Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Potential song titles on Say10 and Album Art

Haven't seen it, would live to see it though. Any chance on finding it somewhere?

2. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

I can't find it. Haz would probably remember it; it was posted in the thread about Eat Me, Drink Me speculation on The Heirophant prior to the release of that album.
    To revenge the misdeeds of the ruling class, there existed in the middle ages, in Germany, a secret tribunal, called the “Vehmgericht.” If a red cross was seen marked on a house, people knew that its owner was doomed by the “Vehm.”

All the houses of Europe are now marked with the mysterious red cross.

4. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Visit cataract777's Youtube Channel

I would probably expect song titles similar to something like Children of Cain.

6. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    My world is unaffected... Unpretty Unsafe's Avatar
    Add Unpretty Unsafe on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Dipp Six View Post
    For real, I think it would be quite refreshing to get something like that fake album art that doesn't just have his face on it. As much as I like GAOG, that album art is so underwhelming.
    I wish this would have ended up as the album cover...

But I think Disney threatened to sue. I don't recall exactly, it's been a long time. Regardless, Disney couldn't have been too pissed off because 3 years later, he'd appear on The Nightmare Before Christmas soundtrack. I still chuckle when I look at my copy of the album, and see Disney Records and Marilyn Manson as track 1 haha

On topic though, I wouldn't mind a Manson-less album cover for SAY10. It'd be the first Manson record since POAAF that didn't have him on the cover, and I fucking LOVE that album cover.

8. Like 6 Member(s) liked this post

I love every album cover so far though but GAOG is my least favorite. I'm not that concerned with the album cover as long as the music sounds good. I remember alot of people disliked the cover for THEOL but i actually like it.

THEOL had a terrific cover, for what it's worth. And as bland as the GAOG cover is, at least it isn't actively ugly like the Born Villain artwork.

Manson doesn't do well with picking covers. He had two perfectly obvious pieces of cover art for both Born Villain and The Pale Emperor and he settled for less impressive photographs each time.

To revenge the misdeeds of the ruling class, there existed in the middle ages, in Germany, a secret tribunal, called the “Vehmgericht.” If a red cross was seen marked on a house, people knew that its owner was doomed by the “Vehm.”

All the houses of Europe are now marked with the mysterious red cross.

11. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

The BV cover was especially awful due to the fact he was working with Dean Karr again around that time, and instead went with the most basic, boring, ugly design I can think of. But of course, that was probably only due to his then girlfriend taking the photo...

There's plenty of much more visually appealing photos from that time:

etc

13. Like 4 Member(s) liked this post
    My world is unaffected... Unpretty Unsafe's Avatar
    Add Unpretty Unsafe on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by The Overman View Post
    Does anyone remember the fan-made album art for Eat Me, Drink Me? (It didn't try passing itself off as legit.) It was vaguely similar to the artwork for Portrait Of An American Family, with a deranged recreation of the lunch scene from Alice In Wonderland with a twisted Mad Hatter and a monstrous rabbit on it. I believe there was a heart on a dinner plate.

Something along those lines would be ideal. I'm very tired of seeing Manson's face plastered over everything.
    That sounds soooooo familiar! Googled and Googled and Googled, to no avail. Only thing that comes close is this...

99.9% sure that that's the work of that goddamn genius, Bullsik. Love his work, especially his Manson stuff. It's insane.

15. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Unpretty Unsafe View Post
    That sounds soooooo familiar! Googled and Googled and Googled, to no avail. Only thing that comes close is this...

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...d17a84fbf6.jpg

99.9% sure that that's the work of that goddamn genius, Bullsik. Love his work, especially his Manson stuff. It's insane.

Nope, this time it isn't Bullsik, it's Zoe Lacchei. I remember really liking her artworks of Manson a few years ago.

17. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by The Overman View Post
    THEOL had a terrific cover, for what it's worth. And as bland as the GAOG cover is, at least it isn't actively ugly like the Born Villain artwork.

Manson doesn't do well with picking covers. He had two perfectly obvious pieces of cover art for both Born Villain and The Pale Emperor and he settled for less impressive photographs each time.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...rn_VIllain.jpg
    http://cdn.antiquiet.com/wp-content/...le-emperor.jpg
    That Born Villian cover would of been better but still not great. That photo feels more old and worn than the more modern current album cover. It feels western which the album doesn't really feel like, especially with that font. The current album cover is a lot more modern with the colour mint, black and white colour scheme which fits the songs more. So in a way the colour scheme is appropriate. But the imagery is still lack-lusted.

The main problem is that it is difficult to define what 'Born Villian' is, so then it is more difficult to find a photo to represent it. There wasn't much imagery that came out that time either that I felt really helped to define it. The tours didn't do much to help either.

Other album covers felt right because they felt like they represented the music and the era. They laid out what the atmosphere would feel like and what to expect. POAF showed a more childish imagery with the little clay figures and setting. It used bright green and orange orange, quite immature colours and a bit halloween-y. ACSS laid out the more scratched, broken and damaged with a lot darker colours and shows the worm in its final state (however I would say its lower down on album covers I like). MA is probably my favourite album cover, it is empty, sterilised and modern. It shows the lost transvestite alien of the story. HW is again darker, but in a more old worn way than with clear religious imagery. GOAG isn't a great cover, the Mickey Mouse image would be better as it is more sharp and precise. That cover feels more like it represents the song Spade than the whole album. But that isn't to say it is on the level as BV. EMDM is another good example, it uses red, black and worn out oranges. I feel like this one needed Manson as it is a lot more personal album. HEOL, I don't really know how I feel about it. The violent red in contrast with the depressing blues does represent the mood a lot. But it doesn't feel as chaotic as the album feels, that album cover feels too calm. PE is probably my second favourite cover so I have to disagree with the other photo you suggested. It represents the bluesy old style with whites and blacks. It also shows the swagger this album has with that pose. For some reason that album cover always reminds me of Michael Jacksons thriller album cover:

Back onto the topic of BV, The Dean Karr photos that Dipp posted were good, but don't really feel like an album cover or doesn't really represent the era much. Some of the photos had greek mythology elements yet he covered more biblical references. This goes back to the problem of what is Born Villian. Even the title doesn't really feel like it represents the album.

Back onto the actual topic of this thread, from the current video of say10 we have gotten, I don't really know what to imagine. I guess it is going to be a lot more modern but less slick than PE. I feel like it won't be a closeup of his face, I hope it is not. Imagine if he chooses to puts the decapitated 'Trump' doll as the cover (not one of the photos we've gotten so far or from the music clip but a new photo).

19. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post