Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Confirmed Members of SAY10 Era

My world is unaffected... Unpretty Unsafe's Avatar
    Add Unpretty Unsafe on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Lord MeowMeow View Post
    Just to confirm: Twiggy did not participate in the writing of the upcoming record?
    Seems to be the case =\

Before Tyler came back into the fold, after it seemed he and Manson had a brief falling out, Manson said he was writing the next record with Twiggy. I believe that was during the Reddit AMA, in 2015.

But according to the recent interview Tyler did, it seems Heaven Upside Down is yet again a collaboration strictly between Manson and Tyler, with Gil on drums. Which, hey, that's a fucking dream team! But the lack of Twiggy does bum me out. I don't want him pulling a Ginger, and leaving because he wasn't being utilized. At least Twiggy's on bass though live. Much better on bass than he was on guitar. It suits him best.

2. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Unpretty Unsafe View Post
    Seems to be the case =\

Before Tyler came back into the fold, after it seemed he and Manson had a brief falling out, Manson said he was writing the next record with Twiggy. I believe that was during the Reddit AMA, in 2015.

But according to the recent interview Tyler did, it seems Heaven Upside Down is yet again a collaboration strictly between Manson and Tyler, with Gil on drums. Which, hey, that's a fucking dream team! But the lack of Twiggy does bum me out. I don't want him pulling a Ginger, and leaving because he wasn't being utilized. At least Twiggy's on bass though live. Much better on bass than he was on guitar. It suits him best.

Thanks for the clarification, and what a shame. Yeah, I can totally see Twiggy doing a Ginger and exiting stage left if he's effectively been relegated to a touring member of the group.

Manson and Ginger's relationship always confused me. Ginger was around for so long, but I never got the sense their relationship was anything other than business. Manson never even let him do all he could do, and would actively stamp out him trying to branch out didn't he? What a waste of talent.

5. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post
    Visit cataract777's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Dipp Six View Post
    Manson and Ginger's relationship always confused me. Ginger was around for so long, but I never got the sense their relationship was anything other than business. Manson never even let him do all he could do, and would actively stamp out him trying to branch out didn't he? What a waste of talent.
    Yeah, it's strange seeing as they've been together for all these years. But not all long term friendships form into a brotherly kind of relationship like with Manson and Twiggy. Some are easy to break. At least Ginger's talent is no longer being wasted. He gets to shine with Zombie. Same with John 5. They're both happy with where they are.

7. Like 4 Member(s) liked this post

Personally i dont think it such a bad thing Twiggy didnt help write TPE or HUD ,dont get me wrong ,i love the guy's work on the trilogie and in goon moon ,but the lat two album he did with MM didnt do so well ,both with critics and fans alike ,MM needed some fresh blood and Tyler brought that to the table

It would still make me sad to see Twiggy leave thought ,he's a great bassistand he has a great presence on stage
    Sorry for my poor english ,i'm a french Canadian from Montréal

9. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Visit cataract777's Youtube Channel

Twiggy's stage prescence has been better, now he just looks bored and like he's going through with the motions.

I didn't mind him being put to the side for The Pale Emperor and Heaven upside Down now that we know Manson is capable of making pretty good music without him. But people like nostalgia.

Quote Originally Posted by cataract777 View Post
    Twiggy's stage prescence has been better, now he just looks bored and like he's going through with the motions.

I didn't mind him being put to the side for The Pale Emperor and Heaven upside Down now that we know Manson is capable of making pretty good music without him. But people like nostalgia.

Definitely not a preference for nostalgia. Just would have been cool to see Twiggy and Bates work together and contribute the full range of their talents to the same album since they seem to be in a good place, creatively speaking, and seemingly get along. From the perspective of a fan, I like the impact both of them have had on the band in recent years by helping it evolve into something more coherent and interesting.

12. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post