Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Star Wars: The One Thread [MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS]

@FuckmanQ

I am actually fine with getting spoiled (often prefer knowing in advance anyway), but I understand that most are not so sanguine about it and so adhere strictly to a non talking policy. The fact that I am not spoiled is mostly a factor of being busy than preference.
    Quid ignorantia sit multi ignorant.

I guess I just take films too seriously on some level. Not sure if I’ll grow out of that or not, we’ll see! That being said my day to day life it’s normally easy to avoid most stuff but again with Star Wars I just have a big attachment to it so I’m always looking at Star Wars shit when I have free time lol. :P

Lol when I come home from work I just watch Clone Wars on Netflix (I know, very sad)
    A system organized around the weakest qualities of individuals will produce these same qualities in its leaders.

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

I'm sure eventually I will see SOLO at the cinema, I waited too long for The Force Awakens and missed it. The Last Jedi was nearly bad enough to put me off Star Wars current era, but I appreciate SOLO is made by a different team (despite Kennedy producing). It looks... like a lot of films now; impeccably high-budget, seamless cinematography etc., but then for the amount of money going into these films I'd be disappointed if they weren't. Whether the substance matches remains to be seen.
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

Quote Originally Posted by FuckmanQ View Post
    I guess I just take films too seriously on some level.
    It is not that I don't, but I also have no problem putting aside what I know to experience it fresh. I also have issues with sitting through suspense, so I am more likely to watch the whole film if I am not avoiding the suspense moments. But I realise I am weird, lol.

Lol when I come home from work I just watch Clone Wars on Netflix (I know, very sad)
    Nah, hardly sad. I say enjoy what you enjoy and embrace it. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Enname View Post
    It is not that I don't, but I also have no problem putting aside what I know to experience it fresh. I also have issues with sitting through suspense, so I am more likely to watch the whole film if I am not avoiding the suspense moments. But I realise I am weird, lol.

Nah, hardly sad. I say enjoy what you enjoy and embrace it. :)

Yeah I embrace it, but I realize most people would probably not watch anything and just read a book or pass out after work. Yet I still act like I’m 15 when I’m home watching movies or playing games lol.

I will say if you haven’t given Clone Wars a shot I highly recommend it. I just started watching it this year and I’m almost done, it’s really made me love the Prequels.
    Last edited by FuckmanQ; 05-14-2018 at 07:08 PM.
    A system organized around the weakest qualities of individuals will produce these same qualities in its leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by S.D. View Post
    I'm sure eventually I will see SOLO at the cinema, I waited too long for The Force Awakens and missed it. The Last Jedi was nearly bad enough to put me off Star Wars current era, but I appreciate SOLO is made by a different team (despite Kennedy producing). It looks... like a lot of films now; impeccably high-budget, seamless cinematography etc., but then for the amount of money going into these films I'd be disappointed if they weren't. Whether the substance matches remains to be seen.
    I respect your opinion but I wholeheartedly disagree with your opinion regarding TLJ, different strokes I guess lol. Solo I think will be really fun though, and especially knowing what I got spoiled about; it actually makes me excited instead of pissed that I know about it. (Although, Iíll risk the contradiction by saying that I still would have preferred not to be spoiled)

Last edited by FuckmanQ; 05-14-2018 at 07:45 PM.

I am still struggling with the fact that the logo for Solo is almost identical to the logo for a really popular Australian soft drink:

And I mean really popular. You get three choices of soft drink at most shops - Coke, Lemonade, Solo. Still all would be fine I suppose, except for the part where all I can see every time I watch a trailer is this:

or this:

'Gotta crack a Solo.'

Rather hampers my ability to be serious, and I have a suspicion that if there is no kayak off a cliff then I am going to find the film disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by FuckmanQ View Post
    Yeah I embrace it, but I realize most people would probably not watch anything and just read a book or pass out after work.
    I am charmed by you presumption of people's post work reading habits, lol. In my experience most people open up netflix/HBO/some other form of streaming/movies/shitty TV and binge watch themselves into unconsciousness.

I will say if you haven’t given Clone Wars a shot I highly recommend it. I just started watching it this year and I’m almost done, it’s really made me love the Prequels.
    I have one more prequel to go, and it is not Clone Wars. :)