Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not a "Change Of", but rather a "Finally Getting Into" Style.

Default Not a "Change Of", but rather a "Finally Getting Into" Style.

For the longest time, I have liked black, wanted black hair, and to wear mostly black.

I am finally getting around to it, I just reorganised my wardrobe and it now looks like this:

There's a few MM t-shirts there, one of the only two white one's is one I got as a VIP in 2013 at a show, in Hamilton. The other white one is an extremely fin t-shirt I put under my work uniform.

I am going to be dying my hair jet black as well, my mom wants to buy dye and dye my hair herself, but I want it permanent and want to spend the money on a hair dresser. As I have never dyed my hair before, what's the pros and cons of each option?

P.S: That's not entirely true, I died my own hair once, but nothing happened, I probably had an epic fail during the application process.
    "I'm Marilyn Manson, go fuck yourself"

benis

I don't think fedora's are a good idea. They've become widely mocked for years now.

3. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Those are trilbys, not fedoras. People get them confused and it bugs me, though yeah, trilbys are considered pretty much the Black Plague of fashion. Fedoras can actually be pulled off, but only with the right getup, as part of a winterey sort of oldtimey 'travelling' look, and if you naturally have that kind of strong-silent charismatic mystique. Manson used to rock them very well, particularly in the EMDM era, or think Bowie in the mid-late 70s.

Trilbys are for fat ska fans and douchebags. Get them the fuck out of your closet and burn them. Women will thank you.
    Last edited by Justsomeguy; 03-09-2017 at 09:48 PM.

5. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Visit lizmarie's Instagram Channel

getting a professional to do it would obviously be more expensive, I'd recommend your mom doing it, especially if she has more experience in it. you can get box dyes at the drugstore. check out some youtube tutorials as well, as I'm not an expert on this really.

Quote Originally Posted by lizmarie View Post
    getting a professional to do it would obviously be more expensive, I'd recommend your mom doing it, especially if she has more experience in it. you can get box dyes at the drugstore. check out some youtube tutorials as well, as I'm not an expert on this really.
    Depends on his hair type and quite honestly how the man looks overall.

In general, if you're going jet black, I'd highly recommend a salon. Especially if you have dark hair to begin with, it's worth the extra coinage, and touch ups won't be as frequent. Unless your mum is youtube-tutorial good at this shit and you have some post-dye treatments on hand, box dye will both string your hair out and make it look greasy (an oxymoron I know but trust me) and you'll be left with that skiddish laughably hot topic goth look. This'll be especially bad if you have naturally straight or thin hair. I would only recommend box dying black to those with luscious Robert Plant-level locks, and even then they'd need keratin and coconut to the max if the natural colour is any less than dark brunette.

Salons cost more, but it is objectively worth it. I was a rampant hair dyer, albeit many years ago. Young hip girls can barely get away with box dyes but they're usually equipped with an insanely larger amount of knowledge, they're more often not doing anything too different from their natural colour, and for sure they have hundreds of dollars worth of products and treatments to make it not look like dog shit.

Again, depends on your hair, but overall I'd recommend the salon. Nine times out of ten it looks way, way better.

Ha. Despite being drunk, it's fun to get in on going full queer eye on this gentleman.

8. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

^^^

Salon. You can at least also get tips from them to do the upkeep at home. Plus they have more 'black' options so you don't look oddly yellow with the wrong base colour to the black. And less risk of panda going on for a week if you need to do your eyebrows.
    Quid ignorantia sit multi ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Justsomeguy View Post
    Those are trilbys, not fedoras. People get them confused and it bugs me, though yeah, trilbys are considered pretty much the Black Plague of fashion. Fedoras can actually be pulled off, but only with the right getup, as part of a winterey sort of oldtimey 'travelling' look, and if you naturally have that kind of strong-silent charismatic mystique. Manson used to rock them very well, particularly in the EMDM era, or think Bowie in the mid-late 70s.

Trilbys are for fat ska fans and douchebags. Get them the fuck out of your closet and burn them. Women will thank you.
    What should I get then? Not into caps or toques.
    "I'm Marilyn Manson, go fuck yourself"

Quote Originally Posted by GetDownOnYourKnees View Post
    What should I get then? Not into caps or toques.
    When it comes to the more 'fashionable statement' hats, fedoras and beanies and all, there's very few I'd recommend that to. Unless you have that tall, gaunt yet prettyboy look (think someone like Ville Valo), and are seamlessly GQ-level stylish and charismatic off the bat, stay away from hats, or else you will look like the biggest fuckin' dweeb on earth, especially if you're a grown adult, in which case it'd be a social death sentence.

And anyone who says 'well fuck what other people think' can eat a dick. This is the real world.

Honestly mate, if you post a photo, I can maybe help out, but in general I'd say stay away from hats. You don't want people scoffing at you on the street.

12. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Wear whatever you want and if you want and if it makes you feel good then that's fine.

There's nothing wrong with anything you described, especially not some simple, tasteful hats.

Anyone who says otherwise is just being a stupid, judgmental asshole and you can tell them the guy in pigtails told them they can point their fucking finger up their ass.

:)

14. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Let's see your natural hair. Dye might just kill it and make it horse hair high maintenance bullshit.

Let's see those locks!
    --------------------------------

Don't tell me what to do.