Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: feb 14 2017 - your bets

Quote Originally Posted by A Gruesome Discovery View Post
    Remember when he said Irresponsible Hate Anthem was recorded February 14, 1997? He was off by like half a year!!!
    That was actually the first Manson show I bootlegged, just because I was SO fucking excited to see exactly wtf was going to happen that night. I remember leaving the midnight sale for Antichrist Superstar and reading the booklet while we all listened along at maximum volume in my pal's car. We'd barely started the album when I caught that bit in the booklet and was like WAIT WAT. GUISE, LOOK AT THIS SHIT!

We all made a vow then and there that wherever Manson was playing on that day we were going to fucking be there.

Never in a million years did I imagine it would be in DAYTON FUCKING OHIO and that would actually be possible, lol.

Anyway, they all backed-out for various reasons but I went through hell to make it there and, although the version of "Irresponsible Hate Anthem" he performed live that night clearly wasn't the performance on the album, there WAS a field of newsvans and R.V.s across the highway from the venue with bigass satellite dishes mounted on their rooftops. Like seriously at least 50 of them just parked there. So obviously THAT'S how he beamed the SOUNDCHECK performance back in time to be on the record, amirite? Haha.

But, yeah...w/e. The point is that THIS is the most hyped-up Valentine's Day gift Manson's promised us in TWENTY GODDAMNED YEARS and just like before I have ABSOLUTE FAITH THAT MANSON WILL FUCKING DELIVER just like he did that night.

\m/

2. Like 4 Member(s) liked this post

Part of me thinks he's abandoned physical releases. He stopped caring about single releases as soon as he got away from Interscope, and I wouldn't be surprised if he decided that physical is more cost than benefit. I also can't help but feel like perhaps the events of Nov. 8 onwards haven't caused him to make changes or additions. I think the plan was full album by February 14 but he had to alter it to being just the single/title track/full video, and I think we'll get SAY10 the song/video on the 14th and the album when it's possible. One more detail: a full video and album release would work perfectly. Manson was one of the top trending subjects on Election Day AND day 2 on Facebook. If he released a full video for SAY10, probably with more violence against political figures, he'd be golden. He'd trend everywhere and get massive sales with little overhead if he didn't even care about physical media. It would be a great marketing tactic. Even the Trump Decapitation would still work even though it trended once already. It would mix greatly with the ongoing "punching Nazis" trend, and might even get the President of the United States of America to angrily tweet at him. Manson could, with a little social engineering, become Bigger Than Satan with this one. If he got an angry tweet, he'd literally gain a popularity higher than the President.

4. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    That was actually the first Manson show I bootlegged, just because I was SO fucking excited to see exactly wtf was going to happen that night. I remember leaving the midnight sale for Antichrist Superstar and reading the booklet while we all listened along at maximum volume in my pal's car. We'd barely started the album when I caught that bit in the booklet and was like WAIT WAT. GUISE, LOOK AT THIS SHIT!

We all made a vow then and there that wherever Manson was playing on that day we were going to fucking be there.

Never in a million years did I imagine it would be in DAYTON FUCKING OHIO and that would actually be possible, lol.

Anyway, they all backed-out for various reasons but I went through hell to make it there and, although the version of "Irresponsible Hate Anthem" he performed live that night clearly wasn't the performance on the album, there WAS a field of newsvans and R.V.s across the highway from the venue with bigass satellite dishes mounted on their rooftops. Like seriously at least 50 of them just parked there. So obviously THAT'S how he beamed the SOUNDCHECK performance back in time to be on the record, amirite? Haha.

But, yeah...w/e. The point is that THIS is the most hyped-up Valentine's Day gift Manson's promised us in TWENTY GODDAMNED YEARS and just like before I have ABSOLUTE FAITH THAT MANSON WILL FUCKING DELIVER just like he did that night.

\m/
    That's awesome that you got to be there for that. He also released a chapter of his novel, the one that never actually came out, on a Valentine's Day, so I agree with you . . . whatever he drops will be a big deal . . . might be the whole album, hope so. We need a voice of sanity amidst the chaos. Or maybe just insanity that's dead-on and more charming.

6. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by HG131 View Post
    Part of me thinks he's abandoned physical releases. He stopped caring about single releases as soon as he got away from Interscope, and I wouldn't be surprised if he decided that physical is more cost than benefit. I also can't help but feel like perhaps the events of Nov. 8 onwards haven't caused him to make changes or additions. I think the plan was full album by February 14 but he had to alter it to being just the single/title track/full video, and I think we'll get SAY10 the song/video on the 14th and the album when it's possible. One more detail: a full video and album release would work perfectly. Manson was one of the top trending subjects on Election Day AND day 2 on Facebook. If he released a full video for SAY10, probably with more violence against political figures, he'd be golden. He'd trend everywhere and get massive sales with little overhead if he didn't even care about physical media. It would be a great marketing tactic. Even the Trump Decapitation would still work even though it trended once already. It would mix greatly with the ongoing "punching Nazis" trend, and might even get the President of the United States of America to angrily tweet at him. Manson could, with a little social engineering, become Bigger Than Satan with this one. If he got an angry tweet, he'd literally gain a popularity higher than the President.
    Damn that would be awesome. Only one more week of torture.

A Mental Revolution Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

Why abandon a physical release if it went so well with TPE? That was the only album we got a Box Set for, and multiple releases. Why go half-ass and do only a digital release? If you're excited to release something, wouldn't you want to release it in the best way possible?
    Last edited by Nemoris Inferioris; 02-07-2017 at 05:41 AM.
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    -The Divine Trickster-
    I Was Invited To Eat The Young
    It's A Poor Sort Of Memory That Only Works Backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by HG131 View Post
    All of this. Today doesn't require promotion because everyone wants and Needs now before discarded from memory bank of wants and needs, unless you're a strong manson fan and still holding on to possibilities of novels and films and artwork....

And on digital release, why can't there be both: digital release on VDay (DDay) and hardcopy later for the diehards that require tangible copies needed for scentsies and dissection.

Whatever comes on VDay will be sweet to me. & I honestly do not think Manson will be letting us down... will he give it all to us? Probably not, and we should be okay with that.

I'm betting on Say10 single release. & I couldn't be happier to dance around to the new single and cherish that VDay memory for years to come.

I will never forget the single release for 3rd Day... I was in my backyard celebrating my daughter's 1st birthday; the wind was blowing through bamboo leaves mimicking the sound of tidal waves, and the air was fresh and cool in the shade, my daughter circling around in her bouncer while I sat watching her with a smile, Manson & Co pumping out of my phone speaker as the single was broadcast from some online radio show...

Treasure and appreciate Art- don't be so greedy as to swallow it whole.
    --------------------------------

Don't tell me what to do.

10. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

I feel like a lot of you are setting yourselves up for disappointment.

I want the new record asap too, but I just don't see it happening.

12. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Imagine this: Manson won't release anything on Valentines Day.

Quote Originally Posted by ReversedHate View Post
    Unless MM is a total dumbass he knows that the fans expect at least something on VD ,he would have said something by now if it wasnt the case .

If you go on twitter and search the #say10 ,a lot of people are expecting something to be release ,it would be stupid to disapoint that many people

15. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Add arkahno on Facebook Follow arkahno on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by ReversedHate View Post
    I'm almost sure of this. But deep inside I've still got a little hope of at least an announcement (actual title, artcover, tracklist or something)
    But yeah, I can totally see nothing coming that day.
    Last edited by arkahno; 02-07-2017 at 01:03 PM.