Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Confirmed Members of SAY10 Era

My world is unaffected... Unpretty Unsafe's Avatar
    Add Unpretty Unsafe on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by The Overman View Post
    I feel like, if you knew who Twiggy was and what his style of writing generally sounded like but weren't aware that he didn't contribute to the writing of The Pale Emperor, you wouldn't notice his absence at all.
    True, to a degree. Because before knowing he DIDN'T write on the record, I would have bet money he at least wrote "Deep Six" with Manson. That speaks volumes though to Tyler's talent, that he wrote around Manson's voice and still within the style of what Marilyn Manson is, was, and could be.

Still though, hope Twig's on there somewhere. It's a shame we didn't hear much outta Fred Sablan in his time in the band (despite a minor writing credit on "Slo-Mo-Tion"), through no fault of his own, but hopefully Twiggy's still a contributor.

Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

TBH I'd rather have MM and Tyler in the studio by themselves. Twiggy has done two albums before TPE, so he can get a break.
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    Men Without Shoulders
    Apple's Fall Far From The Tree.
    The Shadow of a Cross, burning into the ground.
    Days are getting
    Darker.

Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

And please correct the title, the grammar is killing me.
    Memento Mori
    619208 919 4514
    Men Without Shoulders
    Days are getting
    Darker.

4. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Hallelujah motherfuckers thatrussianman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dipp Six View Post
    "I'm bringing back Satanic death metal rap next-".
    I listened to the whole interview. When does he say that?
    I'm not actually Russian.

Quote Originally Posted by thatrussianman View Post
    I listened to the whole interview. When does he say that?
    2:48

Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Dipp Six View Post
    2:48
    We haven't heard that for almost a decade now. - lol
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

8. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Unpretty Unsafe View Post
    True, to a degree. Because before knowing he DIDN'T write on the record, I would have bet money he at least wrote "Deep Six" with Manson. That speaks volumes though to Tyler's talent, that he wrote around Manson's voice and still within the style of what Marilyn Manson is, was, and could be.

Still though, hope Twig's on there somewhere. It's a shame we didn't hear much outta Fred Sablan in his time in the band (despite a minor writing credit on "Slo-Mo-Tion"), through no fault of his own, but hopefully Twiggy's still a contributor.
    I was floored by the fact Twiggy didn't play on TPE. Like you said, I definitely heard him all over the place, most notably on Deep Six and Third Day, etc. So, as a longtime Twiggy partisan, it'd be kinda shitty to see him reduced to the role of a live bassist, but maybe it's by choice and he doesn't want the pressure of being responsible for creating the music from beginning to end. Who knows. Still hope he contributed to the upcoming record though.

10. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

I'm praying (lol) that Twiggy is involved with this album! I get what you guys are saying about how most of us heard Twiggy on TPE but he wasn't. I agree. Bates can have that kind of sound. But I think Twiggy is just overall a more interesting writer. THEOL was 100% better album to me, and Twiggy had a lot of involvement in that. TPE was great, but I don't find myself going back and listening to that album as much as I listen to THEOL. THEOL has more substance. TPE is great in the fact that it is cinematic and sounds like it could be from a movie, but in the same way, it is cinematic, sounds like a movie, and kind of gets old. Still a great album with Bates's writing, but not as good as Twiggy in my opinion. Plus, I think Twiggy is more fun live. Tyler seems as if he is up there playing a part, while Twiggy IS the character he created. (I do know that Twiggy is not being replaced live or anything.)

12. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

I Disagree.
    Memento Mori
    619208 919 4514
    Men Without Shoulders
    Days are getting
    Darker.

Now I love THEOL and it's one of my favorites, but how anyone can unironically say that it has better songwriting than TPE is honestly mindblowing to me.

15. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post