Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: feb 14 2017 - your bets

You don't need to be Beyonce to have an unconventional album release. In the day and age that the music industry is in the old ways are honestly dying as is the industry itself. Every year the album sales for artists are lower and lower overall. If he hypothetically released an album without any "foreplay" I think it would be more interesting. It would be a moment reported by obviously all the mainstream music websites. It would be more mysterious and as a result might actually do the opposite of what you think. NOW let me clear the air in saying that I do not honestly think he will go this route but many bands have done this to great effect and I think Manson trying to do it would actually be pretty cool and less typical.

I'll be happy with whatever he decides to do I just like speculating so again don't take my speculation as my 100% conviction on my part. I am not saying he will I am just saying it would be cool and feasible.
    A system organized around the weakest qualities of individuals will produce these same qualities in its leaders.

2. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Oh it would without a doubt be cool, I mean I'd think it's awesome if he did that, but it is ridiculously impractical. Manson doesn't have nearly the mainstream appeal to deploy that strategy. Sure, hardcore fans would shit their trousers, but that's a microscopic demo, and I'd say at minimum 75% of the sales of new Manson releases come from laymen music fans so-to-say, who were convinced to buy because of the promotion. I have 'Marilyn Manson' linked into my flipboard app, the dude gets maybe one unique article written about him a month right now (and that's being generous), a stark contrast to the 24/7 coverage that is given to the kinds of artists that can release an album out of the blue, and their hypermassive fanbases. If he released SAY10 tomorrow, I fully believe it'd take the mainstream music press at least 5-7 days to get their shit together over 'wait, so like, Manson dropped an album? Well, hm, guess we should write about it.'

Just speaking realistically, for Manson to release the album before at least two months of promotion is both impractical, and terrible business strategy. To think otherwise is to just disregard the reality of how big of a deal Manson is, and to not know the basics of how this sort of thing works. When you start seeing Manson's name on magazine covers and the man conducting interviews again, at that point you can be confident the full release is coming soon, but it's not happening on the 14th.

Visit cataract777's Youtube Channel

In the beginning I thought he might just drop the record on Valentine's Day. But he doesn't have any shows scheduled until July. Surely, there wouldn't be that big of a gap to begin touring if the album were to be released on the 14th.

I think we're going to get a single, maybe a video, and more detail on the record (track list etc.).

I definitely don't think the album is coming. Like the guy up above mentioned, it's not financially responsible.

We know a video is coming in June too, it wouldn't make sense for a gap to be that wide.

I am hoping he officially announces the new era with the new logo/font and SAY10 the song is released.
    Last edited by Mok; 02-04-2017 at 09:32 PM.

Visit cataract777's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Dipp Six View Post
    We know a video is coming in July too, it wouldn't make sense for a gap to be that wide.
    How do we know a video is coming in July? I missed that.

Quote Originally Posted by cataract777 View Post
    How do we know a video is coming in July? I missed that.
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...00011081536714
    https://www.facebook.com/events/1300716236638205/

I apologize, it's actually June so that's even better!

8. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

I think it's just going to be a single/video and maybe the album cover, tracklisting and release date.

10. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

A surprise album drop along with a Trump beheading video would get way more attention than any traditional marketing campaign. It's more likely we'll just get a single though I guess.

12. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

You people are being too negative. His small sample on election day has a lot of people wanting this album. I think with a good lead single he doesn't need a lot of promotion. I know we will get a single. And I think an album with 12 tracks. It's coming soon now.

14. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by EvilDead View Post
    You people are being too negative. His small sample on election day has a lot of people wanting this album. I think with a good lead single he doesn't need a lot of promotion. I know we will get a single. And I think an album with 12 tracks. It's coming soon now.
    This !

16. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post