Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Marilyn Manson & Christian conservatives

Quote Originally Posted by ContactingTheDead View Post
    Here's the typical lunatic Manson fan that I was ranting about earlier...

A communist who thinks he is such a hero for a cause and has "accepted his fate already" to be thrown off a bridge.

I would love to see you have a mental evaluation performed on you. Guaranteed that you would be put on some kind of meds. (Which you probably are, but too poor to afford the medication.)

Mental illness is a hell of a drug...

LMAO!

Says the man who was

banned from churches around me, because I was preaching from the Bible and they don't. I don't blindly follow a religion.
    How much of an aspie do you have to be to go into a Church and start pretending that you're Christ throwing the money changers out - oh, sorry, (((money changers))); I forgot to translate that into your native language. Do you have any idea how embarrassing it would be to be associated with you ?

And no, it isn't the hippie Christ we object to, the one who said "bless them who curse you " and "blessed are the poor, for theirs is the Kingdom of God ". It's the Culture Warriors like yourself who use your religion as a transparent smokescreen for capitalist apologia the overwhelming majority of us despise.

Also, wow, congratulations, Marilyn Manson is a capitalist. What an astute observation. Next you'll enlighten me to the fact that the phone I'm posting from is the product of capitalism - but not the stirrups I gird my horse with, which I owe feudalism for.
    Last edited by The Overman; 02-18-2017 at 03:36 PM.

2. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Follow Idunno On Twitter

Ahhhhh, gotta love society...

This forum sees someone who believes in God and tells them to "suck a ****".

This forum sees a Marxist communist and they want more information.

Haha, gotta love it...

Following a capitalist band and supporting communists.

This forum is a joke, and a majority of people know that.

38.8% bounce rate... (Ouch)

Nice fishy traffic sources too. (Seems like someone is buying fake back links)

35.17% Serbia
    19.39% Slovakia
    10.10% United States
    4.84% Russia
    4.41% Argentina

Your website is dying, because your community is hateful and cancerous...
    I wasn't the who told you to suck a dick and I also didn't say that I support all his views; I just asked him a simple question concerning something I literally have no idea about. I don't know what Communism or Marxism are, even though I should at this point (I'm 17). I can only form an opinion after I learn about something. I know more than enough about what you said though.
    "We were too dumb to run, too dead to die."

4. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

WoW.
    --------------------------------

Don't tell me what to do.

6. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Follow Idunno On Twitter

"We were too dumb to run, too dead to die."

8. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    So well, what were your experiences with Christian conservatives as a MM fan? How did they react to MM? Was it also like Dead to the World all over again?

Assuming that any actual Christian conservative Mansonites are actually reading this for whatever random one in a million coincidence, what do you like about Marilyn Manson? How and when did you become a fan?
    Well, I will never forget the day my dad’s preacher arrived to visit with him at home and I was there, wearing my MM Pale Emperor t-shirt (the one with him with arms stretched out on the stone throne), washing dad’s dishes and doing household chores (he’s disabled and I help out when I can). That was fun. Preacher didn’t say a single word to me. He did not greet me, smile at me or even acknowledge that I was there… nothing. That is all I will say about that incident.

I once divulged my affinity for Manson’s work to coworkers one day at lunch. This is a professional, very conservative Christian group, btw. One coworker asked, “Hey, what religion is he?” My response was, “I don’t know. I’ve never asked him and that’s really none of my business.”

I dressed up as Manson for Halloween one year and made the photo my profile pic on Fb. My family is very conservative and very Christian. One aunt pleaded with me to change my profile pic back to one of me “normal”. Lol She even picked the photo out that she felt I should make my profile pic. Love her dearly, though.

I somehow managed to talk my bestie into going to see MM with the Smashing Pumpkins in 2015. She is very conservative. Not so much Christian, well she identifies as such, but I have never even known of her reading, studying the bible or even going to church. However, when MM was performing Antichrist Superstar and started ripping and burning the bible, I thought she was going to faint, or at least cry. I could totally empathize though….very similar to my own reaction to the first time I witnessed him performing that particular trick. However, I was obliged to provide pro bono therapy the whole 3 hour ride home. She still tells people how she was traumatized by Marilyn Manson and that I still owe her big for going with me. For that, I may be forced to endure Nickelback again.

Conservative Christian Mansonites? I don’t feel I can define myself, or anyone else by any type of label anymore. I used to. Although, it actually just makes it easier in trying to provide some type of descriptive summation of a concept, which is why, ironically, I have in this response. I think human beings are much more complex than what is able to be defined by labels or categorization. Although, I self-identify as spiritual, not so much religious, I do enjoy reading the bible and in various versions…but I won’t go into my “beliefs” or opinions here. I don't identify as atheist nor am I explicitly conservative or liberal.

