Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Confirmed Members of SAY10 Era

Quote Originally Posted by Dipp Six View Post
    Now I love THEOL and it's one of my favorites, but how anyone can unironically say that it has better songwriting than TPE is honestly mindblowing to me.
    Yeah. I think THEOL is irredeemably awful, but I don't lay the blame for that at the feet of Twiggy and Vrenna. What's even more bizarre is to say Bates was "playing a part" when onstage. Bates was an absolute beast live, and lived and breathed those songs whether he wrote them or not. Easily right up there with John5 as the best live guitarist the group has ever had, and was always egging the crowd on and trying to get them more involved during the two times I saw him perform with the group (so was Twiggy, for that matter). That guy single-handedly breathed new life into a band that really seemed to have run into a brick wall and was not going anywhere (anywhere interesting, at least). As a fan, I was hoping Bates and Twiggy would do some writing together for the new album since both can deliver the goods. If it turns out it was just another Manson/Bates/Sharone affair, then I hope Twiggy sticks around for the touring cycle. Twiggy is to Manson what Robin Finck is to NIN. Both are absolutely crack musicians and in the long run, NIN didn't feel complete without Finck around, and Manson became less interesting the longer Twiggy was away.

2. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

My biggest problem with the albums w/vrenna is that the programmed drums sound absolutely shit.

4. Like 4 Member(s) liked this post
    Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST
    Follow Cringeon On Twitter Add Cringeon on Facebook Visit Cringeon's Instagram Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Dipp Six View Post
    Now I love THEOL and it's one of my favorites, but how anyone can unironically say that it has better songwriting than TPE is honestly mindblowing to me.
    I guess it depends on what you measure "better" by. I will be the first to admit that the production on TPE is miles above THEOL, and Tyler is a gifted musician - but I don't think the music on TPE is nearly as adventurous. Twiggy is more daring with the multiple directions (sometimes in a single song) he goes, TPE has the strength of cohesion but I don't know if that equates "better". TPE excels in areas THOEL doesn't, but for me as a listener the latter takes me on a much more personal journey and across a more varied musical landscape.

Blowjob.

6. Like 5 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Cringeon View Post
    TPE has the strength of cohesion but I don't know if that equates "better". TPE excels in areas THOEL doesn't, but for me as a listener the latter takes me on a much more personal journey and across a more varied musical landscape.
    THEOL's lack of "cohesion" is part of the appeal, for me. THEOL is a record to wallow in, to lose yourself in. I appreciate TPE quite a bit, but it lacks that particular quality; it lacks the "Twiggy Effect," it would seem.

8. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Part of the reason I ever got into Marilyn Manson in the first was because he produced some of the most cohesive, back-to-front cohesive records I'd ever heard, and I'm still impressed by how coherent those first six albums are. I don't feel it works nearly as well without that focus.
    To revenge the misdeeds of the ruling class, there existed in the middle ages, in Germany, a secret tribunal, called the “Vehmgericht.” If a red cross was seen marked on a house, people knew that its owner was doomed by the “Vehm.”

All the houses of Europe are now marked with the mysterious red cross.

10. Like 6 Member(s) liked this post
    A Mental Revolution Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Aint View Post
    THEOL's lack of "cohesion" is part of the appeal, for me. THEOL is a record to wallow in, to lose yourself in. I appreciate TPE quite a bit, but it lacks that particular quality; it lacks the "Twiggy Effect," it would seem.
    Ok, well we got a lot of that "Twiggy Effect" on BV, and a lot of people seem to not like BV as much. Twiggy is sometimes a Hit Or Miss, maybe because he writes in a certain punk style, like the distorted guitars and strange chords he plays. I believe he is a better writer than player, which some people can agree with. I'd be happy if he'd play Bass on and produced SAY10, so his presence in the album is there, but i'd rather have Tyler in full control, not Twiggy. No hate whatsoever, but i feel Tyler is a better choice to make executive decisions on a album. I mean, THEOL, and a lot of BV is great, like GREAT, but nothing like TPE, style-wise, Production-Wise, and Writing-wise. I'd definitely like to see them both Collaborate together (As a band) and create a badass album.
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    -The Divine Trickster-
    I Was Invited To Eat The Young
    It's A Poor Sort Of Memory That Only Works Backwards.

12. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Nemoris Inferioris View Post
    I'd definitely like to see them both Collaborate together (As a band) and create a badass album.
    We are in agreement, on this point. I would very much like to hear a record where, both, Tyler and Twiggy played a prominent role in its creation.

14. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post
    Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Aint View Post
    You know what, although I don't necessarily think this is what they meant, your assessment of The High End Of Low makes sense in relation to Manson and Twiggy's claim that it's the album they "should've made" after Holy Wood. They aren't particularly similar musically, but they are definitely the two Manson albums - I feel - that take you on the longest, and most satisfying journeys.
    Antichrist Superstar does this, but is also too vitriolic and sinister to really draw you in. I think that was the intent though. Holy Wood and ...Low are far more approachable, and have multiple layers on which the listener can engage with the trajectory.
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

16. Like 5 Member(s) liked this post
    Original AIDS provider.

Quote Originally Posted by 303 View Post
    My biggest problem with the albums w/vrenna is that the programmed drums sound absolutely shit.
    Yep, THEOL is passable apart from being a massive waste of the talent they had around, BV is just an abomination of a drum sound. What makes it worse is that Vrenna seemed to have preferred doing it that way simply because it was easier and seemed almost proud of the fact that they were, essentially, lazy about it.
    My avatar looks like a mix of NIN, My Chemical Romance, and Chris Vrenna

18. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Just to confirm: Twiggy did not participate in the writing of the upcoming record?