Dita at the time and mentioned it on the show.

Follow Lillith On Twitter Follow Lillith on Tumblr Visit Lillith's Instagram Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Idunno View Post
    Marilyn Manson in the studio during the recording of Eat Me, Drink Me:

http://www.revolvermag.com/sites/def...withTim_1.jpeg

:') lmao no that's MIW not Manson. Though that looks to be Skold in the background.
    Last edited by Lillith; 01-05-2017 at 10:28 AM.
    I gave Marilyn Manson AIDS.