Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Studio Pics! Who's got them, or why don't they exist?

Follow Idunno On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Lillith View Post

:') lmao no that's MIW not Manson. Though that looks to be Skold in the background.
    I know :)

"We were too dumb to run, too dead to die."

2. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

I know the exact one you mean - it's in Rolling Stone 1998 issue with him on the front in his 'Omega' gear with a hole in his chest. Tried to find it online but can't seem to!

This is Manson outside of Nothing Studios in New Orleans in 1996 recording Antichrist - so it's CLOSE to being 'in' the studio. I wish we had more photos if not FOOTAGE of all of their adventures during that time (running around naked in the streets at 10am in wigs, their food fight with members of NIN in the van, various studio recording shots)

Quote Originally Posted by S.D. View Post
    It's a great piece, do you have scans of the article itself Hazekiah? 90% of what's in the archive we transcribed by hand, or was submitted by contributors, it would be brilliant to clean that one up and do it in full. Actually, when I've got some time off of the actual job in the next few months, there's still another twenty or so articles to add in there that I've not had a chance to do.

Here's another nice Manson/Sardy article for Holy Wood: MIX - Blood On The Pavement

For whatever reason - perhaps because he prefers an organic, experimental approach rather than technical - Manson is less inclined to talk about equipment when it comes to the studio, but if anyone's got the time, there's articles in the Antichrist Superstar, Mechanical Animals, Holy Wood and The High End Of Low sections where other bandmates discuss the writing and recording process.
    Yeah, I definitely have it...I'm looking!

I've got about five big boxes of old Manson magazines stashed somewhere so it's just a matter of time before I find them.

I'll keep you posted!

:)

Quote Originally Posted by Unpretty Unsafe View Post
    Please do! Because I think I remember exactly what picture you're talking about. Wasn't it a full body shot of him like this? ...

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m31qjonHl51r917ns.jpg
    Yup, that's from the same shoot.

Same hair, shirt, and glasses, except he's kinda leaning to the side in a chair in a full-body pic.

I'll keep digging, I know I have that issue somewhere, too. It was the "In the Studio" feature from "Rolling Stone" a few months before the album came out.

[QUOTE=M Tragedy666;209872]
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    That was actually for EAT ME, DRINK ME...but still noteworthy af, lol. /QUOTE]

For real?? I could have sworn I remembered hearing it about GAOG. But such is the stuff of false memories, I suppose. BTW, do we happen to know WHERE on EMDM this can be heard? Which track, etc?? And speaking of dildos, does anyone remember that interview....again...I feel like it was around GAOG, where Manson freaked out Avril with a dildo with a camera at the end so we could see the insides of the vag and was trying to get Avril to use it? I remember at the time thinking it was a MM creation, but those things MUST have already existed...maybe he made some variation on it though.... This is very important shit to know about these albums by the way. As you said, noteworthy as fuck!
    Quote Originally Posted by Unpretty Unsafe View Post
    ^ That was definitely around GAOG/LWF. When he did The Graham Norton Show in '04 to promote Lest We Forget, he mentioned recently buying the dildo-cam. Chris Rock, who was also a guest that night, made jokes about it too, joking how everything exciting and fun for Manson would change once he got married haha. He was engaged to Dita at the time and mentioned it on the show.
    Whoopsie!

My bad, guys...I was confusing that with his comments from the first EAT ME, DRINK ME era interview he did with the Heirophant back in the day.

D'oh!

6. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    A Mental Revolution Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

[QUOTE=M Tragedy666;209872]
    That was actually for EAT ME, DRINK ME...but still noteworthy af, lol. /QUOTE]

For real?? I could have sworn I remembered hearing it about GAOG. But such is the stuff of false memories, I suppose. BTW, do we happen to know WHERE on EMDM this can be heard? Which track, etc?? And speaking of dildos, does anyone remember that interview....again...I feel like it was around GAOG, where Manson freaked out Avril with a dildo with a camera at the end so we could see the insides of the vag and was trying to get Avril to use it? I remember at the time thinking it was a MM creation, but those things MUST have already existed...maybe he made some variation on it though.... This is very important shit to know about these albums by the way. As you said, noteworthy as fuck!
    It was for EMDM, the dildo hitting a leather couch, along with the batting on a rabbit cage. All for percussion. The Dildo cam is another story.
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    -The Divine Trickster-
    I Was Invited To Eat The Young
    It's A Poor Sort Of Memory That Only Works Backwards.

8. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Yeah, I got that already but thanks.

It's been almost a decade now since the most recent of those interviews so my bad but it's an easy mix-up to make, I guess.

Can't win 'em all, right?

:'(

Follow Idunno On Twitter

And there's also a great pic of Manson behind a mic for Mechanical Animals from an early '98 issue of "Rolling Stone" but I'll be damned if I can find it anywhere. Once again, if it ever turns up elsewhere for w/e reason then I still have it to scan and post here, too.
    "We were too dumb to run, too dead to die."

11. Like 4 Member(s) liked this post

That's the one, thanks!

It's floating around in color somewhere too though so the hunt goes on...

A Mental Revolution Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

I was just about to post that lol Dammit.
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    -The Divine Trickster-
    I Was Invited To Eat The Young
    It's A Poor Sort Of Memory That Only Works Backwards.

My world is unaffected... Unpretty Unsafe's Avatar
    Add Unpretty Unsafe on Facebook

Yup, that's the exact picture I was thinking of! =)

These were from the same shoot...

Last edited by Unpretty Unsafe; 01-15-2017 at 10:01 AM.

15. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post