Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Marilyn Manson & Christian conservatives

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    There are still some valid reasons to leave a forum altogether, or to even take numerous extended breaks from it. (And not to imply that you were stating that such reasons didn't exist either.) We all don't have to be close and/or best friends either, I always got that, but I guess it just sometimes comes with the territory of forums in general. It's simply inevitable. A lot of it is just figuring out how the forum works, who and what the forums are, and what's generally tolerated and/or accepted along with what the consensus also finds agreeable and entertaining, and who and what not to mess with.

All in all, it reminds me yet again just how much you can learn from lurking and why lurking is sometimes a very important, resourceful, constructive and valuable way to utilize your time in forums.
    I agree with your thoughts here, but as I already said, I never had problems like this in real life, or in other forums for that matter.

It was only this forum! - It's true that this forum is what we make it, but a chain is no stronger than its weakest link.

2. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Quote Originally Posted by MarilynRezner15 View Post
    This isn't a debate forum.
    Yes, it is.
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

4. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post
    Strange & Unusual Sinner Halo Infinity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LightAngel View Post
    I agree with your thoughts here, but as I already said, I never had problems like this in real life, or in other forums for that matter.

It was only this forum! - It's true that this forum is what we make it, but a chain is no stronger than its weakest link.
    What was the actual problem you had? I'm suspecting it might've been dealing with insults and arguments/criticism? Any actual situations that you deemed toxic? (I'm still not good at dealing with those things either as I tend to avoid conflict and not rock the boat as much as possible, while ironically in some ways creating topics like this, but I'm still working on it. I know that I'm drifting yet again, but you got me curious.)

But for the most part, people here are generally civil and light hearted. Give or take some threads in the Personal Discussion section. (Much more light hearted than I thought, actually.)

Quote Originally Posted by S.D. View Post
    Yes, it is.
    Yeah. I didn't know what else could have been said. By default, any forum is a debate forum, especially if it allows an open discussion on topics such as religion, politics, philosophy and social issues surrounding the human condition.

And well. This thread still turned out much better than I thought... even in spite of that mishap. Thanks again. All of you.

6. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    What was the actual problem you had?
    Let sleeping dogs lie.

Strange & Unusual Sinner Halo Infinity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LightAngel View Post
    Let sleeping dogs lie.
    No problem. And well. My bad. It's also drift anyway. I caught myself wondering if that shouldn't have been asked, but that was after I posted. Not every question needs to be asked, let alone answered. My apologies yet again for prying. (I'm also still working on that too.)

And well, yes. Moving along here as well.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 03-08-2017 at 06:54 PM.

9. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

I am a Nun. I got into Manson in the first place because I was interested first in his interviews and hearing his beliefs and no matter if we have the same thoughts and opinions sometimes or are sometimes at odds, I can accept that and do not get offended by any of it, nor his art.

11. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by blue angel View Post
    I am a Nun.

13. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Halo Infinity View Post
    I have been around Christian conservatives my entire life.
    I guess Jesus isn't their king after all!
    Last edited by LightAngel; 05-29-2017 at 07:14 PM.

15. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

I should add that I have nothing against Jesus because a mind like that is so beautiful to me.

17. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

He's made a lot of money off of them. He's a part of their history of villains.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

19. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post