The why: What I like about MM is his ability to provoke thought. He’s like a back door surprise and a Trojan horse. At first it’s like getting punched in the gut. Once you catch your breath, though…breathe in slow and deep, baby. Swallow the red pill and let go of everything you thought you knew. That was my experience anyway. He is a great philosopher, artist and the Sage of the Age.

The how: read above. The when: I became aware of Manson back in the 90s. But, I spent that decade largely incapacitated and it’s all a blur to this day. Then, I wrote him off as just another shock rock gimmick, an Alice Cooper wannabe. However, in 2010, my teenaged son introduced me to his “non-mainstream” stuff. I took a closer look into that magic mirror.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." Ephesians 6:12, KJV

10. Like 4 Member(s) liked this post
    Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

I'm actually typing up a non-trollish reply to this to get it back on track. But all I'll say for right now is If you stare at this thread long enough, you just may develop Autosomal-dominant Compelling Helio-Ophthalmic Outburst Syndrome. God bless you all. - lol
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

12. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

You can be a christian and like 'Manson, but you cannot truly be a "Mansonite", because some of the things he espouses like "being your own god" and free-thinking, spit in the face of Christianity and all of organized religion really.
    "I'm Marilyn Manson, go fuck yourself"

14. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Your website is dying, because your community is hateful and cancerous...
    This site is also full of wonderful people!

Maybe you have to learn to keep your focus on things that will make you grow as a person instead of complaining that life isn't always fair?! - I also left this site last year, but I realized that I could learn an important lesson here, so I came back. I have never experienced the problems I had in here in real life, so I knew I had to learn something. I had to learn to not let shit get to me! So I also had to face my own shit, because everything is connected.

16. Like 4 Member(s) liked this post

Like ANY message board, this Provider Module, ironically enough, relies upon user-generated content to sustain itself.

IT IS WHAT WE MAKE IT.

Let's all help make it something good and worthy of the name.

<3

18. Like 4 Member(s) liked this post
    Strange & Unusual Sinner Halo Infinity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LightAngel View Post
    This site is also full of wonderful people!

Maybe you have to learn to keep your focus on things that will make you grow as a person instead of complaining that life isn't always fair?! - I also left this site last year, but I realized that I could learn an important lesson here, so I came back. I have never experienced the problems I had in here in real life, so I knew I had to learn something. I had to learn to not let shit get to me! So I also had to face my own shit, because everything is connected.
    There are still some valid reasons to leave a forum altogether, or to even take numerous extended breaks from it. (And not to imply that you were stating that such reasons didn't exist either.) We all don't have to be close and/or best friends either, I always got that, but I guess it just sometimes comes with the territory of forums in general. It's simply inevitable. A lot of it is just figuring out how the forum works, who and what the forums are, and what's generally tolerated and/or accepted along with what the consensus also finds agreeable and entertaining, and who and what not to mess with.

All in all, it reminds me yet again just how much you can learn from lurking and why lurking is sometimes a very important, resourceful, constructive and valuable way to utilize your time in forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    Like ANY message board, this Provider Module, ironically enough, relies upon user-generated content to sustain itself.

IT IS WHAT WE MAKE IT.

Let's all help make it something good and worthy of the name.

<3
    Agreed. As of now, Provider Module is arguably still the best Marilyn Manson forum in a long time coming. And yes, as cliche as this can be, it absolutely starts and ends with us/ourselves.

And to somehow keep this post on topic, I know it's still unlikely in most cases yet again, but if I ever find Christian conservative fans of Marilyn Manson in real life, I'd definitely still be very interested to hear their perspective on Marilyn Manson and music in general.

I also forgot to mention that another reason why topics like this interest me is also because I have seen, and still have seen Christian conservatives that condemn, avoid, abstain from, and reject literally all sorts of secular music while only being fixated on Christian music. Some even go to the point of listening to Christian music that sounds like gospel or hymns, so if it sounds in any way, shape or form secular, they'd reject/avoid it too. Obviously, not all of them are like that, but I have seen the more hardcore Christian conservatives become moral watchdogs and censors over themselves when it came to entertainment in general, which also included TV shows, movies and video games.

(It's a part of the whole "Trying to not be of the world while in the world." thing. *As far as being spiritual/religious as opposed to secular, which also includes their attempts at preventing and avoiding sin through the grace of God.* Granted, I can only speak for and from the Seventh-day Adventist perspective/belief system due to personal experience, but that really is what hardcore Adventists believe in too.)
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 03-07-2017 at 08:21 PM.