Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Marilyn Manson Video Clip Casting By Luizo Vega

Quote Originally Posted by MrPogo View Post
    I'd have thought it's pretty much standard for release schedules and videos to be planned at least that far ahead, and a single around the start of festival season makes perfect sense. I assume most major acts have all their video, single and rough tour dates for the next two years pretty much planned before they even announce when the album's coming out, even if the news about each thing only gets made public at relatively short notice.
    This makes sense, but it's not the 90's/2000's anymore. Seems Manson is very much 'DIY' these days, has the album all ready to release Feb 14 (unsure why people don't believe this is going ahead?) A video to be filmed in January, cut and edited etc would be ready quite soon I would imagine. Plus the video for 'Say10' seems to be 100% done, we only got a snippet of it. The video that's being filmed in January is most likely for the second video.

Remember that Manson said he had filmed 'Cupid Carries A Gun' ages ago and that was the last video released. Seems he gets everything done NOW, then he can choose when he wants to release it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemoris Inferioris View Post
    Crimes in the ocean was a joke made by the fans themselves. Somebody found a definition of "Deep Sx" and that's how it was born.

They still do, just like the whole SAY10 release, people are actually counting down online to V-Day, because he made a joke. It's quite amusing, and also frustrating at times, looking in from the outside.
    To be fair, I've never even heard of this "crimes in the ocean" joke, and I only heard others reference something about a "Ghetto Dracula" randomly. I sort of just tried to piece it together in my mind, realizing that GAOG had some hip hop and rap influences, and taking into account the sarcastic Tainted Love video, and also knowing the relevant time frame.

I was too young at the time to really read every Journal entry religiously as some of you did, and even if I did, I wouldn't have understood it.

What I'm saying is: I'm actually the one on the outside looking in, and YOU are the one on the inside. I'm a totally ignorant and oblivious bystander trying to make sense of what I hear people talking about. I don't take anything Manson says as Gospel (lol) I can't imagine what kind of person would....especially these days. But it's really an interesting phenomenon seeing some people misinterpret a question about something I know nothing about, into some kind of diehard belief that "noooo! it wasn't a joke, there WAS a Ghetto Dracula phase!!!" I don't give a shit lol I'm on the outside seeing people misunderstand my stupidity and ignorance for celeb-worship. I'm not sure whats worse.

As far as Say10 goes, I'm not sure how it's amusing or frustrating that people are taking THAT seriously. I watched the award show when he announced the title in black marker on his palm. I don't personally remember anything said or done to indicate that it was a "working title" as some have suggested, or that it was a joke altogether. Even if it was, he's since posted about it, most recently on Instagram. Tons of metal and rock magazines have published about it. AND we have a snippet of a song where he apparently says the words "satan/say10". I mean, at this point, if it was a joke, I don't think it is any longer. But maybe I'm credulous. A lot of fans for some reason think it's a joke and I frankly can't understand why, or where or what they are basing this on. If any one of you would like to place a bet, private message me. I'll bet good money that the title is "Say10". I see no reason to think otherwise.

EDIT

The only other explanation is that Manson himself is literally constantly joking about his own goddamn album title! Which, btw, I'd have to give him major troll props (lol), but nevertheless, that would be a little insane haha But hey, it's Manson we're talking about... I'm not sure who is more insane, him or his fans. (me included).
    Last edited by M Tragedy666; 01-11-2017 at 03:51 PM.

Let us not entertain the 'Ghetto Dracula' thing too far pretty please, I don't want to imagine that. GAOG was quite great in terms of it's intentional taking-the-piss parody-commentary over how now Manson himself was now the mass-marketed product, and the imagery was certainly grand. He played that era off satisfactorily on the whole.

But that age could've gone way more down south had any more within his circle been ringing in his ear 'Eminem is totally the next big thing man.'

4. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

A little insanity fills in the empty hours well. It is closely related to unbridled speculation.
    Quid ignorantia sit multi ignorant.

6. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Add Mephisto on Facebook Visit Mephisto's Instagram Channel

Last edited by Mephisto; 01-20-2017 at 04:28 AM.
    Chillin' Killin'

8. Like 5 Member(s) liked this post

Neat.

Add Mephisto on Facebook Visit Mephisto's Instagram Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Dipp Six View Post
    Neat.
    ikr
    Chillin' Killin'

11. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Luizo is not the only one preparing a video for Manson, as far as he knows, there is a video that may get out around this month of february, Vega's video will be out in August. Also, he said that there are other "stripped down" videos of Manson... It only makes me think of "videos" like Third Day.
    Vega's video supposedly will be different, with performances and shit

13. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Alice Morthem View Post
    Luizo is not the only one preparing a video for Manson, as far as he knows, there is a video that may get out around this month of february, Vega's video will be out in August. Also, he said that there are other "stripped down" videos of Manson... It only makes me think of "videos" like Third Day.
    Vega's video supposedly will be different, with performances and shit
    Source?

15. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

well we already know about the Shields video... and that should be released on V day?