Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: An audiophile ranks and reviews every MM album solely on sound quality. [NERD ALERT]

Man Who Fell From Earth A Gruesome Discovery's Avatar

Wait, what's the problem with Side A? Fuzz? Is it throughout the whole thing? I'm not hearing anything out of the ordinary.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Follow Skull On Twitter Add Skull on Facebook

Good for you! I don't have the black vinyl, but both red and white are plagued by some scraping surface noise. On SAY 10 and KILL4ME.

Follow NapalmHeart On Twitter Visit NapalmHeart's Youtube Channel Visit NapalmHeart's Instagram Channel

Maybe it's intentional. Still sounds like someone's rubbing their hands to me. Not a ghost?

4. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

That sounds like a warping issue; if the record looks anything other than perfectly flat or if you detect an up-and-down wobble while it's spinning, you should contact Loma Vista and get a replacement. It may have happened during shipping, but if multiple people are experiencing this then maybe there was a bad batch or poor storage practices before shipping. My red vinyl plays just fine, but I'll look very closely for any evidence of warping when i get home.

Quote Originally Posted by A Gruesome Discovery View Post
    #9 BORN VILLAIN

It sounds terrible, and there's no excuse for this. You can clip here and there; you really shouldn't, but you can get away with it sparingly. This is just ridiculous though. Why would you do this to a song unless you hated either it or the listener?
    BV is full of crazy things to make you sick and feel like shit. It's intentional. Manson even tells us he hates us on this one.

Edit:This is the only album I can't find the FLAC files for. I really want it if anyone knows where to get them or would like to share them with me?
    Last edited by Marsmind; 10-17-2017 at 07:24 PM.

7. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Follow Skull On Twitter Add Skull on Facebook

That sounds like a warping issue; if the record looks anything other than perfectly flat or if you detect an up-and-down wobble while it's spinning, you should contact Loma Vista and get a replacement. It may have happened during shipping, but if multiple people are experiencing this then maybe there was a bad batch or poor storage practices before shipping. My red vinyl plays just fine, but I'll look very closely for any evidence of warping when i get home.
    No neither are warped...Mind you I'm talking about the Euro red and white editions. I've just received my US red vinyl and it's clearly different to the Euro one looks-wise, so different pressing, materail, etc. Let's just hope it's like yours and plays fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Marsmind View Post
    BV is full of crazy things to make you sick and feel like shit. It's intentional.
    I've read that, but he's talking about weird stuff going on in the stereo spread, sub-bass trickery, and "sounds only dogs can hear" (which, uh, wouldn't be possible on a CD but ok). And that stuff can be cool, but overall BV is just garden-variety bad sounding and has the same types of problems you'd hear on a mid-2000s Avril Lavigne CD.

10. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

I've read that, but he's talking about weird stuff going on in the stereo spread, sub-bass trickery, and "sounds only dogs can hear" (which, uh, wouldn't be possible on a CD but ok). And that stuff can be cool, but overall BV is just garden-variety bad sounding and has the same types of problems you'd hear on a mid-2000s Avril Lavigne CD.
    I guess that's why No Reflection was nominated for a Grammy.

Quote Originally Posted by Marsmind View Post
    I guess that's why No Reflection was nominated for a Grammy.
    Well, it's a great song.

13. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    A Mental Revolution Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    Good for you! I don't have the black vinyl, but both red and white are plagued by some scraping surface noise. On SAY 10 and KILL4ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by NapalmHeart View Post
    Maybe it's intentional. Still sounds like someone's rubbing their hands to me. Not a ghost?
    This is the first I'm playing my White vinyl, And I hear this too. I hear it mostly in the right channel, it's just like the sound rubbing hands together, it actually starts from the left to the right. I heard it first in Tattooed In Reverse. What a shame. Sorry but Loma Vista really took a shit on this release.

Haven't played any of the other vinyls.

*Edit: The sound is now more apparent on the left for KILL4ME.
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    -The Divine Trickster-
    I Was Invited To Eat The Young
    It's A Poor Sort Of Memory That Only Works Backwards.