Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Marilyn Manson Video Clip Casting By Luizo Vega

Quote Originally Posted by Homeostasis View Post
    Before anyone freaks out: "Dracula Is Not Dead" is the name of a movie being made by StudioV, and not the name of Manson's new single.
    Ah damn, I was hoping for the return of the Ghetto Dracula lol

2. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

I forgot about Ghetto Dracula! Was that some completely abandoned era, or was it at least somewhat expressed and fulfilled within GAOG? That, and the Celebritarian black death album..... I wish both existed.

Luv it!
    "And We Will Sleep on the Skin of Its Nightmares..."

5. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by M Tragedy666 View Post
    I forgot about Ghetto Dracula! Was that some completely abandoned era, or was it at least somewhat expressed and fulfilled within GAOG? That, and the Celebritarian black death album..... I wish both existed.
    Well the Ghetto Dracula thing would have been in place of 'The Golden Age of Grotesque', and the Celebritarian album in place of 'Eat Me, Drink Me'. While I don't care for EMDM I definitely prefer that GAOG happened instead of an album related to the concept/idea of Ghetto Dracula.
    Last edited by Posthuman; 06-29-2017 at 06:35 PM.

7. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Shit son, fifteen years have passed and people are still taking throwaway comments by Manson as gospel.

Unless this is contradicted by the man himself in the future, 'Ghetto Dracula' wasn't a phase or 'era' that eventually gave way to The Golden Age Of Grotesque. It was simply a clever, intentionally sarcastic wordplay on his behalf to describe an attitude or persona during the album's creation.
    Like 'Arch Dandy', it's not an official 'Character' in the sense we understand Wormboy or Adam Kadmon to be (even they are loose in places), but a working pastiche of the many nick-names and alternative titles famous people give themselves, or are awarded. Think along the lines of Notorious B.I.G.; sometimes he was Big Poppa, sometimes he was Biggie, sometimes I am sure he was Christopher Wallace.

The whole intent of The Golden Age Of Grotesque was to observe how ludicrous and self-aggrandising contemporary entertainment is, but through the lens of a past era. Ghetto Dracula implied something raw and 21st Century, though translated through Manson's unique appreciation of nostalgia and vintage media.

Here are the two occasions he used the term in his Journal: FEBRUARY 2002 - March 13, 2002 -
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

9. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post
    Heaven's Reflection Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by M Tragedy666 View Post
    I think he did embrace the whole Ghetto Dracula Era in TGAOG Era, especially in 2002, with the Tainted Love video. I don't remember him talking of a whole Era and album dedicated to the look, I think it was just a phase, like the Space Cowboy look in 1997. The Celebritarian Era, however, was a real Era with real imagery with music recorded within the time.
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    Men Without Shoulders
    Apple's Fall Far From The Tree.
    The Shadow of a Cross, burning into the ground.
    Days are getting
    Darker.

S.D. my post was intended to be a joke only in the same vain of the Crimes in the Ocean jokes. lol
    Last edited by Mok; 01-11-2017 at 01:36 PM.

12. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by S.D. View Post
    Shit son, fifteen years have passed and people are still taking throwaway comments by Manson as gospel.
    Didn't know where this Ghetto Dracula thing came from, thought it was something people assumed after the switch of look with 'Tainted Love', and more a prediction of a sort of rap-influenced sound for the then upcoming album. I believe that's what people mean by saying "Ghetto Dracula era", which is basically saying that they had something like a partial and incorrect idea of what 'The Golden Age of Grotesque' would have turned out to be. So I'm glad that the concept for that album was far more organic and complex than simply a crossover between 'Holy Wood' and hip hop. Reading those Manson's mentions in his journal is pretty clear that it was just a word play which people taken literally, much like "suicide death metal" or "Crimes in the Ocean".
    Last edited by Posthuman; 06-29-2017 at 06:36 PM.

14. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Heaven's Reflection Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

Crimes in the ocean was a joke made by the fans themselves. Somebody found a definition of "Deep Sx" and that's how it was born.

Quote Originally Posted by S.D. View Post
    They still do, just like the whole SAY10 release, people are actually counting down online to V-Day, because he made a joke. It's quite amusing, and also frustrating at times, looking in from the outside.
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    Men Without Shoulders
    Apple's Fall Far From The Tree.
    The Shadow of a Cross, burning into the ground.
    Days are getting
    Darker.

16. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

I'd have thought it's pretty much standard for release schedules and videos to be planned at least that far ahead, and a single around the start of festival season makes perfect sense. I assume most major acts have all their video, single and rough tour dates for the next two years pretty much planned before they even announce when the album's coming out, even if the news about each thing only gets made public at relatively short notice.