Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image

Thread: In Your Eyes Watching

Strange & Unusual Sinner Halo Infinity's Avatar

Default In Your Eyes Watching

This is clearly an idea taken from the the general music listening thread, but applied to watching TV shows and movies instead. Perhaps this can also be for posting about viewings that don't really fit in anywhere else, or if you simply don't feel like making a thread about whatever TV show or movie you've watched.

Anyway, as for me, I've actually been watching The Loud House from time to time. What I liked about it was that it sort of gave me a Hey Arnold! and Dexter's Laboratory kind of vibe. At first, I thought it wouldn't be my thing, but it certainly won my inner 1990s and 2000s Nickelodeon fan over.

I have also been catching up on Beetlejuice again, as in both the movie and the cartoon series. I was so stoked to have seen the actual entire series being released on DVD in 2013, so I managed to snap that up from Amazon as soon as possible. For all those years, I kept wondering if it would ever see the light of day on DVD. After just a few viewings, I not only fell in love with the show all over again, but it turned out to be better than I actually remembered it, since some of the jokes flew over my head as a child.

And then I also checked out Lamb Chop's Play-Along again, especially after being reminded that Shari Lewis actually had a career in ventriloquism/acting since the 1950s, with Lamb Chop dating back that far as well. It was also a lot better than I remember it, especially for a children's show. The humor, magic tricks, puns, word play and songs, all of it.

Oh yes, and I have also checked out bits and pieces of Fuller House too, being the long-time Full House fan that I was. In spite of what's said about it here and there, I'm just thankful that something came out of it, and that the cast are also like a family in real life, which I still thought to be cool.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 04-22-2017 at 09:59 PM.

Wish this was real.
    A system organized around the weakest qualities of individuals will produce these same qualities in its leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by Halo Infinity View Post
    And then I also checked out Lamb Chop's Play-Along again, especially after being reminded that Shari Lewis actually had a career in ventriloquism/acting since the 1950s, with Lamb Chop dating back that far as well. The humor, magic tricks, puns, word play and songs, all of it.
    ...This is the song that never ends.

4. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Just finished binging Thirteen Reasons Why. It looked like the average American teen high school drama shit show but oh boy was I wrong. The constant building sadness and tension through the series and the final reveal of how her suicide actually went down was so ugly and absolutely heart wrenching. Check it out if you like sad shows about suicide, I guess.

8. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

A system organized around the weakest qualities of individuals will produce these same qualities in its leaders.