Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: The One Thread [MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS]

Excited to go see The Last Jedi on Friday! I just re-watched The Force Awakens as my memory needed a refresh.

I'm not sure how serious this topic is meant to be but since it's Star Wars related, I have to say the Robot Chicken animations I've seen so far are a delight.

You will not be disappointed! Too tired to review properly but what a film.

Follow me Down To Hell Mi-CroMartie's Avatar

It's Empire Strikes back with a bit of Return of the Jedi/Phantom Menace finale showdown. Not even kidding.

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

As the topic title now specifies, after consulting with FuckmanQ I can confirm that this discussion should remain SPOILER FREE until a sensible point after at least January of 2018. Don't be an asshole to your fellow forum members who haven't seen the film, take it to private message if you want to go into details about specific plot points, feel free to allude rather than revealing, but let's not do what every prick on Facebook seems to enjoy doing and ruin it for people.

Many thanks, may the force be with you.

DON'T LET THEM KNOW HOW FAR YOU GO...

My Review: Its better than TFA (I liked TFA) this one is just more intense and more emotional. The acting for the most part is even better than it was in TFA. I mean if JJ abrams was the guy who figurtively unlocked the door Rian Johnson is the guy who straight up kicks it down. Not knocking JJ but it’s clear who is a better director here. This was truly an enjoyable experience and having it all on an IMAX screen was truly wonderous for my ocular & sonical pleasure.

Fat dick out of 10
    A system organized around the weakest qualities of individuals will produce these same qualities in its leaders.

I agree with FuckmanQ about The Last Jedi being better than The Force Awakens and also more intense and emotional. I don't know much about film so I can't comment on the directing and other aspects of the production but it was a great experience for me. I want to see it again and I love how it leaves the viewer in great anticipation for the next episode. There is one thing in particular I'm really curious to see how they are going to execute in the next film also. Hurry up, next year!

I'd have thought it would make more sense to have a "Stay the fuck out of the thread until you've seen it" warning instead so people could discuss it fully (what does anyone who hasn't seen it have to say about it?), but fair enough!

Was so good I remained with my restless 4 year old on my lap the last hour.

This movie brought me back to some of the star wars books I've read- very Jedi, indeed
    --------------------------------

Don't tell me what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by FuckmanQ View Post
    I mean if JJ abrams was the guy who figurtively unlocked the door Rian Johnson is the guy who straight up kicks it down.
    Haha, damned straight!

Quote Originally Posted by Procrastinator View Post
    I can't comment on the directing and other aspects of the production but it was a great experience for me. I want to see it again and I love how it leaves the viewer in great anticipation for the next episode. There is one thing in particular I'm really curious to see how they are going to execute in the next film also. Hurry up, next year!
    GODDAMNED RIGHT.

Quote Originally Posted by YoureAlreadyHere View Post
    Was so good I remained with my restless 4 year old on my lap the last hour.

This movie brought me back to some of the star wars books I've read- very Jedi, indeed
    OMG, do tell! I'm guessing the original Timothy Zahn, Heir to the Empire trilogy?

Maybe the Dark Empire comics?

Very curious to hear more about which ones it called to mind.

Annnnd now on to the horseshit.

Quote Originally Posted by S.D. View Post
    As the topic title now specifies, after consulting with FuckmanQ I can confirm that this discussion should remain SPOILER FREE until a sensible point after at least January of 2018. Don't be an asshole to your fellow forum members who haven't seen the film, take it to private message if you want to go into details about specific plot points, feel free to allude rather than revealing, but let's not do what every prick on Facebook seems to enjoy doing and ruin it for people.

Many thanks, may the force be with you.
    Look, buddy.

You're an admin. If you mean something like "No spoilers unless you use spoiler tags" then just fucking say that.

We shouldn't have to GUESS the meanings of edicts from On High or wonder wtf happens if we guess wrong.

Because, frankly, as worded...it's retarded.

I will see Star Wars on the 27 Dec. - I'm so excited and maybe I will shed tears when I see Carrie Fisher : (