Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 6 of 87 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 863

Thread: New Album Title - HEAVEN UPSIDE DOWN

  1. #51

    Join Date: 02.01.14
    Posts: 340
    Rank: Brilliant Slut

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dipp Six View Post
    Good find. I looked it up myself and I guess we used the same site. It expires April 2018.

    http://www.register.com/whois.rcmx;j...nus-production

    It hides all personal information, so don't yell at me, mods.

    Now that I (think) he was telling the truth, I guess I'll start looking into it deeper. I do like it though and I really like the photo PM posted on Facebook with the church upside down. I know that's just a random photo they took, but it was still cool lol
    Scuse my total ignorance ,but why would they need another website ,couldnt they just revamp MM.COM ?
    Sorry for my poor english ,i'm a french Canadian from Montréal

  2. #52
    benis Mok's Avatar
    Join Date: 09.15.12
    Location: Silent Hill
    Posts: 2,760
    Rank: 15 Gauge

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maniac82 View Post
    Scuse my total ignorance ,but why would they need another website ,couldnt they just revamp MM.COM ?
    TPE didn't have one, but BV had a personal site and it really added a layer of depth to the album. It was filled with lots of imagery that kind of helped you get a sense more of what BV was. I think PM has some of it archived somewhere, if not, I'm sure someone does. Plus, none of Manson's albums have had lyrics sheets in a while, so at least we'll get the official ones like we did on BV.com. We did get the lyrics for TPE on that one site though, but it'll be more accessible for folk on the official site.

  3. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
  4. #53

    Join Date: 04.11.12
    Location: Hell, Illinois
    Posts: 1,068
    Rank: Crimson Soil

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    It's clearly the same dynamic expressed between opposing concepts of previous album titles such as; Antichrist vs. Superstar, Mechanical vs. Animals, Golden Age vs. Grotesque, Eat Me vs. Drink Me, High End vs. Low, and Born vs. Villain.

    I'd wager most people here just didn't figure this was a race to point out the obvious.
    'Born' and 'Villain' aren't 'opposing concepts'. They exist in dialectical relation to one another - the Christian tradition of original sin informs the concept, the antithesis of our understanding of childhood innocence. It's not as simple an inversion as 'Mechanical' 'Animals'.

    Anyway, I much prefer this as an album title to Say10. The latter is fine for a single, but it feels way too, well, jump da fuck up to work as a Marilyn Manson record title. Heaven Upside Down rather makes me think of this:


  5. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
  6. #54
    benis Mok's Avatar
    Join Date: 09.15.12
    Location: Silent Hill
    Posts: 2,760
    Rank: 15 Gauge

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Overman View Post
    I've always really liked this demo for some reason.

  7. #55

    Join Date: 02.01.14
    Posts: 340
    Rank: Brilliant Slut

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dipp Six View Post
    TPE didn't have one, but BV had a personal site and it really added a layer of depth to the album. It was filled with lots of imagery that kind of helped you get a sense more of what BV was. I think PM has some of it archived somewhere, if not, I'm sure someone does. Plus, none of Manson's albums have had lyrics sheets in a while, so at least we'll get the official ones like we did on BV.com. We did get the lyrics for TPE on that one site though, but it'll be more accessible for folk on the official site.
    Thanks ! i do hope HUD (not the best acronym for an album imo) has the lyrics in the booklet ,i didnt enjoy having to sit in front of my computer to read the lyrics while listening to the album during the BV era ,i<m oldschool i guess
    Sorry for my poor english ,i'm a french Canadian from Montréal

  8. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
  9. #56
    Sex Murder Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar
    Join Date: 02.12.14
    Location: Crashville
    Posts: 3,023
    Rank: 15 Gauge
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

    Default

    I had no problem with lyrics for TPE. If anything, it made it more difficult, because the "Official" lyrics on Genius.com were obviously incorrect, such as "Fenix", instead of Phoenix, "WELD WELD WELD!" instead of "WORK WORK WORK!". So, i liked the booklet that came with the Standard version, of photos.
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    Men Without Shoulders
    Apple's Fall Far From The Tree.
    The Shadow of a Cross, burning into the ground.
    Days are getting
    Darker.

  10. #57
    MA-86's Avatar
    Join Date: 02.10.12
    Location: HOME
    Posts: 408
    Rank: Glass Jaw

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Overman View Post
    'Born' and 'Villain' aren't 'opposing concepts'. They exist in dialectical relation to one another - the Christian tradition of original sin informs the concept, the antithesis of our understanding of childhood innocence. It's not as simple an inversion as 'Mechanical' 'Animals'.

    Anyway, I much prefer this as an album title to Say10. The latter is fine for a single, but it feels way too, well, jump da fuck up to work as a Marilyn Manson record title. Heaven Upside Down rather makes me think of this:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cRwixfcJeM
    THANKS a lot for posting that demo Overman - I had never heard it before! It is a good one!

  11. #58
    My world is unaffected... Unpretty Unsafe's Avatar
    Join Date: 06.20.09
    Location: Massachusetts (USA)
    Posts: 540
    Rank: Glass Jaw
    Add Unpretty Unsafe on Facebook

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Overman View Post
    Heaven Upside Down rather makes me think of this:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cRwixfcJeM
    I immediately thought the same thing! Loved this intro by Daisy. It's a shame it was never used. A fun dark spin on the theme to Jesus Christ Superstar.

  12. #59
    benis Mok's Avatar
    Join Date: 09.15.12
    Location: Silent Hill
    Posts: 2,760
    Rank: 15 Gauge

    Default

    Maybe something to look into idk. Probably just me looking too deep into things again.

    http://missiodei.co/world-turned-upside-down/
    http://www.biblebb.com/files/spurgeon/0193.htm

    Kind of aligns with this way of thinking: https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...d-a-fake-world

    “It doesn’t usually happen. But I really wanted to flip my entire world upside down, have heaven upside down instead of hell. I just wanted to change things completely. To have that element of surprise.”

    Charles Spurgeon seems like Manson's type. lol. I'm probably wrong as usual though.

    https://books.google.com/books?id=WS...20Down&f=false
    Last edited by Mok; 05-10-2017 at 04:13 PM.

  13. #60
    HEAVEN UPSIDE DOWN Hazekiah's Avatar
    Join Date: 06.20.09
    Posts: 2,423
    Rank: 15 Gauge

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Overman View Post
    'Born' and 'Villain' aren't 'opposing concepts'. They exist in dialectical relation to one another - the Christian tradition of original sin informs the concept, the antithesis of our understanding of childhood innocence. It's not as simple an inversion as 'Mechanical' 'Animals'.
    While perhaps "not as simple an inversion" it nonetheless clearly still merits inclusion with the rest insofar as Manson himself has likewise drawn parallels between children and innocence on numerous occasions.

    And AS IF Manson actually believes in Original Sin, lol.

    Come on now.

    The point stands.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

NEWS | TOUR | BIOGRAPHIES | DISCOGRAPHY | VIDEOGRAPHY | GALLERY | MEDIA & INTERVIEWS
MANSON'S JOURNAL | ESSAYS & ANALYSIS | TIMELINE | FORUM | THEATRE | INFORMATION & LINKS