Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image

Thread: Top 10 Bass Lines

Follow Twiggz On Twitter Add Twiggz on Facebook Visit Twiggz's Instagram Channel

Default Top 10 Bass Lines

not sure if a thread like this already exists, but, what are your Top 10 most memorable bass lines? wether it be rock, metal, pop, funk, reggae...

and your top 3 bass players...This one was a tough bitch for me... I love Nikki sixx, Flea, Cliff burton...too many to name...but these guys take the top spots for me...

1- Twiggy Ramirez (surprise...)
    I think he is massively underrated as a bass player, we all know he is a fucking outstanding song writer, but this man inspired me to pick up the my first bass, which was the same height as me, and i could barely reach the 1,2,3rd frets i was that small.
    I love his grumpy bass lines in the ACSS and HW era, but his skills really let flow in A Perfect circle, i was blown away by how technical his skills actually are on bass. I once read an interview he did in Bass Player magazine just after he parted ways with MM, and the advice he gave to young players was "Use your fingers, use a pick, use the whole neck".... :-) And having had the pleasure to see him perform live with APC, Manson and NIN i can truely say, id touch him inappropriately if alone in a room with him...those fingers are magic.

2- John Entwistle.
    Just because he is the bass player for the fucking WHO. On a serious note, my very first bass has John entwistle custom pick ups, PJ style pick ups... He is possibly one of the most talented bass guitarists in rock and roll - "Thunderfingers" -theres nobody quite like him, the dynamics he uses are unlike no other, banging up the treble and literally rocking cheeky solo's, his fimger picking/slapping style was just outrageously good.

3- Mike Inez

He is the master behind two of my ALL time favourite basslines...although, i know Mike starr is behind Would, Inez rocked it on a acoustic bass once and i fell in love....

Alice in chains - Would
    Ozzy - No more tears

now for those bass lines... thee are my favourite ones to actually play...

10 - Coma Black - Marilyn Manson
    9 - For whom the bells toll - metallica
    8 - Schism - Tool
    7 - Are you gonna go my way - Lenny Kravitz
    6 - Weak and Powerless - A Perfect Circle
    5 - Dogma - Marilyn Manson
    4 - Love Shack - The B52s
    3 - Can't Stop - RHCP
    2 - The Chain - Fleetwood Mac
    1 - Weak - Skunk Anasie

...Stand down dick fighters...

Cash is a poor mans $ money $

2. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

I'll come back and look for a top 10, but until then.......

4. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

And this one is great. MJ could hire some shit hot musicians to work with him, and the chorus for this song on bass is just insane

6. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post