Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not a "Change Of", but rather a "Finally Getting Into" Style.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    Wear whatever you want and if you want and if it makes you feel good then that's fine.

There's nothing wrong with anything you described, especially not some simple, tasteful hats.

Anyone who says otherwise is just being a stupid, judgmental asshole and you can tell them the guy in pigtails told them they can point their fucking finger up their ass.

:)
    Yeah that's fine and dandy to say to a thirteen year old girl trying to 'discover herself,' but if you're a grown man just trying to incorporate some personal yet 'out there' style to his daily wear, good on you, but there are rules, no ifs ands or buts about it unless you're staunchly committed to a certain alternative subculture as a fundamental part of your identity and lifestyle. I don't get the feeling that's the case with this man.

Not trying to advocate 'confoooormity' here. Anything but actually. A sense of balls when it comes to a unique personal style goes a long way in so many aspects, and I'll promote that all day long in the face of basic-bro boringness among men. However, different people suit and pull off different things.

I'm with YoureAlreadyHere. Let that mane be shown brotha!

2. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

We're talking about black hair, black clothes, black hats, and maybe the occasional white shirt.

Not exactly earth-shattering stuff or hard to pull off.

Anyone who thinks that's something that needs to be guarded against or is "against the rules" is just...being ridiculous.

We're talking about black hair, black clothes, black hats, and maybe the occasional white shirt.

Not exactly earth-shattering stuff or hard to pull off.

Anyone who thinks that's something that needs to be guarded against or is "against the rules" is just...being ridiculous.
    Certainly, but there's a big difference between a likeable lookin' guy in a snappy leather half-trench and black tshirt, and 'that guy' everyone stares at on the bus. 'That guy' ain't a bad thing, all power to those who want to go for that, but I didn't happen to notice any pvc pants and floor-length HW-style overcoats.

Not guarding against anything. The entirety of my wardrobe is black, my hair is near-black and I'll wear the odd fedora in winter. I agree with dressing however you want, but there's also such a thing as pulling off the best version of it off based on your unique look and personality. You don't want to look like an idiot. If a dude wants practical style advice I'll give mine.

I'd say that when your advice consists of "burn your hats lest you look like a fat, douchebag, unfuckable idiot" while simultaneously calling that "practical advice" and "not guarding against anything" somehow then maybe it's time to take it down a notch or just step away entirely.

As I already said, that's just completely ridiculous and I'll even add preposterously overbearing while we're at it.

Quote Originally Posted by YoureAlreadyHere View Post
    Let's see your natural hair. Dye might just kill it and make it horse hair high maintenance bullshit.

Let's see those locks!
    Still looks like this:

"I'm Marilyn Manson, go fuck yourself"

7. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Out there? what's so out there about black jeans and t-shirts?

Sure it's dark, but I'm not going to wear a trench coat or anything.
    "I'm Marilyn Manson, go fuck yourself"

I'd say that when your advice consists of "burn your hats lest you look like a fat, douchebag, unfuckable idiot" while simultaneously calling that "practical advice" and "not guarding against anything" somehow then maybe it's time to take it down a notch or just step away entirely.

As I already said, that's just completely ridiculous and I'll even add preposterously overbearing while we're at it.
    Obviously I was being hyperbolic. The general point was that trilbys look good on next to nobody, and make 99% of people look like dopes, so it's best to stay away from them just to be safe.

I'm giving the same advice any image consultant would. These days it's like a golden age for men's getups, in that it's more appropriate and encouraged for guys to have a personal and unique sense of style. It's wicked, but I'm only trying to help by sorting out what can be pulled off. I wouldn't recommend a middle aged balding father of three dress like ziggy stardust, but certainly there are some chaps who absolutely can. There's 'you do you' and there's looking like a moron. Again, that's merely my advice. Perhaps the tone is aggressive, but we're all trying to answer the same original question.

As for you getdown! You're a handsome fella man, got a little bit of a skinnier beardless Tom Hardy look to you. What you're wearing there looks great. You'd look good in brown leather. Still, just ditch the trilbys. If you want to be a hat guy, you could actually pull off like a subdued brown or dark grey fedora in the cold months if you wanted.

10. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Dye your hair yourself my dude. Black is easy as fuck to pull off at home by yourself, especially with hair that short. Just follow the instructions and don't buy the cheapest box in the store and you're good to go.

Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter Add Shangri-LIE on Facebook

I say the best look that one could have is for the type of job field you plan on entering. Some of the darkest citizens in our society look like good sumaritam's. Lawyers and doctors etc.. Be deceptive.

13. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post
    Follow Twiggz On Twitter Add Twiggz on Facebook Visit Twiggz's Instagram Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Shangri-LIE View Post
    I say the best look that one could have is for the type of job field you plan on entering. Some of the darkest citizens in our society look like good sumaritam's. Lawyers and doctors etc.. Be deceptive.
    I know some incredibly "good Samaritans" with fucking SICK DARK humour. i mean, like, absolutely vile humour. theyre probably some of my best friends. haha.

Be yourself man! Impress yourself, before you set out to impress other people...if your happy with yourself you've won half the battle...

...Stand down dick fighters...

Cash is a poor mans $ money $