Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 11 of 87 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: New Album Title - HEAVEN UPSIDE DOWN

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    /\ exactly.

Well, I remember Cringeon saying this I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE song wasn't on ''say10''. Can you explain @Cringeon?
    it's because it's on Heaven Upside Down ;)

Goon Moon lives

3. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

I can distinctly remember people pissing their pants in anger over Holy Wood as a title. Similarly, when it was originally rumoured the album would be known as In The Shadow of The Valley Of Death, the same sort of people loved it. If In The Shadow... had been the album title, I don't think the record would have been received in the same way. Holy Wood seemed like a silly pun at the time, but has since been regarded as a masterwork by fans and critics.

The point is, Manson has spent his career taking words, putting them out there in a way that suits him, and then changing the way people perceive those words. An album called Heaven Upside Down will probably make perfect sense as it's released, just like a song title such as mOBSCENE doesn't just seem like a capslock error for some reason, and his most revered album has a pair of fake tittys on the cover.
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

5. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

And of course the breakthrough album is basically a play on a bloody Andew Lloyd Webber musical!

7. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Visit cataract777's Youtube Channel

I was starting to like Say 10 and originally wasn't fond of Heaven upside Down, but I like them both now actually. Either way he goes sounds good to me.

I'd rather "We Know Where You Live" as opposed to "We Know Where You Fucking Live". But, at the end of the day, it's just a title. Can't judge until we hear the work he has to offer. And so far, I've liked what I've heard. Can't wait.

The thing i really want to know is ,is Tyler Bates still involved with HUD ??or Is it a totally new album ?? Did say10 got scrapped in favor of this ??
    Sorry for my poor english ,i'm a french Canadian from Montréal

Quote Originally Posted by maniac82 View Post
    The thing i really want to know is ,is Tyler Bates still involved with HUD ??or Is it a totally new album ?? Did say10 got scrapped in favor of this ??
    Both Twiggy and Tyler have been so silent, it is odd compared to the past. And as for the latter, I guess we'll see when the writing credits come out and if Cage is there or not. I am still relatively convinced they had some sort of falling out.
    Last edited by Mok; 05-17-2017 at 03:21 PM.

My world is unaffected... Unpretty Unsafe's Avatar
    Add Unpretty Unsafe on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by cataract777 View Post
    I'd rather "We Know Where You Live" as opposed to "We Know Where You Fucking Live".
    The former could still be the title, and the latter could be a lyric. Like the NIN song, "You Know What You Are?"

And in the chorus, Trent repeatedly sings, "Don't you fucking know what you are?!"

Could be a similar situation.

Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by maniac82 View Post
    I thought this was already established? It was said a long while ago that it was another Collab between MM and Bates. Idk if Twiggy worked on it, but i hope they at least had Gil to do live drums again.
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    Men Without Shoulders
    Apple's Fall Far From The Tree.
    The Shadow of a Cross, burning into the ground.
    Days are getting
    Darker.

Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by S.D. View Post
    I can distinctly remember people pissing their pants in anger over Holy Wood as a title. Similarly, when it was originally rumoured the album would be known as In The Shadow of The Valley Of Death, the same sort of people loved it. If In The Shadow... had been the album title, I don't think the record would have been received in the same way. Holy Wood seemed like a silly pun at the time, but has since been regarded as a masterwork by fans and critics.

The point is, Manson has spent his career taking words, putting them out there in a way that suits him, and then changing the way people perceive those words. An album called Heaven Upside Down will probably make perfect sense as it's released, just like a song title such as mOBSCENE doesn't just seem like a capslock error for some reason, and his most revered album has a pair of fake tittys on the cover.
    You're goddamn right. Manson has his way of doing things that would be considered, even by him, out of his style; but he has always pulled them off so damn well. Going from a demonic "Antichrist Superstar" to a Red haired alien who wore female clothing, even in a matter of short periods of time. I didn't like SAY10 as a title at first, then i really liked it. Heaven Upside Down has now grown on me.
    Last edited by Nemoris Inferioris; 05-17-2017 at 04:55 PM.
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    Men Without Shoulders
    Apple's Fall Far From The Tree.
    The Shadow of a Cross, burning into the ground.
    Days are getting
    Darker.

14. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post