Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Teens React to Marilyn Manson

Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by YoureAlreadyHere View Post
    I used to fall asleep to different albums- I remember having a 5 disk cd changer- Manson albums dominated the player, obviously.

My best friend slept over and Manson's SLC was in the rotation. She woke scared shitless to Fuck Frankie. It was hilarious at the time, and still makes me chuckle a bit, yet

I still contemplate if I (my interests, my mannerisms, etc.) may've had an impact on her very fragile psyche.
    I knew somebody who did the same thing, but woke to the hidden Untitled track, and they didn't know it was on the CD, so it scared them like hell. Pretty funny. I also once woke up to King Kill 33 and it had a similar effect on me lol.
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    Men Without Shoulders

2. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

I always sleep to music, recently I slept to to a combination of THEOL-TPE. It was quite an enjoyable experience. I definitely consider that a new trilogy.
    Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

4. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Trilogy is an awkward word for me to attach to manson because I can't separate any of it into chunks other than the individual albums separate from each other....however, the intro for TPE's Birds of hell awaiting will always echo THEOL's I have to look up just to see hell
    --------------------------------

Don't tell me what to do.

6. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    FUCKED & FAR FROM HOME Hazekiah's Avatar

I used to fall asleep to different albums- I remember having a 5 disk cd changer- Manson albums dominated the player, obviously.

My best friend slept over and Manson's SLC was in the rotation. She woke scared shitless to Fuck Frankie. It was hilarious at the time, and still makes me chuckle a bit, yet

I still contemplate if I (my interests, my mannerisms, etc.) may've had an impact on her very fragile psyche.
    One can only hope!

Back in the day when I was a teen, I'd occasionally just leave a single CD on repeat while my pals and I got wasted on booze and weed and passed in and out of consciousness for a few days. Few CDs were better for that purpose at the time than Smells Like Children (plus it was new-ish) and yeah...it was definitely some INSANELY AWESOME and creepy-cute nightmare-feul, lol. Especially the original version!

Also, I still use and adore my 5-disc CD changer and I LOVE IT MORE AND MORE EVERY DAY.

Had a lot of fun decorating it, too.

XD

8. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Phones dead, and not turning on MacBook, so this will have to do for share lol
    Spoke of SLC and it appeared.., as actually behind counter after searching for manson gold for nearly an hour and a half... Pale pink hat vs the current (newer) copy I have...
    And then there is the Alex grey signature 10,000 days gem I found ;) your disk changer prompted me a must share :P
    [IMG][/IMG]

10. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Trilogy is an awkward word for me to attach to manson because I can't separate any of it into chunks other than the individual albums separate from each other....however, the intro for TPE's Birds of hell awaiting will always echo THEOL's I have to look up just to see hell
    While I definitely agree with you I also feel like they are very related to each other. The same way that I feel ACSS-HW are related. That is something I've recently come to realizing and understanding. The way they're connected Thematically in my personal opinion is clear. :)

12. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by FuckmanQ View Post
    While I definitely agree with you I also feel like they are very related to each other. The same way that I feel ACSS-HW are related. That is something I've recently come to realizing and understanding. The way they're connected Thematically in my personal opinion is clear. :)
    I can see similarities, just as I can see themes through out all of Manson's discography, but using trilogy generally entails character developement- the first triplet, however, independent characters prevail, seamless maybe, but different indeed. .. An entire thread chain to be made, even though endless threads exist.
    The arc from THEOL-TPE, maybe I see what you're saying, but ultimately we have been able to witness Manson's arc from the beginning. It's the end.

14. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

I can see similarities, just as I can see themes through out all of Manson's discography, but using trilogy generally entails character developement- the first triplet, however, independent characters prevail, seamless maybe, but different indeed. .. An entire thread chain to be made, even though endless threads exist.
    The arc from THEOL-TPE, maybe I see what you're saying, but ultimately we have been able to witness Manson's arc from the beginning. It's the end.
    I am mainly referring to Manson as the character of the arc yes. Since his albums became more personal those three albums perfectly represent where he was mentally at the time. I also agree that essentially that is the case with witnessing him progress from Portrait to now but in terms of the way the character of Manson found his way again THEOL-TPE really focus on that in retrospect. THEOL was in a time when he didn't know how to be himself, Born Villain was when he rediscovered himself, Pale Emperor is him fully embracing the moniker of who he is and what he is. That is at least how I look at those three albums nowadays, each persons own interpretation is valid though. :)

16. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post