Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image

Thread: Epiphone T-bird pro

Follow Twiggz On Twitter Add Twiggz on Facebook Visit Twiggz's Instagram Channel

Default Epiphone T-bird pro

so i got a epiphone tbird...i've always wanted one...so i treated myself...

anyone else got one? the action on it is sky high, the strings are virtually on the fucking moon... the neck is like a bastard banana... im not a pro at setting up guitars...but i figure this baby needs more than a filing down on the nut...it needs the neck re-tensioning, intonation setting up and the bridge lowering...which is a job beyond my skills...

anyone had any problems with tbirds like this that can offer advice before i go get it set up by a pro? i have had an epiphone before, a SG special, and it was a fantastic guitar...but this is out of this world for shit set up...i can't believe that the epi factory would allow these guitars to roll out in such bad shape...

...Stand down dick fighters...

Cash is a poor mans $ money $

Man Who Fell From Earth A Gruesome Discovery's Avatar

My bassist picked up a Classic IV Pro and it was pretty great right out of the box, but who knows what happened between the factory and your front door.
    Either way, you should seek out your best local guy to do a setup. Nothing beats having a seasoned pro dial in your instrument just the way you like it.
    This space intentionally left blank.

3. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Gratz dude. I'm a guitarist myself but I've always meant to pickup a bass and play some Tool songs.
    I'm a Fender/Ibanez man so I'd probably get a fender bass or one of those newIbanez Talman basses.

Man Who Fell From Earth A Gruesome Discovery's Avatar

So... white or sunburst?
    This space intentionally left blank.

Follow Twiggz On Twitter Add Twiggz on Facebook Visit Twiggz's Instagram Channel

picked up sunburst, ive had it set up by a pro now, it plays like an absolute dream...

The trus rod giving to much back bow which i think means it was too tight...which explains why the neck was like a banana...

Ive only ever had one white instrument and im just to messy, it'd get filthed up far to quick ><

I can honestly say, it is one of the best basses i have ever played...I would highly recommend replacing the standard strap nuts for proper locking nuts though, they are a wee bit fiesty for neck diving...

Just got myself a Hartke rig too, and the sound is just sweet...

my new baby...

8. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

I have one. Plays nice out of the box. For recording I go with Precision Basses tho'