Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 70

Thread: Star Wars: The One Thread [MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS]

  1. #21
    Spirit Animal Procrastinator's Avatar
    Join Date: 06.20.09
    Location: Bracksmell
    Posts: 696
    Rank: Crimson Soil

    Default

    Excited to go see The Last Jedi on Friday! I just re-watched The Force Awakens as my memory needed a refresh.

    I'm not sure how serious this topic is meant to be but since it's Star Wars related, I have to say the Robot Chicken animations I've seen so far are a delight.



  2. #22
    INC 303's Avatar
    Join Date: 06.20.09
    Posts: 1,383
    Rank: Crimson Soil

    Default

    You will not be disappointed! Too tired to review properly but what a film.

  3. #23
    Follow me Down To Hell Mi-CroMartie's Avatar
    Join Date: 08.21.09
    Location: S.E. Asia.
    Posts: 2,600
    Rank: 15 Gauge

    Default

    It's Empire Strikes back with a bit of Return of the Jedi/Phantom Menace finale showdown. Not even kidding.

  4. #24
    Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster
    S.D.'s Avatar
    Join Date: 06.19.09
    Location: Inkland
    Posts: 3,434
    Rank: 15 Gauge

    Default

    As the topic title now specifies, after consulting with FuckmanQ I can confirm that this discussion should remain SPOILER FREE until a sensible point after at least January of 2018. Don't be an asshole to your fellow forum members who haven't seen the film, take it to private message if you want to go into details about specific plot points, feel free to allude rather than revealing, but let's not do what every prick on Facebook seems to enjoy doing and ruin it for people.

    Many thanks, may the force be with you.


    DON'T LET THEM KNOW HOW FAR YOU GO...

  5. #25
    GAFSTER FuckmanQ's Avatar
    Join Date: 02.28.14
    Location: Parentheses
    Posts: 1,641
    Rank: 15 Gauge

    Default

    My Review: Its better than TFA (I liked TFA) this one is just more intense and more emotional. The acting for the most part is even better than it was in TFA. I mean if JJ abrams was the guy who figurtively unlocked the door Rian Johnson is the guy who straight up kicks it down. Not knocking JJ but it’s clear who is a better director here. This was truly an enjoyable experience and having it all on an IMAX screen was truly wonderous for my ocular & sonical pleasure.

    Fat dick out of 10
    A system organized around the weakest qualities of individuals will produce these same qualities in its leaders.

  6. #26
    Spirit Animal Procrastinator's Avatar
    Join Date: 06.20.09
    Location: Bracksmell
    Posts: 696
    Rank: Crimson Soil

    Default

    I agree with FuckmanQ about The Last Jedi being better than The Force Awakens and also more intense and emotional. I don't know much about film so I can't comment on the directing and other aspects of the production but it was a great experience for me. I want to see it again and I love how it leaves the viewer in great anticipation for the next episode. There is one thing in particular I'm really curious to see how they are going to execute in the next film also. Hurry up, next year!



  7. #27
    MrPogo's Avatar
    Join Date: 06.21.09
    Posts: 514
    Rank: Glass Jaw

    Default

    I'd have thought it would make more sense to have a "Stay the fuck out of the thread until you've seen it" warning instead so people could discuss it fully (what does anyone who hasn't seen it have to say about it?), but fair enough!

  8. #28
    YoureAlreadyHere's Avatar
    Join Date: 01.13.14
    Location: Whorelando
    Posts: 1,495
    Rank: Crimson Soil

    Default

    Was so good I remained with my restless 4 year old on my lap the last hour.

    This movie brought me back to some of the star wars books I've read- very Jedi, indeed
    --------------------------------

    Don't tell me what to do.

  9. #29
    SEGLASS NI TONDAY Hazekiah's Avatar
    Join Date: 06.20.09
    Posts: 2,599
    Rank: 15 Gauge

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FuckmanQ View Post
    I mean if JJ abrams was the guy who figurtively unlocked the door Rian Johnson is the guy who straight up kicks it down.
    Haha, damned straight!

    Quote Originally Posted by Procrastinator View Post
    I can't comment on the directing and other aspects of the production but it was a great experience for me. I want to see it again and I love how it leaves the viewer in great anticipation for the next episode. There is one thing in particular I'm really curious to see how they are going to execute in the next film also. Hurry up, next year!
    GODDAMNED RIGHT.

    Quote Originally Posted by YoureAlreadyHere View Post
    Was so good I remained with my restless 4 year old on my lap the last hour.

    This movie brought me back to some of the star wars books I've read- very Jedi, indeed
    OMG, do tell! I'm guessing the original Timothy Zahn, Heir to the Empire trilogy?

    Maybe the Dark Empire comics?

    Very curious to hear more about which ones it called to mind.

    Annnnd now on to the horseshit.

    Quote Originally Posted by S.D. View Post
    As the topic title now specifies, after consulting with FuckmanQ I can confirm that this discussion should remain SPOILER FREE until a sensible point after at least January of 2018. Don't be an asshole to your fellow forum members who haven't seen the film, take it to private message if you want to go into details about specific plot points, feel free to allude rather than revealing, but let's not do what every prick on Facebook seems to enjoy doing and ruin it for people.

    Many thanks, may the force be with you.
    Look, buddy.

    You're an admin. If you mean something like "No spoilers unless you use spoiler tags" then just fucking say that.

    We shouldn't have to GUESS the meanings of edicts from On High or wonder wtf happens if we guess wrong.

    Because, frankly, as worded...it's retarded.



  10. #30
    Vertigo's Avatar
    Join Date: 09.26.14
    Posts: 730
    Rank: Crimson Soil

    Default

    I will see Star Wars on the 27 Dec. - I'm so excited and maybe I will shed tears when I see Carrie Fisher : (

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

NEWS | TOUR | BIOGRAPHIES | DISCOGRAPHY | VIDEOGRAPHY | GALLERY | MEDIA & INTERVIEWS
MANSON'S JOURNAL | ESSAYS & ANALYSIS | TIMELINE | FORUM | THEATRE | INFORMATION & LINKS