Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image

Thread: Trump: "I'm a globalist".

Default Trump: "I'm a globalist".

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...htmlstory.html

Following his decision to not withdraw the United States from NAFTA this week, President Donald Trump described himself as both “a nationalist and a globalist,” triggering chatter online about what his reversal means for his “America first” campaign rhetoric.

“Hey, I’m a nationalist and a globalist,” Trump told the Wall Street Journal on Thursday, less than a day after he was persuaded by White House advisers and leaders from Canada and Mexico to rescind his threat to pull the U.S. out of the 23-year-old trade deal.

“I’m both. And I’m the only one who makes the decision, believe me,” Trump added.

Related: Just how close was Trump to pulling U.S. out of NAFTA? This close.

Trump on Wednesday threatened to sign a draft executive order to begin the process to pull the U.S. out of the North America Free Trade Agreement, but later that day reversed his threat, saying that he would instead urge Congress to renegotiate the deal.
    Marxists, of course, knew this from the very first - capitalists like Trump require globalization to open new markets for their products, given the finite domestic consuming population in their native countries.

Idiots who are oblivious to the laws of the market are, of course, shocked into silence.
    To revenge the misdeeds of the ruling class, there existed in the middle ages, in Germany, a secret tribunal, called the “Vehmgericht.” If a red cross was seen marked on a house, people knew that its owner was doomed by the “Vehm.”

All the houses of Europe are now marked with the mysterious red cross.

speed bump mannequin Golden Eel's Avatar

Trump isn't anything - other than a reflection of the last person he spoke to. He's a moron.

and with just one faint glance back into the sea
    the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Eel View Post
    Trump isn't anything - other than a reflection of the last person he spoke to. He's a moron.
    Trump is a capitalist. Capitalists obey the laws of the market, and cannot do otherwise..

The crypto-conspiracy that 'globalism' is some kind of insidious plot to corrupt White Western Man was always retarded. Globalism is the natural, inevitable result of profit-seeking by capitalists when they run out of consumers in their home nations for their products.

It makes for odd bedfellows. Like so.

Your position is subjectivist, deliberately conceived to let the system off the hook - to let the symptom (Trump) take the blame for the disease itself.
    To revenge the misdeeds of the ruling class, there existed in the middle ages, in Germany, a secret tribunal, called the “Vehmgericht.” If a red cross was seen marked on a house, people knew that its owner was doomed by the “Vehm.”

Follow me Down To Hell Mi-CroMartie's Avatar

He is the Swamp now

Quote Originally Posted by Mi-CroMartie View Post
    LMAO

"Our racist ideology led us astray! We voted Trump in part to challenge American political Zionism, which we mistakenly attribute to secret Jewish control of everything. But now he's shilling for Israel and allowing his son-in-law to maintain business relations with a Jew, George Soros. Whatever shall we do?"

"I know! Let's double down on the racism that let Trump manipulate us in the first place!"

The American Right will always be pro-Israel, because it will always be pro-imperialist, because it will always be pro-capitalist. Israel is a Middle Eastern colony of the United States, existing in symbiotic relationship with its foreign policy. You won't change these facts; they'll change you.