Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dating.

Default Dating.

I am 22, and I have never dated before, except for two dates with a girl before I went off to college, and the friendship afterwards also crashed and burned, do to her not liking a 9/11 joke I posted on my fb wall on 9/11 2013.

I'm not one for the bar or the club scene, I've been to a night club once, and it was just an empty floor, with some bars around it, with weird music that I am not into playing, I don't see the attraction.

I'm thinking that friends of friends would be a good place to start, just to see if something happens, not to force anything of course.

Anyways, as someone with little experience, advice would be appreciated, of course.
    "I'm Marilyn Manson, go fuck yourself"

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Quote Originally Posted by GetDownOnYourKnees View Post
    the friendship afterwards also crashed and burned, do to her not liking a 9/11 joke
    Is the first half of this sentence the 9/11 joke?
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

3. Like 6 Member(s) liked this post

A system organized around the weakest qualities of individuals will produce these same qualities in its leaders.

5. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

You just have to 1.) Not give a fuck 2.) Pretend to be nice/care but not too much 3.) Just get out there and fucking mingle 4.) Pretend that you're still a hurt child but have a bad side that needs mothering/nurturing and 5.) Get drunk with a group full of womenz, tell them that you're gay and then eventually say that you've never had sex with a woman before so you're not really sure if you're gay or not then laugh about it. Works like a charm sometimes.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

7. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Muddy Knees

My only suggestion is for you is to stop "looking" for someone to be with, and instead just have fun doing things you enjoy. While merely living your life the way you'd wish, maybe you'll start conversing with an interesting woman who shares a similar interest in the process. You never know, perhaps something will spark between you and a relationship will blossom. This has been the very foundation behind the overwhelming majority of women I've ever dated, and it's not like I ever had to change anything from what I would have been doing normally. It may just surprise you what can happen organically in this fashion.

Barring that... maybe try online dating sites? I've never touched them because it feels like people being treated like cattle, but it works for some. We live in an increasingly digital world, so finding someone online isn't nearly as unusual (and sometimes preferable, in general). I'd just recommend being happy doing your own thing, and whatever clicks clicks.

9. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
    My only suggestion is for you is to stop "looking" for someone to be with, and instead just have fun doing things you enjoy. While merely living your life the way you'd wish, maybe you'll start conversing with an interesting woman who shares a similar interest in the process. You never know, perhaps something will spark between you and a relationship will blossom.
    I can only echo this. And as one of those 'women' type creatures, I would suggest that trying hard is not really all that appealing and it is easy to spot. Take up activities that involve people (not going to shitty clubs) and you will meet more. Go out with friends to places you enjoy and talk to people there. Try some dating sites as they act as a place for quick introductions reasonably efficiently, but don't be discouraged if they are hit and miss. Just be yourself.

Whatever you do, don't listen to Shangri-LIE.
    Quid ignorantia sit multi ignorant.

11. Like 5 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by GetDownOnYourKnees View Post

Anyways, as someone with little experience, advice would be appreciated, of course.
    Be careful with emotional vampires, but if you love yourself, then you will attract the right people, it's as simple as that ;)

13. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Enname View Post
    Whatever you do, don't listen to Shangri-LIE.
    ^She's right.

But look, man. In all reality all you have to do is if you see someone who catches your eye, pretend to know her somehow or through someone, tell her that she seems like a really interesting person but you really have to bust a nut and just straight up ask if she wants to fuck or not. It's not that hard. Pun not intended.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

Unless they personally knew a victim, I'd say 12 years is MORE than enough time to safely tell a 9/11 joke.

So basically THEIR LOSS.

But you're already meeting fellow fans with shared interests and doing so under the name GetDownOnYourKnees so I'm sure you're already on the right path and it'll work itself out, no worries.

16. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

I've never had to date really, on a count of being with my high school girlfriend for the last 15 + years. But from what I've learned from friends, family, and just listening to the way that people talk and watching how they act, I'd say don't do it. People are too crazy these days.

There are easier and less complicated ways to get sex and easier and less complicated ways to get companionship.

But in the off chance that you get lucky like I did, the advice I always give people is: when you find one that isn't crazy, lock that shit down.

18. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post