Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image

Thread: Katelyn Nicole Davis

Default Katelyn Nicole Davis

All right, I'm going to post the most tasteful source I found about this. Somehow in the midst of news of the usual beheadings, shootings, political circuses, Carrie Fisher's mother succeeding her in death, and so on (God, there's so much of it), this one brought a tear to my eye today (yah, I'm usually behind on the news . . . intentionally):

http://heavy.com/news/2017/01/kately...ok-live-video/

And you know what? I wrote a lengthy, heartfelt, poetic bunch of tripe about this, which was deleted because I was automatically logged out while being distracted with other things this evening. So I'll simply say, this broke my heart, which doesn't often happen with even the worst news reports anymore. The part that broke me the most was that she'd actually made a video on instagram or one of those sites, offering herself as a shoulder to cry on for anyone depressed, urging them not to hurt themselves. This was maybe a week or two before she succumbed to the black design of things. Even though I've known what the real world is for a long time, it's still very tough to see a beautiful person, who was essentially still a child, go completely under like this. I guess I'll offer her a posthumous "thank you", even though she'll never hear it, for reminding me at one of my own most despondent times why life is worth (actively) pushing on with and living. And that also reminds me that while we all get discouraged, we do make a real difference in what the world becomes. Maybe we're like drops of water in the ocean, but you never know how big your wave will be. I never even came close to meeting this girl, and I'm pretty much numb to online carnage, since many years ago. And ironically, she helped me find hope again in a dark few days, even as I cried for her. How much more of that life and warmth could she have brought to everyone she knew, if she'd lived, at least had a chance to get started? No poor sap like me would be waxing sentimental about it on a January night, probably, but it would have been just as real. It's a pity that so often something horrible has to happen before we realize some things at all.

You were
    From a perfect world
    A world that
    Threw me away
    Today

Her heart's a bloodstained egg
    We didn't handle with care
    It's broken and bleeding
    And we can never repair

And we can never repair

I hope this video opens the eyes of naysayers, but in actuality one can not feel true understanding, only sentiment based on their Own understanding/perception.

I haven't watched the video, and I wouldn't be able to without watching through bleary, watery eyes.
    --------------------------------

Don't tell me what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by ComaRainbow View Post
    It's a pity that so often something horrible has to happen before we realize some things at all.
    Child abuse often goes undetected unfortunately, but there are signs we can look for if we suspect a child is a victim of abuse.