Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image

Thread: SPLIT by M. Night Shyamalan

FUCKED & FAR FROM HOME Hazekiah's Avatar

Default SPLIT by M. Night Shyamalan

NO SPOILERS!

If you're an M. Night Shyamalan fan AT ALL then you REALLY need to go see Split.

Especially if you liked, say, his first two movies in particular, because he is BACK in PEAK form! Three hot high school girls in captivity with James McAvoy giving the PSYCHOTIC performance of a LIFETIME. What's not to like?

GO SEE THIS MOVIE NOW.

2. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Couldn't agree more, I honestly feel like McAvoy should have at least gotten a nom for his performance because to be able to so seamlessly portray his characters personalities was amazing to see. As an actor he has never really impressed me but by god this performance made me go "This fucker can act!"

Without spoiling anything the ending was amazing.
    Last edited by FuckmanQ; 02-08-2017 at 05:13 PM.
    Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

4. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

About time you posted this thread damnit. This movie was great.
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    Men Without Shoulders

6. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

I haven't seen this film. Originally had no intention to until everyone started saying it was wonderful.

It had the decked stacked against it admittedly. I mean, the premise sounded stupid as all hell, what little square-sized bit teasers I saw on Facebook looked meh at best, and frankly 'psychological horror' movies haven't been good in, well god knows how long. Also, y'know, *M. Night Shyamalan*, a 1 or 2 hit wonder who's made utter dog shite the past fifteen years and who's name has become a joke synonymous with how not to make a movie.

Guess I gotsta go see it now.

8. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

How so "stupid as hell," pray tell?

But, then again, pretty much ANY movie wherein some psycho-bastard abducts three hotass teenage girls is a SURE-FIRE HIT, as far as I'M concerned.

Srsly, though...that's basically ALL the trailers hint at. How is that premise in ANY way "stupid"...?!? Likewise, this movie kinda goes BEYOND "psychological" terror way in a manner I'm not yet sure has ever been explored to this depth before.

AND OMFG PLZ NO ONE TALK SPOILERS.

As for the "how not to make a movie" b/s, I believe I've made my point clear. M. NIGHT SHYAMALAN IS BACK WITH A VENGEANCE. We'll talk again after you've actually SEEN THE MOVIE.

;)

I had to wait to see people's reaction to this movie. I watched Devil which was 'ok'. I know that he released another movie last year, don't know how the audience felt about that.
    Now that I see that more people seem to enjoy split, I might re-visit M. Night Syamalananan's films.

11. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Pablo87 View Post
    I had to wait to see people's reaction to this movie. I watched Devil which was 'ok'. I know that he released another movie last year, don't know how the audience felt about that.
    Now that I see that more people seem to enjoy split, I might re-visit M. Night Syamalananan's films.
    The Visit was god awful. a few of his films including the Visit have been filmed in my town. I have really high hopes for split now that I have only been hearing positive reviews.

I liked the Visit actually, it wasn't great or anything but I had a good time at the cinema.
    Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

Well, Shyamalan only co-wrote and produced Devil, fwiw. And it was okay, I guess.

I wasn't too impressed with The Lady in the Water or After Earth but I did like The Happening despite all the hate it gets. And I still haven't seen The Visit and I never cared about The Last Airbender franchise but it was okay for what it is, I guess. At least the hot chick from Transformers: Age of Extinction in even though she was only like 12 years old or w/e, lol.

And of course The Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, Signs, and The Village are all fucking great!

Anyway, he was definitely in a bit of a slump there for a while but I think this movie shows that he's still got it where it counts LIKE CRAZY, so I can't WAIT to see what he does next.

Feels good to have him back on top of his game again!