Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Teens React to Marilyn Manson

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

To be fair I wouldn't have expected Carlton Banks to be a Marilyn Manson fan.
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

2. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Visit cataract777's Youtube Channel

I actually found this video really enjoyable. Nice insightful questions asked at the end as well.

4. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

I think a couple of stupid things I've heard from those kids are "this ain't the kind of music I would turn on my computer to listen to", like music is something to listen on a PC, and "I love this song but I've never seen the video", like you love so much something that you didn't even never take 5 mins off PewDiePie to check the actual video. I also watched the Nirvana reaction video, when they've seen 'Heart-Shaped Box' they were all damn shocked, or artificially so, by seeing the old Jesus bits. How fucking silly you must be to be shocked or confused by such imagery? Average modern kids are so brainwashed.
    Last edited by Posthuman; 06-29-2017 at 06:39 PM.

What do you expect, I know people who have a favorite song in the world that means everything to them and they didn't even listen to the rest of the album/artist it comes from.

7. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Justsomeguy View Post
    However, the current media climate of rapid disposal and 'relevancy' is absolutely and solely unique to millennials and beyond. It's not so much about happening upon good music as it comes out and adding it to your collection, it's about the single of the weekend.
    Nonsense.

To begin with, youth generations do not create the media environment they're exposed to. Walter Cronkite and the Big Four weren't the creations of the Baby Boomers; they were the creations of the "Greatest Generation" which the Baby Boomers had no control over. Likewise, the current disposable pop culture environment is largely the product of those born at the tail end of the Baby Boom and first-and-second Generation X'ers - the people who head the record labels and film studios, the people who are employed as talent scouts and technical engineers. Even the earliest Millennials have hardly begun to fill these positions as of yet.

Moreover, it isn't "unique to Millennials". It isn't even at its worst today. The disco period was notorious even in its own time for being an age of one-hit wonders; at one point a hundred unique disco albums were being released each day, virtually all of which were disposable. It's in the nature of pop culture, and particularly of dance music itself, to be disposable.

And, finally, the decentralized nature of the Internet makes this inevitable. As more people are capable of expressing their talents without the filter of label or radio interests, fewer and fewer acts will be 'timeless'; we will cease to periodize eras by their cultural expressions. This is hardly a bad thing - there was far more to the 1960s than Credence Clearwater Revival and Bob Dylan, though you wouldn't know it from any medium that glossed over the era.

My sister wore a Manson shirt while working a girl scout cookie booth the other day.... her vest open enough to showcase the shock logo and mm scrolled beneath. 16 and blazen.
    --------------------------------

Don't tell me what to do.

10. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

^ HOTTEST GIRL SCOUT EVER???

Pix, plz.

XD

Roflmfao
    If she wants to post here, so be it

13. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

Whenever I was a teenager, I reacted to Manson by jerking off to Fuck Frankie. I even went so far as to try and deepen my voice while knocking one out during the "Say it. ....Say it." parts. It was pretty awkward I guess you could say.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

15. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Shangri-LIE View Post
    Whenever I was a teenager, I reacted to Manson by jerking off to Fuck Frankie. I even went so far as to try and deepen my voice while knocking one out during the "Say it. ....Say it." parts. It was pretty awkward I guess you could say.
    I used to fall asleep to different albums- I remember having a 5 disk cd changer- Manson albums dominated the player, obviously.

My best friend slept over and Manson's SLC was in the rotation. She woke scared shitless to Fuck Frankie. It was hilarious at the time, and still makes me chuckle a bit, yet

I still contemplate if I (my interests, my mannerisms, etc.) may've had an impact on her very fragile psyche.

17. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post