Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image

Thread: Ween.

Default Ween.

“Start liking them now, for one day you will get down on your filthy knees and crawl to the altar that is Ween.”

- Henry Rollins, Feb 1990

I like Ween. They're pretty good. My new username and signature and obviously inspired by Ween. I'll give those of you plebs who are unaware of Ween's greatness a little bit of a crash course.

They've been around for about 30 years and they make some pretty cool music. People kinda think of them as a joke or parody band sometimes, but they're anything but. They definitely have some humorous elements in their music, but they're a bunch of top-level fantastic musicians. They're the most diverse band I've ever heard of, by a long, long, long shot.

Here are a few of their sounds, off the top of my head. (Corresponding songs are linked, for your listen

But again, just to clarify, they're not a cover or parody band. Their primary goal isn't to make music that sounds like other bands. They just play and they have no shortage of amazing, unique, sincere music that is their style.

So other than the 'genre' stuff, here are a few songs that I think truly personify Ween and their absolute greatness. If you listen to anything in this post, make it this first song below.

Anyway, please discuss if you know them. If you don't please click on any of the random links or ask me for more. There are endless songs I absolutely love so I have to control myself from just posting hundreds of songs here. I'm sure this thread will get 3 views and 0 posts so this'll be all for naught, but whatever. If I can turn one person onto Ween, I'll consider it a win.
         

and with just one faint glance back into the sea
    the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye
      
      

2. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

A friend of mine used to play Chocolate and Cheese at parties whenever he had a chance, so that is the only album by them I know. The song that I remember the most is Spinal Meningitis (Got Me Down) which might me one of the creepiest ever recorded, especially when you're drunk and in the middle of a party.