Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: That Poppy

Personas and alter egos has been used forever in art.

Pop stars crack and go insane under the massive pressure of being pop stars.

Esoteric symbolism is only used as a wink and to get people like you hooked, it's a trick to make you believe there's something more under the surface, something only you noticed, a deep mystery waiting to be solved. Of course no matter how far you dig it's still only shallow pop songs made by a pop artist.

Neon Demon is about the corrupting touch of fame and the battle for dominance.

Quote Originally Posted by Absolution View Post
    Personas and alter egos has been used forever in art.

Pop stars crack and go insane under the massive pressure of being pop stars.

Esoteric symbolism is only used as a wink and to get people like you hooked, it's a trick to make you believe there's something more under the surface, something only you noticed, a deep mystery waiting to be solved. Of course no matter how far you dig it's still only shallow pop songs made by a pop artist.

Neon Demon is about the corrupting touch of fame and the battle for dominance.
    I agree with you on what The Neon Demon is about but that's such a simple interpretation of it, I could tell you what its symbolism is about in a lot of ways that obviously deal with what you have said but that depict some real and sick things that happen behind the curtains of entertainment; you surely wouldn't agree. But by no means, no, I don't think I have noticed something that makes me special from any other human being, why the hell would I think so? In fact, I have learnt all I know from others, not by my own splendid mind but by reading and understanding other people and by, of course, making then my own assumptions. That's why I put an eight hour seminar to show what my kind of sources of information may be. I am grateful to have found such things that were able to open my mind each time a little bit more, be them philosophers, conspiracy theorists, scientists, artists or a psychoactive molecule. I really don't care as long as it makes sense to me, which is what I find relevant. Of course, I know alter egos have been used forever, and I'd tell you that's what makes it remarcable and interesting, because it creates a pattern. But it doesn't matter if you think patterns are something not to care about. I guess then that people who like Marilyn Manson not only for his music but also for his symbolism and the deeper meaning that holds A LOT of times are dumb fools who think there's something more than a drunk man singing onstage with a rock&roll band playing loud music.

To be honest all I have to say, as I won't go deeper in stuff you don't care about (you don't have to) and you think has no real deepness, is don't judge a book by its cover, nor a person by what he says in a post. As you don't know me, don't assume I think something because I pretend to be special. That judgement speaks more about you than me, as I could say the same but in the opposite direction; "people like you are the ones who by not understanding what all the esoteric symbolism comes from and means actually maintain it on the surface and make it possible to happen, and the ones who consider themselves above others by thinking they have not been fooled by a simple trick", but that would be too much to say from someone I don't know. Hope you get the example, it's about personal respect, you don't have to respect my ideas, but my persona. Don't assume things you cannot know about me, please.
    Last edited by Pink Pope; 02-13-2018 at 03:03 PM.

<3 <3 <3 <3

<3 <3 <3 <3
    Last edited by Hazekiah; 05-14-2018 at 09:03 PM.

https://twitter.com/Grimezsz/status/...236652032?s=19

Grimes and Poppy?

Worth it for the picture alone.
    Quid ignorantia sit multi ignorant.

^like.

Grimes is definite, along with Titanic and Charlotte :P
    Quid ignorantia sit multi ignorant.

OMG NEW
    FAVE SPIN